ADVERTISEMENT

Realistic expectations

Dec 1, 2006
Too many posters are reacting as though the team is performing below expectations. In order to get any enjoyment out of this season, you have to accept what the team is for now, and have realistic expectations. What I'm looking for is effort, grit, and signs that they are buying in to what the coaches are doing. I'm seeing all three so far. As for individual players, there are probably no NBA guys here, and Stallings needs to bring in at least a couple of guys who will eventually at least draw NBA scouts here. I think Carr will eventually become a superior player, but we need a couple more. That said, this year I'm looking for potential Ronald Ramons, Gary McGhees, and Nasir Robinsons. Good teams need these types of players to compliment the stars, and this is where the coaches will earn their money, developing what will become depth for the next few years. If you expect much more than that this season, you're going to be disappointed, and end up spewing negativity.

Too many posters are reacting as though the team is performing below expectations. In order to get any enjoyment out of this season, you have to accept what the team is for now, and have realistic expectations. What I'm looking for is effort, grit, and signs that they are buying in to what the coaches are doing. I'm seeing all three so far. As for individual players, there are probably no NBA guys here, and Stallings needs to bring in at least a couple of guys who will eventually at least draw NBA scouts here. I think Carr will eventually become a superior player, but we need a couple more. That said, this year I'm looking for potential Ronald Ramons, Gary McGhees, and Nasir Robinsons. Good teams need these types of players to compliment the stars, and this is where the coaches will earn their money, developing what will become depth for the next few years. If you expect much more than that this season, you're going to be disappointed, and end up spewing negativity.
Just wait until we lose to Miami next week. They will all be back. As if this season is going any differently than we thought it would. Actually, it may be going better and it's killing them inside.

Worst fan base on earth.

Just wait until we lose to Miami next week. They will all be back. As if this season is going any differently than we thought it would. Actually, it may be going better and it's killing them inside.

Worst fan base on earth.

What happens if we beat Miami which is possible?
IMO Stallings & Pitt basketball will be up to speed in year 4. He'll be somewhere between Dixons best years and Dixons last year at Pitt.

Merry Christmas to All!
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go Pitt Panthers & CSU Rams!

Stewart = Ramon?
Brown = McGhee?
Stevenson = Nasir?

Worst fan base on earth.
I disagree - True Pitt fans just want to see this team play hard and keep improving. People were rather positive after losing to WV. The same will apply to Miami.

I disagree - True Pitt fans just want to see this team play hard and keep improving. People were rather positive after losing to WV. The same will apply to Miami.

But of course it would all depend on how that Miami game would actually go. If we play a good, hard fought game that is close most or all of the way to the end then most people aren't going to go nuts over that (of course there will be some exceptions). But on the other hand, if we lose a "Louisville-type game" then people are going to go nuts. And they would have every reason to do so.

Reactions: jctrack
But of course it would all depend on how that Miami game would actually go. If we play a good, hard fought game that is close most or all of the way to the end then most people aren't going to go nuts over that (of course there will be some exceptions). But on the other hand, if we lose a "Louisville-type game" then people are going to go nuts. And they would have every reason to do so.
Face it there’s going to be bad loses . This team can’t survive a quality ACC opponent with a pressing defense or a team that has a hot shooting night . Those who need a reason to will bitch up a storm ...so what !
Pitt could’ve easily folded last night , but they rallied and pulled out a victory , it wasn’t against Duke but it was a W . Baby steps that’s what this yr is about .

There probably will be, but there is no reason that anyone should EVER accept a game like the Louisville game last year.
Last yr Pitt had experienced players , three of which are now currently playing pro ball . That performance was inexcusable , but it happened . This yr with their inexperienced roster I can see a 30/40 loss game if things get out of hand . Would it be reason to panic , not for me this yr .

Last yr Pitt had experienced players , three of which are now currently playing pro ball . That performance was inexcusable , but it happened . This yr with their inexperienced roster I can see a 30/40 loss game if things get out of hand . Would it be reason to panic , not for me this yr .

The test will be if they don’t quit on the coaches when they get to something like 0-12 in ACC play

Both the players and the coach quit in the Louisville game last year. That is NEVER acceptable, no matter how old or young the team OR the coach is.

Reactions: Saboteur
Both the players and the coach quit in the Louisville game last year. That is NEVER acceptable, no matter how old or young the team OR the coach is.
No argument there , this team won’t quit . They might lose a few games by large margins , but they’ll be trying their best .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT