ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting: Wannstedt vs Narduzzi

Being glass half empty all the time must suck. For the last time, I'll take a 10 win season and say thanks rather than pick it apart, minimize or diminish it. I've only seen it twice in my lifetime. I'm a positive person. You should try it sometime. Cheers
I’m okay with having standards.

Pitt football doesn’t impact my life perspective-
Which is why I’m okay with no spinning the past

I’m okay with having standards.

Pitt football doesn’t impact my life perspective-
Which is why I’m okay with no spinning the past
I understand and can agree with that, but there's also reality...the reality is, I appreciate a 10 win season because it doesn't happen here. You should too. Should we expect more and want more? Of course, but until it does, I'll take it and say thank you rather than focus on the negative. I'm not spinning anything, quite the opposite really. If this team was anything above mediocre for 35+ years you'd have something, but guess what...when 8 wins is your high water mark, a 10 win season is ok with me, no matter what happened. Who they played or even if they should have won even more that year because of horrible coaching.

And it has nothing to do with life perspectives Souf, you know that. You're a smart guy. Glass half empty is in reference to that season, not you as a person. Apologies if it felt like a direct, personal shot. That wasn't the intent

Its been proven when Pitt gets a special talent they always start to improve. The problem is they never get 2 or 3 guys a class that are that special to put them over the top in those big games. When we had Shady, the offense was instantly better with just him. Then you added someone like Aaron Donald. Imagine if we got those type of players when we had a solid foundation of good recruits? Then those type of talents put you over the top in championship games and rival games. The issue is when those guys come out of Pittsburgh we usually don't get them ( Terrelle Pryor, Robert Foster, Even though i thought Pryor was overrated). 10 wins only happen if our recruiting of front 7 defensive players improves dramatically and there seems to be no effort there, or coaches just aren't good enough.

Recruting takes a village. Aggressive boosters, pliant administration and trustees, strategic easy course paths and academic support (think UNC), "amenities", etc. Think of the personalities of most of the great coaches: they're often the dryest, most bland, jerkiest humans on the planet. Their sparkling personas aren't what is selling recruits. Dollar signs, and what those bring, baby.

Reactions: pittmeister
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT