ADVERTISEMENT

PSA: Patrick Ewing still owns the Garden

HailToPitt725

Head Coach
May 16, 2016
I know it may be heretical to some to pull for the Hoyas, but I can’t help but be happy for Georgetown’s Big East Tournament run. I enjoy Northeast college hoops and it’s pretty cool that they’re doing it with Patrick Ewing at the helm.

Thoughts on where they’re seeded or how they do next week?

Last edited:
The Hoyas looked terrible in the finale versus UConn and he was mentioned in an article along with the Miller brothers regarding a warm seat. Well that’s been quelled for now with a ticket to the Dance.

I’m going to guess 13 seed for the Hoyas. That’s usually where these .500 teams that go on a run and win a power conference tourney title usually end up.

The Hoyas looked terrible in the finale versus UConn and he was mentioned in an article along with the Miller brothers regarding a warm seat. Well that’s been quelled for now with a ticket to the Dance.

To be honest outside of the UConn debacle Georgetown had been playing great ball down the stretch. Something clicked for them late in the season and they had totally turned it around.

Reactions: iMissTheOldDayss
Meanwhile, Oregon State knocks off Colorado to win the PAC 12. Not a good day to be a bubble team.

Wayne Tinkle went from a guy that was about to lose his job to heading to the tournament in the span of a few days. Ironically they get there the year after his son graduates.

Wayne Tinkle went from a guy that was about to lose his job to heading to the tournament in the span of a few days. Ironically they get there the year after his son graduates.

Crazy isn't it?

And as someone pointed out, Patrick Ewing was probably feeling some heat, and they win the BE tourney after Mac McClung leaves. (even though I think McClung is highly overrated)

Shaka Smart and Josh Pastner weren't exactly the most secure in their jobs going into this year either. Although both of those guys had a solid regular season.

Last edited:
Bryce Drew’s revenge tour is off to a good start too. Grand Canyon wins SMF’s favorite conference.

Bryce Drew’s revenge tour is off to a good start too. Grand Canyon wins SMF’s favorite conference.

Good year for resurrections:

Smart
Pastner
Drew
Ewing
Tinkle

I dont know what happened at Vandy but I think Drew is back at a P6 in a few years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT