ADVERTISEMENT

Possible Replacements for FED at Center

neench

Freshman
Aug 17, 2001
Realizing we have GDG but we also need some help. The other possible players are strong forwards without experience. Any insight as to possible replacements?

Realizing we have GDG but we also need some help. The other possible players are strong forwards without experience. Any insight as to possible replacements?
For instant help next year, keep your eye on the portal.

As far as names? Hard to say at this point. New names pop up all the time.

Papa K will get some play if he is healthy Guillermo will likely get some minutes there. But he is not a physical defender and offensively plays more like a stretch five.

Pitt has some openings to maneuver with. They’ll need to make the most in terms of acquisitions.

And of course, retention is going to be a very key part of this too.

Last edited:
Reactions: TheSpecialSauce

I am hoping Ben Middlebrooks continurs his tour around the ACC and makes another lateral ACC transfer

Reactions: TreesHero
Not sure about center but I’ll take me some Brea at guard. Nice looking player from the Dayton Flyers.

I think there is a real possibility Dishon Jackson visits here. He's already spoken to Capel and Brown.

I would like to see us get a visit from Tarris Reed although there will be big time players in this recruitment and probably including Michigan State. We already reached out to Reed.

If I had a choice or a dream player, its Daron Holmes from Dayton. Although he might be pushing 1.5 million in the portal. Maybe more if he opens it up.

I think there is a real possibility Dishon Jackson visits here. He's already spoken to Capel and Brown.

I would like to see us get a visit from Tarris Reed although there will be big time players in this recruitment and probably including Michigan State. We already reached out to Reed.

If I had a choice or a dream player, its Daron Holmes from Dayton. Although he might be pushing 1.5 million in the portal. Maybe more if he opens it up.

Jackson committed to Iowa State. That was quick, he didnt even visit. Must have got a big pay day.

Jackson committed to Iowa State. That was quick, he didnt even visit. Must have got a big pay day.
And this is why following every portal contact is useless. Unless it's a super small school or IVY, they're almost all already done at this juncture. Hell, if my kid from NJIT enters it's already a done deal where he will go. It's a stupid insane world rn.

Reactions: Pitt Reparations_
And this is why following every portal contact is useless. Unless it's a super small school or IVY, they're almost all already done at this juncture. Hell, if my kid from NJIT enters it's already a done deal where he will go. It's a stupid insane world rn.

Where's Brandon Johnson going since its done?

Because Miami is supposed to be getting a visit from Mikeal Brown Jones along with Johnson, and they certainly arent getting both.

Where's Brandon Johnson going since its done?

Because Miami is supposed to be getting a visit from Mikeal Brown Jones along with Johnson, and they certainly arent getting both.
Reading comprehension is tough. ALMOST was the key word in that sentence. This kid, the Pepperdine kid committing to Bama one second into being in the portal, Cliff, etc etc etc...

Reactions: pittjas
I assume you are talking the former city league kid…had a nice frosh year. He can definitely move up a level.

Bodo Bodo from High Point. Not even joking. 7'0 freshman. No idea how HP ended up with him. I guess P6 programs dont feel they can afford to waste a roster spot on a "developmental big." Watching him now but you cant teach 7'0 and the way he rebounds (37th in nation) and blocks (47th in nation). I'd take him in a heartbeat. My guess is that he gets major offers if he portals.

Last edited:
Bodo Bodo from High Point. Not even joking. 7'0 freshman. No idea how HP ended up with him. I guess P6 programs dont feel they can afford to waste a roster spot on a "developmental big." Watching him now but you cant teach 7'0 and the way he rebounds (37th in nation) and blocks (47th in nation). I'd take him in a heartbeat. My guess is that he gets major offers if he portals.
Checking TV listings today, High Point is in the CBI final tonight.

dead-tree-tall-portrait-view-blue-sky-background-57002950.jpg

Check out Bodo Bodo. Get the Capels down there to Daytona and lock him up before he enters the portal.
I did watch him, he wasn't bad, 18 points 16 rebounds and he seemed to have better coordination and offensive skills than Fede, as far as being able to make a move or take a step or two without losing the ball, but the competition was pretty bad, the main guy he was battling was a 6-8 ginger haired Aussie with a curly mullet and mustache, who looked like Kenny Powers, and that guy beat him sometimes.

Why did Fede leave? He received significant playing time at Pitt, was a starter and we don't have some automatic center coming in to take his spot.

Sure we all which he performed better but just curious as to what Fede is trying to get out of this move.

Why did Fede leave? He received significant playing time at Pitt, was a starter and we don't have some automatic center coming in to take his spot.

Sure we all which he performed better but just curious as to what Fede is trying to get out of this move.

I think it was probably more Pitt than him. From Pitt's standpoint:

1. GDG has 2 years left but is 2 years younger meaning he has a higher ceiling and is probably better now. He will turn 21 in June. Fede will turn 23 in May.

2. Kante - do they expect he'll be better

3. Transfer - with Fede on the roster, its less attractive to a transfer

I wish Fede well. I think he can go be a backup at a good P6 or start at a lower P6 or mid-major but he really regressed this year. Below average rebounder. Below average defender. Cant score.

1. Nil, fede got a decent bag last offseason. Rumors are around 150k, because they expected more from him this year, and the nil focus is on the 3 guards this year leaving fede with whatever is left
2. He was a starter, but it was expressed to him that it would be an open competition between him gdg papa and a transfer.
3. Fede’s camp believe that he can be more successful in another system/different coaching

He read what this site’s posters think of him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT