ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting Yes or No

Again, he’s a 4 star on the gold standard of HS recruiting, and a site hundreds of people pay to get content. 247 is almost as bad as on3. And the truth is, the staff should have slow played the German kid who probably sucks, and waited 2 weeks to see what Howerton did.

Why wouldn't more prestigious schools be utilizing the "gold standard" of recruiting to offer this kid a scholarship?

The statement was made "Maybe the coaches don't view him as a 4 star" it wasn't directly related to Pitt. My question was which teams "consistently" make the CFP. Teams with more two or three stars or teams with 3 and 4 stars Ranked by rivals
Let me answer this question….

* Of course, the teams that have the most 4–5-star players are the ones that usually compete for the playoffs.

* Not all 4–5-star players are destined for stardom. Other factors are involved as well. Work ethic, love for the game, coachability, are all factors. Coaches must decide whether they can develop them to fit their scheme.

* If you think that Pitt can compete year in year out with the likes of Alabama, Georgia, and Texas for 4-5-star recruits, then you’re smoking too much peyote. That’s just plain nonsense.

There are many more 3-star players than there are 4-star players. The trick is for the coaches to find which ones they can develop and play like a 4–5-star players. That's how schools like Pitt have a chance to compete.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Let me answer this question….

* Of course, the teams that have the most 4–5-star players are the ones that usually compete for the playoffs.

* Not all 4–5-star players are destined for stardom. Other factors are involved as well. Work ethic, love for the game, coachability, are all factors. Coaches must decide whether they can develop them to fit their scheme.

* If you think that Pitt can compete year in year out with the likes of Alabama, Georgia, and Texas for 4-5-star recruits, then you’re smoking too much peyote. That’s just plain nonsense.

There are many more 3-star players than there are 4-star players. The trick is for the coaches to find which ones they can develop and play like a 4–5-star players. That's how schools like Pitt have a chance to compete.
Not once did I say Pitt will compete with Alabama and Georgia. However, what I do expect his for this staff to close better when we do have 4stars on the hook.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Recruiting drives us all pretty nuts. I would love to get more four stars, but, it's clear it just ain't gonna happen here. There is a reason we only get like 1 out of 10 that we make it into their final 5. I think it is disappointing that we can't complete the final part of landing the actual commitment. Having said that, Duzz is getting solid 3 stars and developing them well. The strengths of this program are the stability, depth, and family atmosphere that the Duzz has built. That is enough for me for now.

You are so full of shit. You won't answer the questions. Alabama only looks at top ranked kids. 9 times out of 10 Rivals has them ranked above your beloved coach Narduzzi. The fact of the matter is. Teams with higher rated Rival ranked kids are typically in the CFP. You are delusional if you think coaches are not concerned about were their recruits rank. They know that higher ranked kids tend to lead to better results. Your coach, who you cannot find any fault with, cannot close on the high end recruits. Everyone on this board knows I am not a Narduzzi guy thats why I refer to him has "your coach"

You've asked questions twice and I answered them both times. I asked you questions twice and you refused to answer both times. I think it's pretty easy to see here what's going on.

Alabama doesn't look at kids because they are highly rated. Alabama looks at kids because their coaches, especially the head guy, think those guys can help them win. If there is someone that is highly rated that they don't think can help them win they will not recruit that guy. Whether he's a four star or a five star or any other rating. If there is someone that is not as highly rated that they think will help them win they recruit the kid, they don't say "well we think he'd help us win games, but Rivals doesn't have the guy highly rated so we aren't going to recruit him".

You'd have to be an idiot to think that is the way that they, or any other top program, recruits, and yet that's the upshot of your position.

College coaches do not recruit off the recruiting rankings, they recruit off their own evaluation of the player. Obviously so. To everyone except a couple not so bright people.

For now. Pitt

Again, he’s a 4 star on the gold standard of HS recruiting, and a site hundreds of people pay to get content. 247 is almost as bad as on3. And the truth is, the staff should have slow played the German kid who probably sucks, and waited 2 weeks to see what Howerton did.
He's also listed as an OT, and there's absolutely no chance he ever steps on the field as an OT. The German kid would run circles around him. I'll take the guy with the feet any day, and I"ll take the opinion of Borbley and Duzz over you or Rivals.

You and another poster have moved goalposts towards CFP, Alabama, and Georgia regarding rankings.... I think it's hilarious because nobody sniffing the CFP is recruiting this guy. He's the same guy we have 5 of committed already.

Alabama only looks at top ranked kids
Really??? So what was Christian Barmore (2 star) rated when Bama offered him? If it wasn't for Tray Scott, Bama wouldn't even have looked at the kid. It didn't matter if he was a 5 star or a 2 star. It was the fact that one of Kirby's guy went into Philly to offer him.
You are delusional if you think coaches are not concerned about were their recruits rank.
Some do for perception.. Others do not. Do you think NFL teams care what their draft grade is? Especially when it comes from some blogger who probably has never played much less coached the sport?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT