All Conference
Nov 24, 2004
Thanksgiving is usually one of my favorite times to watch college football
Seems like a dearth of big games.

Virginia Tech @Virginia
Ohio State @Michigan
Alabama @ Auburn

Doesn't seem like there are that many big matchups
Maybe a few upsets will spice it up - but going in looks weak.

Virginia Tech @Virginia
Ohio State @Michigan
Alabama @ Auburn

I wished they'd still play college games on Thanksgiving.

Virginia Tech @Virginia
Ohio State @Michigan
Alabama @ Auburn

LOL....I saw yesterday CBS advertising that big Arkansas and Missouri game. Wow. I'd rather watch a MASH rerun for the 10000th time that matchup.

This entire season has been a giant disappointment. Feels like the entire SEC plays Western Carolina every week while the entire B1G plays Rutgers every week. Do they even play football out west anymore?

Reactions: PittPanthers90
Conference realignments broke up many traditional rivalries & It takes time to build new ones up!

you can't replace things like Pitt-PSU. Before game, Pitt-PSU fans co-mingling at tailgates. After the game players & band kids taking selfies with each other. It happens organically. Even after the famous 45-44 fiasco, the river city rivalry means absolutely nothing to me.

Virginia Tech @Virginia
Ohio State @Michigan
Alabama @ Auburn

Feels like Wisconsin and Minnesota are playing a game with some significance. More than Michigan and Ohio State. Also a rivalry.
Cincy and Memphis is a "big" game with two "ranked" teams, I guess.

Bono beat Hoffmann (Montoursville) 10-5. They said Hoffmann was a 3-time state championship. I don’t remember that. Anyway, he never learned defense. Taken down 4 times by Bono.

Final score 23-12. Pitt won 4 bouts, but no bonus points. TOSU won 6 matches with 5 bonus points.

To me, tOSU isn’t really a national contender. Too many holes in that lineup: 123, 157, 165, 184. Not real strong at 174 either. But, they do have 3 potential NCAA champions in Pletcher, Sasso and Moore.

Feels like Wisconsin and Minnesota are playing a game with some significance. More than Michigan and Ohio State. Also a rivalry.
Cincy and Memphis is a "big" game with two "ranked" teams, I guess.

I will be at Cincy vs Memphis, should be a fun game

you can't replace things like Pitt-PSU. Before game, Pitt-PSU fans co-mingling at tailgates. After the game players & band kids taking selfies with each other. It happens organically. Even after the famous 45-44 fiasco, the river city rivalry means absolutely nothing to me.
Oh how I miss that day after Thanksgiving game. So much talent on the field back in those days. I know nothing lasts forever but that was a great era in Pa football.

Virginia Tech @Virginia
Ohio State @Michigan
Alabama @ Auburn

We don't have a rivalry week anymore! We have ACC money and a game against BC.

And remember Pitt also had the Brawl, while not as big as PSU back in the day, that was TWO, not one, organic intense rivalries GONE.

Virginia Tech @Virginia
Ohio State @Michigan
Alabama @ Auburn

There are still some nice rivalries in the Pac 10 or 12 or whatever it is now. Wash-Wash State
Oregon-Oregon State-Arizona-ASU.
Not sure if USC-UCLA already played or play this weekend.

These games don't matter much to me but they matter to those fans.

Reactions: sonofabit
There are still some nice rivalries in the Pac 10 or 12 or whatever it is now. Wash-Wash State
Oregon-Oregon State-Arizona-ASU.
Not sure if USC-UCLA already played or play this weekend.

These games don't matter much to me but they matter to those fans.
Yeah the City game was this past weekend in LA. Lots of young talent on both teams. Oregon game was good viewing at ASU. And what's wrong with the three games the OP listed? Still good games if you enjoy college football.

There are some decent games this week, but overall you could say most weeks this year have had a weak slate of games. Not very many good games this year either. Too many super strong teams, a lot of mediocre teams. As already mentioned, conference realignment took away a lot of good rivalry games and even Pitt without finishing the year with a Penn State or the Backyard Brawl feels like a letdown.

Reactions: Pitt79
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT