ADVERTISEMENT

Robert Softer

Saboteur

All Conference
Jan 15, 2015
Many places. but not all
Before he jogged on his 2 yard drag route on 4th and 3 and showed no fight after he caught the pass, I watched him on the series.
The guy might be a physical specimen, but he is not a football player. He simply stood with his feet planted on the 3rd down fumble. Didn't move.
On 2nd down with the pass play away from him he ran five yards and hugged the dback.
I take it back. We didn't need him.
He is soft.

He wouldn't have suddenly become a good wr here he isn't as good as weah for sure and probably no better than most of Pitts wr

He played lazy in HS too. It would have been worse here since more pressure would be on him.

He better make sure he gets his degree.

Reactions: Saboteur
Before he jogged on his 2 yard drag route on 4th and 3 and showed no fight after he caught the pass, I watched him on the series.
The guy might be a physical specimen, but he is not a football player. He simply stood with his feet planted on the 3rd down fumble. Didn't move.
On 2nd down with the pass play away from him he ran five yards and hugged the dback.
I take it back. We didn't need him.
He is soft.

I was interesting the shot of him on the sidelines after he failed to get the first down, talking on the phone to the coaches upstairs. Griese made the comment, you got to run your route past the 1st down line son.

Reactions: Saboteur
Have you actually looked at his numbers over 4 years? They wouldn't make a good poker hand.

I know what they are, he probably has the least amount of receptions for any guy in the country that’s seen that many snaps.

However he is still a 3 year starter at Alabama for some reason, I’m sure Saban isn’t playing him out of charity. I assume he’s one of these guys that looks great in practice that just able to do it in the actual games.

Ummm.....because he's much better than Weah
And that’s based on what, exactly? Certainly not statistical production or any empirical data.

That play he failed to make tonight was disgraceful. First he ran his route in front of the sticks, then he didn’t have the wherewithal to simply get north across the line to gain as soon as he received the ball. That mental midgetry at a critical moment went a long way toward costing his team a chance to win. I’m sure Saban wanted to rip his throat out after that.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
I know what they are, he probably has the least amount of receptions for any guy in the country that’s seen that many snaps.

However he is still a 3 year starter at Alabama for some reason, I’m sure Saban isn’t playing him out of charity. I assume he’s one of these guys that looks great in practice that just able to do it in the actual games.
I think you added an unnecessary consonant.

It is noted below:

However he is still a 3 year starter at Alabama for some reason, I’m sure Saban isn’t p(l)aying him out of charity. I assume he’s one of these guys that looks great in practice that just able to do it in the actual games.

I was interesting the shot of him on the sidelines after he failed to get the first down, talking on the phone to the coaches upstairs. Griese made the comment, you got to run your route past the 1st down line son.
When you have to tell a senior how to play the game in the last regular season game against your arch rival for a shot at the national title, you're talking to someone you wasted your time on.
That's my opinion at least.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT