ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions on Oklahoma State Match?

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
I am not predicting a score, but I don’t think it’s a good matchup for us. There should be some good matches, particularly at 165 and 184. We need to win both of those to have any chance to win the match. And, we likely will need bonus points at 133, 156 and Hwt.

I see us potentially giving up bonus points at 125, 141, 149 and 197.

Mr T said "I see pain lots of it" tough match at a tough location but we need these matches to get the kids ready for the end of season. I see a loss but being closer than we probably think.

With the bonus points we’re looking at giving up we probably need 6 wins to win the dual unless we catch someone with a pin.

As bad a start as you could imagine. Pinned at 125. Phillippi down 6-0 after 1. Went for takedown, got thrown onto his back. Would have been pinned but period ended.

And then in the 2d period, OSU escape for 6-0 lead. Micky with takedown and pin in a nanosecond. Tied 6-6. OSU wrestler put himself on his back going for a throw.

Matthews continues to be totally unimpressive. Got taken down in first 30 seconds and ridden out for rest of the period. Showed nothing. Got reversed early in 2nd. He has been a huge disappointment. Please don’t say he is only a redshirt freshman. He is getting his butt kicked by other freshmen. Lost 7-1 to an unranked redshirt freshman.

They are just much, much stronger. Kemerer getting manhandled at 149. Takedown, back points, ridden for over 2 minutes. Micky was outmuscled too but the OSU wrestler went for a crazy move and almost pinned himself.

Kenerer got tech falled by #3 149 pounder. They not only are much stronger but except at 133 they are much quicker. In 4 matches Pitt has one takedown.

Last edited:
What happened at the end of Rahmani’s match? I don’t have ESPN+ and the wrestling Twitter isn’t good at details

#17 Gregg Harvey losing 6-0 after first period to unranked wrestler. OSU is pretty much doing whatever they want. They have back points in every match except 156. Doesn’t look like a match between #9 and #10. Looks like a match between #9 and #25.

20-6. Wentzel #11 dominated 9-2 by Wittlake #9. Again the OSU wrestler was stronger and quicker.
I questioned the S&C program last year, and I'm questioning it again. Pitt looks to be weaker, and have less endurance than opponents again this year.

Reactions: jctrack
Continuing the abject embarrassment, Bono loses 6-4 to unranked freshman at 184. Tied 4-4 after one. Bono rode him for 5 seconds in 2nd. He rode Bono for the entire 3rd period for the win. 26-6.

This has been a truly pathetic effort. Not one positive thing to say other than I like the uniforms.

Stoudt with a typical Stoudt effort. Which is to say a non-effort. Lost 6-2. Ridden entire 3rd period. Announcer even commented about his lack of effort on the bottom.

30-6.

It’s not a secret I was not a fan of the Gavin hire. I’m willing to give him a chance, but so far his recruiting, as translated into performance on the mat rather than the comments here that every recruit is a stud, has been borderline mediocre. We can beat bad and mediocre teams. But we were embarrassed in this one. Out worked. Out quicked. And they were far stronger physically in every weight class.

Thomas with an easy 14-3 win over a Hwt with a losing record.

Final score: 30-10, but match wasn’t that close. If Rahmani and Bono has won, score would have been more respectable, but the difference in the quality of the two teams was massive. Thomas was dominant but Phillippi was losing 7-0 when their wrestler tried a move and ended up in a cradle for the pin.

Hey there mike, Matthews lost to a redshirt JR, not a freshman
Your posts are so negative I feel like your more of a troll than a supporter.

As bad a start as you could imagine. Pinned at 125. Phillippi down 6-0 after 1. Went for takedown, got thrown onto his back. Would have been pinned but period ended.

And then in the 2d period, OSU escape for 6-0 lead. Micky with takedown and pin in a nanosecond. Tied 6-6. OSU wrestler put himself on his back going for a throw.

Matthews continues to be totally unimpressive. Got taken down in first 30 seconds and ridden out for rest of the period. Showed nothing. Got reversed early in 2nd. He has been a huge disappointment. Please don’t say he is only a redshirt freshman. He is getting his butt kicked by other freshmen. Lost 7-1 to an unranked redshirt freshman.

They are just much, much stronger. Kemerer getting manhandled at 149. Takedown, back points, ridden for over 2 minutes. Micky was outmuscled too but the OSU wrestler went for a crazy move and almost pinned himself.

Kenerer got tech falled by #3 149 pounder. They not only are much stronger but except at 133 they are much quicker. In 4 matches Pitt has one takedown.

Pretty sure it’s on Twitter —- It’s STOUT
No D

Stoudt with a typical Stoudt effort. Which is to say a non-effort. Lost 6-2. Ridden entire 3rd period. Announcer even commented about his lack of effort on the bottom.

30-6.

It’s not a secret I was not a fan of the Gavin hire. I’m willing to give him a chance, but so far his recruiting, as translated into performance on the mat rather than the comments here that every recruit is a stud, has been borderline mediocre. We can beat bad and mediocre teams. But we were embarrassed in this one. Out worked. Out quicked. And they were far stronger physically in every weight class.

Reactions: Italianpittbull
He’s extremely annoying, somehow I knew he would have such great stuff on here tonight. I’m gonna start calling him Midke.

QUOTE="ThePanthers, post: 2964963, member: 3098"]He's not a troll. But he is always extremely negative. He does care for pitt though.[/QUOTE]

Reactions: persp

A couple corrections for Mike here since he clearly did not watch the dual lol- 1. Micky took his guy down then cradled him and pinned him. His opponent did not go for a throw and get pinned. 2. Matthews lost to a redshirt junior who got third at the scuffle not a freshman. But agree that he didn’t wrestle well.

Reactions: persp and BApanther

30-6.

But what about when they beat Lehigh this year. Lehigh was ranked 7th. Did you think Lehigh was bad or mediocre?

While I am not agreeing with the complete assessment above, Pitt looked bad today. 7 or 8 guys getting put on their back is not good. Hopefully it was a bad day and they bounce back. With this all being said I’m excited with where the program is headed

A couple corrections for Mike here since he clearly did not watch the dual lol- 1. Micky took his guy down then cradled him and pinned him. His opponent did not go for a throw and get pinned. 2. Matthews lost to a redshirt junior who got third at the scuffle not a freshman. But agreeent not too far off. that he didn’t wrestle well.

Read Mike’s post again. He said that Micky took him down and pinned him. Mike very negative, but his overall assessment was not far off. Pitt had a bad day.

Reactions: Chaos
He’s extremely annoying, somehow I knew he would have such great stuff on here tonight. I’m gonna start calling him Midke.

QUOTE="ThePanthers, post: 2964963, member: 3098"]He's not a troll. But he is always extremely negative. He does care for pitt though.
[/QUOTE]

Definitely annoying and extremely selfloathing.

Reactions: BApanther
Read Mike’s post again. He said that Micky took him down and pinned him. Mike very negative, but his overall assessment was not far off. Pitt had a bad day.
He said “osu wrestler put himself on his back going for a throw”. That literally did not happen.

Reactions: BApanther
He did not say that. He said that Phillippi went for throw and put himself on his back. That is what happened so that Micky fell behind 6-0.

He did not say that. He said that Phillippi went for throw and put himself on his back. That is what happened so that Micky fell behind 6-0.

Thom, no that is not what happened. I watched the match. Here is what mike said, I will copy and paste it for you, “And then in the 2d period, OSU escape for 6-0 lead. Micky with takedown and pin in a nanosecond. Tied 6-6. OSU wrestler put himself on his back going for a throw”.

The mike said this in the same post “Micky was outmuscled too but the OSU wrestler went for a crazy move and almost pinned himself”.

Now I watched the dual so here is what actually happened in that match...Micky shot in got the leg and osu kid pulled him up and hit a lateral drop. Period ends with osu kid being up 6-0. Second period osu kid escaped making it 7-0 then Micky took him down off of an arm drag and cradled him for the pin.

Mike also said that Matthews lost to a freshman but that is not true. The kid was a redshirt junior. Pitt wrestled bad in this dual but Mike doesn’t tell the truth. Being negative a one thing but spreading misinformation is being a troll.

I guess we are talking about two different statements. I was talking about Phillippi getting on his back, not the ultimate pin. I watched the match also.

Just watched it today on YouTube. We were just outwrestled big time. Very poor performances from our top wrestlers, I saw tired, slightly lazy, outmuscled, outwrestled, and just illprepared. Oklahoma is a tough matchup, but I didn’t see a truly dominating group of wrestlers for them. I chalk it up as a bad day, tough matchup, tough place to wrestle. But these guys better wrestle smarter.

Just watched it today on YouTube. We were just outwrestled big time. Very poor performances from our top wrestlers, I saw tired, slightly lazy, outmuscled, outwrestled, and just illprepared. Oklahoma is a tough matchup, but I didn’t see a truly dominating group of wrestlers for them. I chalk it up as a bad day, tough matchup, tough place to wrestle. But these guys better wrestle smarter.
strength training needs to improve.

Reactions: BeefRock62
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT