ADVERTISEMENT

Raines

Sarge25

Freshman
Aug 18, 2017
Odd that he wasn't at the Pitt/PSU game... however he will be at the Pitt/OkSt game.

I think that's a good sign for Pitt....but then I see him as a Pitt lock, so what do I know.

Raines isn't going to PSU they're about full and waiting on 3-4 big starred linemen!He just went to the game on PSUs dime.Im hoping Raines becomes a Mountaineer like his buddy Henry.Gibby is giving him his best shot but I don't think it will be good enough in the end.We need all the good DBs we can get in the Big12!Really an Aliquippa guy should go to Pitt though!

Any idea where Pitt State recruiting him? Linebacker or Safety?

I believe his recruitment is as a safety; however, there was plenty of discussion about his flexibility to come down in the box and play the STAR linebacker position. Kid has an excellent frame and could grow out of a true safety spot in a college weight and nutrition program. Would not be surprised to see him start his career in the defensive secondary and finish it as an OLB.

Reactions: KanePA
Logan11 who paid for Raines $100 ticket?????

According to the NCAA, this is an UOV:

"Any visit by you and your parents to a college campus paid for by you or your parents. The only expense you may receive from the college is three complimentary admissions to a home athletics contest. You may make as many unofficial visits as you like and may take those visits at any time. The only time you cannot talk with a coach during an unofficial visit is during a dead period."

So you're right that he probably went to the game for free. With that said, he had a field pass and not a ticket with a seat designation. Schools can probably hand out as many of those as they'd like since it has no correlation to a seat being sold by the University. I can't speculate on specifics regarding the value of the pass.

Sorry guys my grammar isn't perfect!I can't believe how many grammar police you have on here.Over on the WVU board I'm considered a Phi Beta Kappa.Gee even a Ok State fan corrected my grammar on here.You guys do have high academic standards at Pitt.

Sorry guys my grammar isn't perfect!I can't believe how many grammar police you have on here.Over on the WVU board I'm considered a Phi Beta Kappa.Gee even a Ok State fan corrected my grammar on here.You guys do have high academic standards at Pitt.
Great game earlier this season between VT and WVU. Well, hardly perfectly played but it was competitive and exciting. All you can ask for in an opener between two Top 25 squads.

Thoughts on how WVU will fare this season overall and in league play?

Don't worry Pizzaboy, there are plenty of Pitt fans who say things like, "Could have went." Or, "Should have went."

There are lots of grammar mistakes by Pitt fans that go uncorrected on this board.

I'm afraid to make a comment, it's like I'm back in Miss Rye's English Class.She was always correcting me and I felt stupid in her presence?You Pitt fans all got 1600 on your college boards scores I'm envious!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT