ADVERTISEMENT

Porter still a joke

He is a bust to this point, he'd need a major jump in performance to avoid bust status.
What is the Steelers record when Pickett starts and plays the entire game vs What is their record when he doesn’t play? The stat that matters most is wins and losses.

What is the Steelers record when Pickett starts and plays the entire game vs What is their record when he doesn’t play? The stat that matters most is wins and losses.
Precisely

The fantasy stats weirdos don’t like him .
Cool - don’t play him in FF

He’s competent and a guy who gives us a chance to win
He doesn’t lose games

You don’t actually know what you’re watching
It’s why you’re a madden fan .
Stick with wwe like he should
No, YOU DON'T ACTUALLY KNOW WHAT YOU ARE WATCHING. Kenny has not been good, and it's a lot ON HIM and not everyone and anyone else like clueless Pitt pom pom wavers LIKE YOU seem to believe.

Pretty good when the defense wins it for him, by holding the opponent to less than 17 ppg or intercepts passes at the goal line on the last play of the game, would he be as good in the w/l department if he was on a team with bad defense?

Precisely

The fantasy stats weirdos don’t like him .
Cool - don’t play him in FF

He’s competent and a guy who gives us a chance to win
He doesn’t lose games
How many QBs have won championships throwing 0.5 TDs per game? I mean after 1950. So yeah, stats aren't everything, but having at least some stat production matters.

How many QBs have won championships throwing 0.5 TDs per game? I mean after 1950. So yeah, stats aren't everything, but having at least some stat production matters.
pitt79, tell us again how friermuth needs more time before we can make a judgement call on him..

Can someone tell me how much combined we have tied up in Mitch, Allen Robinson, chuks and dionte?

Has to be over 50m. For the worst backup qb in nfl, a #3 wr that does nothing, a RT that doesn’t play and a WR that has 1 td reception in 2 years.
Mitch - he will be a designated June 1st cut to free up cap space.
Robinson - he will be cut and free up $10 million and only $1 million in dead money.
Chuks - more good news, frees up almost $9 million in cap space.
Dionte - if traded, saves $10 million in cap space with $5 million in dead money.
Cam - would be a tough cut but opens $16 million in cap space. He should try to win a title elsewhere.
Cole - saves $4 million, gone.
Peterson - gone, saves up space.

Last edited:
Mitch - he will be a designated June 1st cut to free up cap space.
Robinson - he will be cut and free up $10 million and only $1 million in dead money.
Chuks - more good news, frees up almost $9 million in cap space.
Dionte - it traded, saves $10 million in cap space with $5 million in dead money.
Cam - would be a tough cut but opens $16 million in cap space. He should try to win a title elsewhere.
Cole - saves $4 million, gone.
Peterson - gone, saves up space.
truly amazing how many bad contracts we have going. and i know we are all over Khan's nuts but he was the one that made the Dionte and the Highsmith deals. both looking pretty brutal right about now.

truly amazing how many bad contracts we have going. and i know we are all over Khan's nuts but he was the one that made the Dionte and the Highsmith deals. both looking pretty brutal right about now.
I want to say Dionte was signed by Colbert on his way out. Since OLB is so crucial in the 3-4 I had a feeling Highsmith was going to get the bag. He's been so mediocre.

The guy who better get healthy and bounce back in 2024 is Minkah. He makes a total of $68 million in the next three years. Need a coordinator who'll unleash him to make plays.

Kahn did a good job signing all those ILBs for cheap, just unfortunate three have gotten injured. The Claypool trade was beautiful. Yinzers who said you don't trade a stud receiver like Chase couldn't have been more wrong.

Kahn and Weidl need to pull another fast one and get rid of Pickens for another good pick.

Pretty good when the defense wins it for him, by holding the opponent to less than 17 ppg or intercepts passes at the goal line on the last play of the game, would he be as good in the w/l department if he was on a team with bad defense?
Well, clearly the defense has it out for Mitch as the only play well when Kenny's out there. Another vote for Kenny.

Regarding the w/l with a bad defense, I guess it depends if he's in a good offense rather than this POS. You don't think much before you type.

I want to say Dionte was signed by Colbert on his way out. Since OLB is so crucial in the 3-4 I had a feeling Highsmith was going to get the bag. He's been so mediocre.

The guy who better get healthy and bounce back in 2024 is Minkah. He makes a total of $68 million in the next three years. Need a coordinator who'll unleash him to make plays.

Kahn did a good job signing all those ILBs for cheap, just unfortunate three have gotten injured. The Claypool trade was beautiful. Yinzers who said you don't trade a stud receiver like Chase couldn't have been more wrong.

Kahn and Weidl need to pull another fast one and get rid of Pickens for another good pick.
Diontae was signed by Khan. Just an a horrible contract and thought so at the time. He's likely un-tradable.

Well, clearly the defense has it out for Mitch as the only play well when Kenny's out there. Another vote for Kenny.

Regarding the w/l with a bad defense, I guess it depends if he's in a good offense rather than this POS. You don't think much before you type.
I absolutely support Kenny as #1 QB out of the 3 we have.

You have reading comprehension issues. I don’t expect you to follow me around these boards and know everything that I have posted…but at least consider things that I’ve said just a few posts earlier in this thread before you post nonsense.
I actually thought it was a nice humorous play on your words. You had just replied in a post to someone stating about Pitt79 ‘he thinks everything is Kenny’s fault’.

So the reply I made was just too easy to come up with, plus it’s mostly true, you think nothing is Kenny’s fault.

You’ve been on this illogical campaign against all these supposed Kenny haters. I’d like to think you’re logical enough to know there are no Kenny haters on this board and you’re just jokingly stirring the pot but that may not be the case.

This debate on Kenny is so long overdrawn. If you’re a Steelers fan herein, I’d say everyone is hoping we get a new OC and scheme and Kenny thrives in it. Until then, there is zero wrong in saying his performance through 25 opportunities has unfortunately been below the line. and to question how much of that is due to Kenny and how much to the system.

Reactions: Pitt79
Has Mitch succeeded ?
No
Will Mason ? Spoiler alert - no

You’re a dope
Kenny isn't some major offensive factor in winning games, at best, he's avoiding mistakes by playing ultra safe, I personally want a QB who goes out and scores TDs, more than 1 per game.

Yes, it's never Kenny.

Kenny isn't some major offensive factor in winning games, at best, he's avoiding mistakes by playing ultra safe, I personally want a QB who goes out and scores TDs, more than 1 per game.
We don’t have that on the roster
Almost no teams in the nfl have a game winning qb either .

Why does it matter if we score a rushing td or a passing td so much to you ?

Then Mason is your guy. He averages way more per game than Kenny. If ever there’s an example of misguided stats, this could be it. Do you want Mason? Because this offense isn’t built for what you’re looking for.

The funny thing is, everyone thinks Mitch was really bad on Saturday. And yes he sailed a ball that resulted in an int. And of course the other int was more because of his receiver not making a play for his QB. That’s two int’s, but he wasn’t that bad. Look past the QB. There was a 3rd down conversion where his alleged stud TE didn’t sit in the middle of a zone for a 1st down and Mitch threw it where he should have been for an incompletion and subsequent punt. Additionally of his 23 dropbacks, there were like 20 recorded QB pressers. I’m not defending Mitch, but how the hell is any quarterback expected to function with all these things? He was 18/23 with all of that going on. Could have been 20/23 or better. Minus the ball he sailed, thats about as good as you can expect in this offense.

I love the “popcorn” Tomlinism. Actually I don’t know if that’s his terminology or someone else’s. But it brilliantly describes this offense. It’s all of these things that contribute to the bad offense. And until there’s a new playbook, play caller, center, RT, etc…it’s going to be more of the same.

Here’s my prediction on Kenny. Midway through next year, while trying to pick up on the new offense, he will be benched because there are still too many holes on the team and he will continue to be below the line. The Steelers will move on in the off-season, Kenny will find a job with a better team as the #2 QB, and at some point he will come off the bench and do some things within a competent offense like some of these other backups are doing, and everyone will be wondering why it didn’t happen in Pittsburgh…

We don’t have that on the roster
Almost no teams in the nfl have a game winning qb either .

Why does it matter if we score a rushing td or a passing td so much to you ?
Why do you think it doesn't matter if the QB can throw a TD pass or 20? Find a recent champion with a QB in single digit TD passes, and sure, make it rushing TDs, if the offense gets at least THREE+ per game than that's fine too. Nobody is winning a championship playing defense and averaging 16ppg. AND, just because almost no NFL team has a game winning QB that doesn't mean you shouldn't go out of your way to be one of the teams that does. And actually, I don't agree, there are dozens of QBs putting up double the production of Kenny at the moment

Why do you think it doesn't matter if the QB can throw a TD pass or 20? Find a recent champion with a QB in single digit TD passes, and sure, make it rushing TDs, if the offense gets at least THREE+ per game than that's fine too. Nobody is winning a championship playing defense and averaging 16ppg. AND, just because almost no NFL team has a game winning QB that doesn't mean you shouldn't go out of your way to be one of the teams that does. And actually, I don't agree, there are dozens of QBs putting up double the production of Kenny at the moment
This team is very far from championship quality -
So that’s a moot point

The QB isn’t the rate limiting step right now
The whole team is bad
Stop obsessing like a weirdo

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
This team is very far from championship quality -
So that’s a moot point

The QB isn’t the rate limiting step right now
The whole team is bad
Stop obsessing like a weirdo
Sorry, but I don't think it's weird to want the football team you follow to score TDs. Your team scoring a TD is usually among the very best moments of any game.

Answer the question? Wouldn't more TDs by the offense lead to more wins most of the time? Just answer it?
Yup it would be great to have an actual OL that gives the qb time to go through progressions and open holes for running backs. It would be great to have a legit #1 Wr and a wr corp that isn’t mediocre. It would be great to have an OC and coach who don’t live in their fears and is more agressive on offense. I’m sure that would lead to more TDs as well.

Reactions: pittpsu
Answer the question? Wouldn't more TDs by the offense lead to more wins most of the time? Just answer it?
You weren’t happy when the team was 7-4 and controlled its own destiny at the #1 seed in the AFC.

The team was 7-2 in games that Kenny started and finished. Yet now find themselves 7-7 and likely to miss the playoffs yet again. I’ll spell it out for you…7-2 with Kenny. 0-5 otherwise. Not to mention the back half of last year where the team was like 6-1 or whatever it was. Including both, That’s like 13-3 added together with a healthy and largely inexperienced Kenny.

If you can’t look beyond the QB position and see that the problems on the team are plenty, then you don’t know a thing about football. And here’s the thing, I know that you do. So what gives?

Yup it would be great to have an actual OL that gives the qb time to go through progressions and open holes for running backs. It would be great to have a legit #1 Wr and a wr corp that isn’t mediocre. It would be great to have an OC and coach who don’t live in their fears and is more agressive on offense. I’m sure that would lead to more TDs as well.
We know, NONE OF IT is because of Kenny, he would be NFL MVP like Brock Purdy if he was with SF, right? Do you believe that? Seems like you do, I think he would be better, but not by that much. I'm beginning to think he was fools gold, and he's really like his 1st 3 years as Pitt's starter than the last year. But I hope you're right and we see real improvement at some point. Sadly, for Kenny, dumb ass Rooney will keep idiot Tomlin and the weak ass, gutless, 1970s offensive philosophy, so his only hope might be another team.

We know, NONE OF IT is because of Kenny, he would be NFL MVP like Brock Purdy if he was with SF, right? Do you believe that? Seems like you do, I think he would be better, but not by that much. I'm beginning to think he was fools gold, and he's really like his 1st 3 years as Pitt's starter than the last year. But I hope you're right and we see real improvement at some point. Sadly, for Kenny, dumb ass Rooney will keep idiot Tomlin and the weak ass, gutless, 1970s offensive philosophy, so his only hope might be another team.
Where did I say that? I've acknowledge that KP can play better. And for sure hed be far far better in an offense like SFs . What QB wouldnt be? Its safe to say Purdy wouldnt be an MVP candidate if he were in a Steeler uniform. Hell for that matter, if the Steelers did draft him in the seventh round its unlikey hed be starting and possibly have gotten cut......

Youre the one who refuses to acknowledge the following.

1. Its hard to tell how good any QB, let alone KP is in a system that is ultra conservative and lacks talent.

2. KP has shown some flashes of promise given the number of game winning TD drives hes lead which is unusual for a player that inexperienced with the limited talent around him.

Him and Friermuth are ****ing terrible at football. All he does is hold and PI and PF cant catch a disease in a south hills strip mall. Both trash, bnut that is Ped st for you

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt79
Him and Friermuth are ****ing terrible at football. All he does is hold and PI and PF cant catch a disease in a south hills strip mall. Both trash, bnut that is Ped st for you
If they were from Pitt, you'd blame everyone else but them for any mistakes they make, I'm also sure you think Kenny is a top NFL QB, held back by everyone else but himself.

If they were from Pitt, you'd blame everyone else but them for any mistakes they make, I'm also sure you think Kenny is a top NFL QB, held back by everyone else but himself.
You need to stop with this 79. There is not a person anywhere who thinks Kenny is Gods gift to quarterbacking. You are the biggest straw man on this board at the moment.
Where did I say that? I've acknowledge that KP can play better. And for sure hed be far far better in an offense like SFs . What QB wouldnt be? It’s safe to say Purdy wouldnt be an MVP candidate if he were in a Steeler uniform. Hell for that matter, if the Steelers did draft him in the seventh round its unlikey hed be starting and possibly have gotten cut......

Youre the one who refuses to acknowledge the following.

1. Its hard to tell how good any QB, let alone KP is in a system that is ultra conservative and lacks talent.

2. KP has shown some flashes of promise given the number of game winning TD drives hes lead which is unusual for a player that inexperienced with the limited talent around him.

You need to stop with this 79. There is not a person anywhere who thinks Kenny is Gods gift to quarterbacking. You are the biggest straw man on this board at the moment.
I have never been a homer type person, I get annoyed at the stupid analysis of every Penn State or WVU- Steeler being so bad? And I like Kenny a lot, I'm just disappointed in him so far, so I refuse to prop him up just because he's from Pitt, I also laugh my ass off at the people who act like Nitters and Hoopies are some inferior species from another planet when they are EXACTLY THE SAME, NORMAL REGULAR PEOPLE, JUST LIKE PITT PEOPLE, really some of my very closest relatives and very best friends in fact are HOOPIES, and they are GREAT WONDERFUL PEOPLE with a full set of teeth, and the Pitt people here making fun of them, I'd go to war against given the choice of who I'd defend. I really hope Kenny eventually gets good, I want that, but at the same time, I don't want to watch Steelers games this bad for years if he doesn't-I'd want them to move on sooner rather than later if he doesn't improve fast.

I also laugh my ass off at the people who act like Nitters and Hoopies are some inferior species from another planet when they are EXACTLY THE SAME, NORMAL REGULAR PEOPLE, JUST LIKE PITT PEOPLE, really some of my very closest relatives and very best friends in fact are HOOPIES, and they are GREAT WONDERFUL PEOPLE with a full set of teeth, and the Pitt people here making fun of them, I'd go to war against given the choice of who I'd defend.
Maybe WVU fans you have been around aren't delusional, but it seems most PSU fans I know truly think their team has a real shot at a national championship year in and year out.

I have never been a homer type person, I get annoyed at the stupid analysis of every Penn State or WVU- Steeler being so bad? And I like Kenny a lot, I'm just disappointed in him so far, so I refuse to prop him up just because he's from Pitt, I also laugh my ass off at the people who act like Nitters and Hoopies are some inferior species from another planet when they are EXACTLY THE SAME, NORMAL REGULAR PEOPLE, JUST LIKE PITT PEOPLE, really some of my very closest relatives and very best friends in fact are HOOPIES, and they are GREAT WONDERFUL PEOPLE with a full set of teeth, and the Pitt people here making fun of them, I'd go to war against given the choice of who I'd defend. I really hope Kenny eventually gets good, I want that, but at the same time, I don't want to watch Steelers games this bad for years if he doesn't-I'd want them to move on sooner rather than later if he doesn't improve fast.
You know that you and I are in complete agreement right? I fight the tribalists on this board too. I don’t care where players select their colleges as they make the best choices FOR THEM. My own kid picked another school over Pitt who she loved.

But where we disagree on is your comments on Pickett. You have said he’s ass, he’s putrid, and he’s awful. And there’s this constant finality in your comments. There is absolutely no way anyone can have a verdict on a QB that has not been set up for success in any aspect of the job. The jury is still out. Period. Any no one is saying it’s not. Other than you. You seem to have reached your verdict.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT