ADVERTISEMENT

Porter still a joke

You know that you and I are in complete agreement right? I fight the tribalists on this board too. I don’t care where players select their colleges as they make the best choices FOR THEM. My own kid picked another school over Pitt who she loved.

But where we disagree on is your comments on Pickett. You have said he’s ass, he’s putrid, and he’s awful. And there’s this constant finality in your comments. There is absolutely no way anyone can have a verdict on a QB that has not been set up for success in any aspect of the job. The jury is still out. Period. Any no one is saying it’s not. Other than you. You seem to have reached your verdict.
I have always said "so far" about Kenny, I guess I'm impatient, every week for like 26 starts I'm waiting for some breakout game and outside the several comeback drives, there have been no more than a handful of slightly above average games. I am rooting for him. just get more impatient with every 3 & out.

Maybe WVU fans you have been around aren't delusional, but it seems most PSU fans I know truly think their team has a real shot at a national championship year in and year out.
The PSU fans I know are mostly decent people too, and honestly, they have had a real shot at a NC. They've just blown it. I think if they could get past tOSU and Michigan they'd have a shot, it's not really delusional. They have a better path than Pitt does. If they win the B1G they'd be in, Pitt sadly will win the ACC and the agenda of the talking heads would immediately turn to explaining why they should be left out.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I have always said "so far" about Kenny, I guess I'm impatient, every week for like 26 starts I'm waiting for some breakout game and outside the several comeback drives, there have been no more than a handful of slightly above average games. I am rooting for him. just get more impatient with every 3 & out.
Like I said, the 3 and outs have been like popcorn. Sometimes it’s him. Sometimes the TE. Sometimes the WR’s. Sometimes the RB’s. And almost always the OL, playbook and OC. Just a bad offense any way you slice it. Most people understand that and acknowledge that and by saying that it doesn’t mean they are going all in on Kenny. They’re just objective and measured and can see that it doesn’t primarily fall on the QB.

Reactions: pittbb80
Like I said, the 3 and outs have been like popcorn. Sometimes it’s him. Sometimes the TE. Sometimes the WR’s. Sometimes the RB’s. And almost always the OL, playbook and OC. Just a bad offense any way you slice it. Most people understand that and acknowledge that and by saying that it doesn’t mean they are going all in on Kenny. They’re just objective and measured and can see that it doesn’t primarily fall on the QB.
Everything about the Steelers offense is garbage, the playbook, the scheme, the philosophy, the coaches all of it is definitely trash, it's like time traveling to 1965 and Art Sr. is just hiring Walt Keisling to coach over a few Irons, for the 7th time to install the single wing again. But, looking around at other QBs, it's frustrating, it just seems like Kenny should have been able to do more, just out of dumb luck? Maybe he's just too obedient and avoids risk at all costs? He'd be better off to take more risk and risk being benched IMO. When you have such incompetent bosses, just doing the job your way can be worth it, even if you go against their wishes, if you succeed, they'd be too embarrassed to replace you :)

A captain is about to lead his troops into battle.​

"Porter," says the captain, "I want you to bring my red jacket."

"Why your red jacket, Sir?" replies the porter.

"Well, you see..." the captain explains, "I wear my red jacket into battle so that during the fight, when I get injured, my men don't see me bleed and lose morale."

After the battle, the captain returns triumphantly with his men, and they spend the rest of the night celebrating. The next day, the captain learns of an impending counterattack by the enemy of which his army has no chance of winning.

Knowing this, the porter asks, "Captain, should I bring your red jacket?"

"Yes..." the captain responds, and after a moment's hesitation, he adds, "...and bring my brown pants as well."

Merry Christmas!

A captain is about to lead his troops into battle.​

"Porter," says the captain, "I want you to bring my red jacket."

"Why your red jacket, Sir?" replies the porter.

"Well, you see..." the captain explains, "I wear my red jacket into battle so that during the fight, when I get injured, my men don't see me bleed and lose morale."

After the battle, the captain returns triumphantly with his men, and they spend the rest of the night celebrating. The next day, the captain learns of an impending counterattack by the enemy of which his army has no chance of winning.

Knowing this, the porter asks, "Captain, should I bring your red jacket?"

"Yes..." the captain responds, and after a moment's hesitation, he adds, "...and bring my brown pants as well."

Merry Christmas!
So, you're saying the Captain was Paturdo??
6BGGqM7.jpeg

Can someone tell me how much combined we have tied up in Mitch, Allen Robinson, chuks and dionte?

Has to be over 50m. For the worst backup qb in nfl, a #3 wr that does nothing, a RT that doesn’t play and a WR that has 1 td reception in 2 years.
3 of 4 gone!

Are we still trying to pretend that JPJ isn’t good? That fact that some of you hate on him just because he went to Penn State is laughable.

Are we still trying to pretend that JPJ isn’t good? That fact that some of you hate on him just because he went to Penn State is laughable.
it is silly and it's just as silly with pitt fans not being able to be critical of pickett as a qb in the nfl. just blind hatred or blind fandom with zero objectivity.

Here are the facts from a Chief Justice that is smarter than you all and don't get bogged down like a cheerleader bitch for my school. Want the straight crap, okay read it and learn:
1) JP JR is a helluva rookie CB and future all pro. Sorry, he went to Penn State. So what. It is what it is, he's a great pick, one of the best by the Steelers over the last decade.
2) Pat Frieremuth is completely overrated. Let's be real. He doesn't get open, he certainly isn't a game breaker and I block better than he does. Waste of a 2nd rd pick.
3) Kenny Pickett may not be an NFL starter. Sure, willing to give him the doubt of another offensive coordinator and system. But he bails on the pocket way too early, starts scrambling without eyes downfield, loses half the field and often runs INTO trouble and not away. He would not be the first QB drafted where he was drafted and not end up being a quality NFL starter, in fact just based on numbers (empirical evidence) it would be more normal he does not become a 5-10 year starter than he does. That is not Pitt's fault. It is not even Kenny;s fault, it is the nature of the position and the competition.

Live it. Learn it. Commit it to memory.

it is silly and it's just as silly with pitt fans not being able to be critical of pickett as a qb in the nfl. just blind hatred or blind fandom with zero objectivity.
I’m right there with you. The Pitt fan in me wants him to succeed, but the Steeler fan in me needs to see the results. I’m not ready to give up on Kenny yet, but I think next season is make-or-break for him. With that being said, if they get an opportunity to upgrade the QB position this offseason, they need to take it.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I’m right there with you. The Pitt fan in me wants him to succeed, but the Steeler fan in me needs to see the results. I’m not ready to give up on Kenny yet, but I think next season is make-or-break for him. With that being said, if they get an opportunity to upgrade the QB position this offseason, they need to take it.
pretty much spot on with how i feel. def want him to be in the competition to start next year but need to bring in someone as well..

Reactions: HailToPitt725
pretty much spot on with how i feel. def want him to be in the competition to start next year but need to bring in someone as well..
The two that immediately jumps out to me are Justin Fields (assuming Chicago drafts Caleb Williams) and Russell Wilson (assuming Denver releases him this off-season following today’s news).

The two that immediately jumps out to me are Justin Fields (assuming Chicago drafts Caleb Williams) and Russell Wilson (assuming Denver releases him this off-season following today’s news).
I think anyone brining Russ in is asking for trouble. For one I think he’s done. And 2 - he wigged out or something. I don’t follow him all that closely but it feels like there’s a story to be told there. And in the latter years not a good one.

I think anyone brining Russ in is asking for trouble. For one I think he’s done. And 2 - he wigged out or something. I don’t follow him all that closely but it feels like there’s a story to be told there. And in the latter years not a good one.
I don’t disagree. I don’t think you can easily reverse whatever happened with him (although he’s played better this season), but those were just the two names that immediately jumped to mind that could potentially be better.

The one nice thing is that you could likely get him for very cheap.

I love all these Steelers fans upset that Kenny isn't the 2nd coming of Dan Marino or Ben their first two years. He was what, the 20th pick overall in not a QB rich draft. Can I help people out just how friggin difficult it is to find a top QB, let alone one who can play right away? Remember even Aaron Rodgers sat for awhile, even Tom Brady.

These guys were 2nd overall picks. OVERALL not 2nd rd. This is only the last 15 years.
RG III
Marcus Marieta
Carson Wentz
Mitchell J Trubisky
Zach Wilson

Come to think of it....#1 overall QB's in the same time frame....
JaMichael Russell
Matt Stafford
Sam Bradford
Cam Newton
Jameis Winston
Andrew Luck
Jared Goff
Baker Mayfield
Kyler Murray
Joe Burrows
Trevor Lawrence

Guys selected 3rd to 5th overall....
Matt Ryan
Mark Sanchez
Blake Bortles
Sam Darnold
Daniel Jones
Tua Tagauvoila
Trey Lance

The guys in bold lived up to hype, the guys bold/underline HOF trending.

My point here is there is less than a 20% success rate of drafting a QB in the top 5. So when you get to #20, there definitely are no guarantees.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Missed tackles critical pass interference leading to td. Leads team in penalties but hey he was almost a first round pick. Ps friermuth stinks too
Yeah, I heard that pedophile was an intern at 2nd Mile and visits Sandusky at State Penn weekly, you know he went to Penn State, right? :) So did Freiermuth, DID YOU KNOW? just want to make sure you know so you could be objective and not judge them by what school they went to :)

pierre93 vs pitt79, former psu players in a steelers uni playing against former pitt players playing against the steelers..

an epic clash, a duel for the ages.
Of course, I always hope whoever is in the Steelers uniform, even if they are Nitters or Hoopies, destroys whoever is in the other uniform, even if they are from Pitt. It's two different things, apples and oranges, college football is over the split second they join a pro team. Was pierre93 rooting against Christian Veilleux last season, that dirty, rotten, Nitter pedo!?

I love all these Steelers fans upset that Kenny isn't the 2nd coming of Dan Marino or Ben their first two years. He was what, the 20th pick overall in not a QB rich draft. Can I help people out just how friggin difficult it is to find a top QB, let alone one who can play right away? Remember even Aaron Rodgers sat for awhile, even Tom Brady.

These guys were 2nd overall picks. OVERALL not 2nd rd. This is only the last 15 years.
RG III
Marcus Marieta
Carson Wentz
Mitchell J Trubisky
Zach Wilson

JaMichael Russell
Matt Stafford
Sam Bradford
Cam Newton
Jameis Winston
Andrew Luck
Jared Goff
Baker Mayfield
Kyler Murray
Joe Burrows
Trevor Lawrence

Matt Ryan
Mark Sanchez
Blake Bortles
Sam Darnold
Daniel Jones
Tua Tagauvoila
Trey Lance

My point here is there is less than a 20% success rate of drafting a QB in the top 5. So when you get to #20, there definitely are no guarantees.
Cam Newton didn’t live up to the hype?

Jared Goff has taken the Rams to the Super Bowl and now the worst franchise of the past 50 years to the NFC championship game, and he’s chopped liver?

Trevor Lawrence has a Pro Bowl under his belt and is on the verge of being an NFL superstar entering his 4th season, and he hasn’t “lived up to the hype”? Same thing with Tua?

Kyler Murray is still young and has been impressive on a shit team. He has what, 2 Pro Bowls to his credit?

Why isn’t 2023 #2 overall CJ Stroud on your list? Has he lived up to the hype?

Reactions: Ski11585
That's a real conundrum, he's wearing a Pitt uniform after spending years in the PSU shower room doing unspeakable acts with young boys :)
so did Porter Jr and Friermuth, you know, those steelers that you root for..

so did Porter Jr and Friermuth, you know, those steelers that you root for..
I know, but I'm not the one who cares that they were there doing those horrific acts, I immediately support them the split second they put on my team's uniform. I'm asking Pierre, if CV is good, I want him no matter how many boys he doinked at Happy Valley :)

I know, but I'm not the one who cares that they were there doing those horrific acts, I immediately support them the split second they put on my team's uniform. I'm asking Pierre, if CV is good, I want him no matter how many boys he doinked at Happy Valley :)
you would root for a qb even if he was raping little boys?

Jared Goff has taken the Rams to the Super Bowl and now the worst franchise of the past 50 years to the NFC championship game, and he’s chopped liver?

Trevor Lawrence has a Pro Bowl under his belt and is on the verge of being an NFL superstar entering his 4th season, and he hasn’t “lived up to the hype”? Same thing with Tua?

Kyler Murray is still young and has been impressive on a shit team. He has what, 2 Pro Bowls to his credit?

Goff certainly deserves consideration

cam was terrific too
I’m a believer in Trevor - but like Tua and Kyler -
Health is going to be a concern for how he plays the game .
It’ll take stringing years together for those 3 -
I mean RG3 was great too, for a season or so

you would root for a qb even if he was raping little boys?
If he was really doing it no, and if it was proven fact he'd not be playing, he'd be in jail, I'm just mocking the stupid people who don't realize that people who went to Penn State or WVU are not Pedos or Toothless, THEY ARE EXACTLY THE SAME AS PITT PEOPLE, NORMAL PEOPLE, I like to mock that, anyone with a brain knows that CV, Muth and JPJ are and have never been pedos.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
Are we still saying that JPJ isn't good simply because he went to Penn State? He's good and was a rookie.

But but but... he is handsy. lol.
yes, a few pitt loyalists have vocally said he's terrible, mainly because he's an evil nitter. others have said he's good and could care less that he went to penn state..

it's an ongoing battle here.. do you root for pitt players in the nfl over the steelers or root for steelers who went to psu and wvu.

silly and stupid back and forth on here that really never ends..

RG III
Marcus Marieta
Carson Wentz
Mitchell J Trubisky
Zach Wilson

JaMichael Russell
Matt Stafford
Sam Bradford
Cam Newton
Jameis Winston
Andrew Luck
Jared Goff
Baker Mayfield
Kyler Murray
Joe Burrows
Trevor Lawrence

Matt Ryan
Mark Sanchez
Blake Bortles
Sam Darnold
Daniel Jones
Tua Tagauvoila
Trey Lance

Cam Newton won an MVP and took a sorry ass Carolina team to the super bowl. And RGIII was pretty darn good until his knee got ripped to shreds.

I list 23 guys....and you find a couple (this was written also before the playoffs). Yeah CJ looks like the real deal, plus he was a rookie, I didn't include any from this class so he doesn't count.

But my point stands, and it stands pretty strongly. QB's are a real crapshoot. Those are only QB's selected in the top 5. And even if you add those 4, you are talking a hit rate of less than 33%. For top 5. Which then prorate out to 5-25, and I would guess even further. My point here, many more QB's fail than succeed. Or just become "a guy". I mean Mark Sanchez was a top 5 pick and took the Jets to the AFC Champ game once, was he a "success"?

Are we still saying that JPJ isn't good simply because he went to Penn State? He's good and was a rookie.

But but but... he is handsy. lol.
He's great. He made the All Rookie team and I imagine will finish high on D ROY voting. He shut down other teams best CB's. I don't care if he is from Penn State or Western Pen, he's a heckuva player. Now if yinz want to throw some criticisms at Freiermuth, that is worth listening.

Matt Ryan also won an MVP and was a 4x Pro Bowler. He's not a future Hall of Famer, but I'd say he lived up to the hype.

Reactions: Ski11585
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT