ADVERTISEMENT

Requisite Robert Foster post

Burned Penn Hills’ Barry Church on the play.

Not that he even resembles a good QB right now, but Allen is a massive upgrade from Nate Peterman.

Reactions: h2p_5150

I mentioned this last week, but they run that same fly pattern to him at least once or twice every game.

He is open literally every time, but there’s only been a couple completions. Early in the season one went right through his hands and hit him in the helmet.

His other catch today was a tough one in traffic and Church nearly knocked his head off.

Bring back the Script. We need an on-campus stadium. Stalling was a terrible hire. There...
Now we don't need to start yet another post on any these, just like we didn't need a Foster post. But good luck to the local player who is getting an NFL pay check.

That's because Jalen Hurts only threw to Calvin Ridley. Now Hurts is on the bench because Tua knows how to read defenses and get other receivers involved.

I think this is right. Hurts sucks as a throwing QB. Foster got jobbed because of it.

All right, someone had to bump this thread and take the requisite abuse.

Another big day for Foster, caught the winning TD pass and seems to have established a nice rapport with Allen.

I was not surprised that Foster made an NFL roster, but figured he would be little more than a special teams guy. I did not expect him to be stringing together 100 yard games and getting this kind of attention.

He went to bama, didn’t play a lick, still got noticed by nfl scouts, still making a living playing pro ball.

Got to go to bama, get NC rings, play at elite program, got passed over and still is in nfl.

Really blows the theory of going to a school like pitt to get a chance to make the nfl out of the water. Maybe his dad DID make the right decision.

Reactions: h2p_5150
Fine... i'll be the one to say it. Looks like dad was right all along...
#1. Get Money
#2. Get Money
#3. Get Money by saying F you to the hometown team and go to an NFL Factory.
Yea. I wish he would've went to Pitt, Jeter too, Pryor even more, wasn't personally disappoint by Wade, really wanted Miles

Hope he makes a nice living and does positive things for people in the cities he plays for and also gives back to Pittsburgh area as well.

PS. Thanks mom for liking Pitt. Enjoy your new house, cars, and whatever else you can think of to buy (as a Pitt fan you deserve it).

He went to bama, didn’t play a lick, still got noticed by nfl scouts, still making a living playing pro ball.

Got to go to bama, get NC rings, play at elite program, got passed over and still is in nfl.

Really blows the theory of going to a school like pitt to get a chance to make the nfl out of the water. Maybe his dad DID make the right decision.

For the 1000th time Foster had plenty of playing time at Alabama, when healthy he was on the field almost every play. He just didn’t do shit while he was on the field.

I swear you people repeat this mantra about him not playing so often that it will somehow make it true. It’s not, him not seeing the field much at Alabama is a total myth.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
For the 1000th time Foster had plenty of playing time at Alabama, when healthy he was on the field almost every play. He just didn’t do shit while he was on the field.

I swear you people repeat this mantra about him not playing so often that it will somehow make it true. It’s not, him not seeing the field much at Alabama is a total myth.
Ok, he played at Bana and didn’t do squat. Now he’s in nfl, producing. My point remains, nfl scouts will find talent. You don’t need to play and put up big numbers in college to play in nfl. .

Too bad he didn't fail. No genuine Pitt fan should be rooting for him, or any guy who spurned us in a highly publicized manner.

No genuine human being should be rooting against a kid who worked his ass off to succeed at something and hasn't hurt anybody in the process. Let's unpack this mentality for a moment - you want the guy to fail because he chose Alabama over Pitt. How out of touch does one have to be with reality to think that was a poor decision? He's in the NFL, averaging 24 yards per catch. If he keeps his head on straight, he could be looking at a 10 year career.

Again, he chose Alabama over Pitt. Not Penn State. Not WVU. Not a historical rival. Alabama. Even if he chose one of those schools, it'd be petty to root against him in the NFL, but at least I could understand the pathos behind that. I don't understand how you think your attitude is even remotely healthy or reasonable, though. He made a decision that worked out for him. It may not have been the decision that you or I wanted, but your post is such a bad look. It's embarrassing, frankly, and as small-time as one can get.

Reactions: lilspainishflea
Ok, he played at Bana and didn’t do squat. Now he’s in nfl, producing. My point remains, nfl scouts will find talent. You don’t need to play and put up big numbers in college to play in nfl. .

Fair enough. I’ve always said that it’s amazing that a guy played as much as he did and put up such lowly numbers. I don’t get how he always seemed to be covered at Alabama, yet this year in the NFL he always looks open.

Foster is good when he has a real QB throwing to him. Jalen Hurts couldn't throw downfield.

No genuine human being should be rooting against a kid who worked his ass off to succeed at something and hasn't hurt anybody in the process. Let's unpack this mentality for a moment - you want the guy to fail because he chose Alabama over Pitt. How out of touch does one have to be with reality to think that was a poor decision? He's in the NFL, averaging 24 yards per catch. If he keeps his head on straight, he could be looking at a 10 year career.

Again, he chose Alabama over Pitt. Not Penn State. Not WVU. Not a historical rival. Alabama. Even if he chose one of those schools, it'd be petty to root against him in the NFL, but at least I could understand the pathos behind that. I don't understand how you think your attitude is even remotely healthy or reasonable, though. He made a decision that worked out for him. It may not have been the decision that you or I wanted, but your post is such a bad look. It's embarrassing, frankly, and as small-time as one can get.
I’ve openly and actively rooted against a kid for them choosing another school then pitt. Not Foster, but many others. I actually respected Foster, if not pitt then go far away so you are out of sight and mind (aka not psu, wvu or tosu).

I love the Steelers and I still root for Jesse James to be de-capitated on the football field. But we all know, I’m far from being a genuine human being. I disgust myself on a daily basis.

Reactions: CaptainMurphy
Fair enough. I’ve always said that it’s amazing that a guy played as much as he did and put up such lowly numbers. I don’t get how he always seemed to be covered at Alabama, yet this year in the NFL he always looks open.

It's pretty crazy at first, but it starts to make sense the more you think about it.

1. Jake Allen is orders of magnitude better than Jalen Hurts or Jake Coker
2. Foster is the most physically talented receiver on the Bills' roster, which was never the case at Alabama
3. Injuries haven't been an issue

Foster started out well in 2015. Things might have been very different for him if he hadn't gotten injured in the third game of the season.

Reactions: BFo8
It's pretty crazy at first, but it starts to make sense the more you think about it.

1. Jake Allen is orders of magnitude better than Jalen Hurts or Jake Coker
2. Foster is the most physically talented receiver on the Bills' roster, which was never the case at Alabama
3. Injuries haven't been an issue

Foster started out well in 2015. Things might have been very different for him if he hadn't gotten injured in the third game of the season.

Playing with Hurts definitely didn’t help, he seemed to only look for Ridley.

Maybe it was only a case of him staying healthy enough to play. When I watch him this year he looks like he is the fastest guy on the field.

Great to see Foster playing and playing well. Credit to NFL teams that recognize athleticism and talent. It's amazing that Alabama doesn't even miss a playmaker like Foster. If he goes to a school where he starts right away, he probably plays, stars, and gets drafted pretty high.

Playing with Hurts definitely didn’t help, he seemed to only look for Ridley.

Maybe it was only a case of him staying healthy enough to play. When I watch him this year he looks like he is the fastest guy on the field.

If he wasn't looking for Ridley, he was looking for Howard. There were times that I was genuinely unsure if Hurts realized he had more than two targets. I think things would have been different if Foster didn't lose his sophomore year, though. Back to back TDs and respectable production in his first two games, then his shoulder goes. Brutal luck.

If he wasn't looking for Ridley, he was looking for Howard. There were times that I was genuinely unsure if Hurts realized he had more than two targets. I think things would have been different if Foster didn't lose his sophomore year, though. Back to back TDs and respectable production in his first two games, then his shoulder goes. Brutal luck.

I’m sure Saban didn’t keep starting him every time he was healthy for no good reason. Especially with the way Alabama recruits you’d assume he would just get shuffled out of the rotation but that didn’t happen.

Reactions: below0w
I don’t get the hate for the young man. Yes he spurned Pitt and I don’t root for him but I don’t understand ripping him or rooting against him

On the other hand, I don’t get the love either. He spurned Pitt in a very public way when everybody and their dog predicted he was going to Pitt but at the last minute, daddy got his Escalade and Foster goes to Alabama.

I don’t have to root for him because he’s from the WPIAL. But I agree that rooting against him is shallow as well. To me, he’s like any other player who didn’t go to Pitt and or not on the Steeler’s roster - He’s a nonentity.

If Chase Winovich is not drafted by the Steelers, then he will fall in the same category with Foster...

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT