ADVERTISEMENT

Bart Article

Dec 20, 2019
Noah Hiles 🤪, trust me I'm not a fan of his, wrote an article on Bartholomew and his father's experience deciding on whether to stay at Pitt. Basically the same thing that happened with Addison happened with him, and probably a bunch of other guys. Point here is Duzz didn't say a word and "played the game" which to me indicates he has accepted that this is the new NIL world we are living in. It says he was told he could make A Lot to enter the portal and go to various schools. It attempts to be a feel good story but to me it helps demonstrate what these coaches are up against. It's hard to turn down that type of cash when you're a broke college kid. I hate what college ball has become. I don't see a path to them putting a lid on it either.

Last edited:
Noah Hiles 🤪, trust me I'm not a fan of his, wrote an article on Bartholomew and his father's experience deciding on whether to stay at Pitt. Basically the same thing that happened with Addison happened with him, and probably a bunch of other guys. Point here is Duzz didn't say a word and "played the game" which to me indicates he has accepted that this is the new NIL world we are living in. It says knew was told he could make A Lot to enter the portal and go to various schools. It attempts to be a feel good story but to me it helps demonstrate what these coaches are up against. It's hard to turn down that type of cash when you're a broke college kid. I hate what college ball has become. I don't see a path to them putting a lid on it either.
I took my daughter back to Pitt last week and later went out for a beer. I ran into a Pitt football dad whose son transferred in (I won’t say who or when he transferred) and we started talking about NIL and how it’s now part of the recruiting process during visits. You meet coaches, players, see the facilities, etc, then have the “talk”.

He did say Narduzzi really wasn’t the guy who dealt with that, but it cannot be avoided anymore or the school has no chance to get any players. You can’t just sit back and hope no player brings it up. This player did it himself, but many top players have “representation” to handle it.

If I hit Powerball, I'll be Mr NIL.

Seriously, though, can you set up an endowment for NIL?

I took my daughter back to Pitt last week and later went out for a beer. I ran into a Pitt football dad whose son transferred in (I won’t say who or when he transferred) and we started talking about NIL and how it’s now part of the recruiting process during visits. You meet coaches, players, see the facilities, etc, then have the “talk”.

He did say Narduzzi really wasn’t the guy who dealt with that, but it cannot be avoided anymore or the school has no chance to get any players. You can’t just sit back and hope no player brings it up. This player did it himself, but many top players have “representation” to handle it.
That's crazy man. It's the wild west. These kids don't have binding contract offers most times and don't get nearly as much as they're promised. It's such a dirty game right now. Hopefully Pitt has a reputable collective running things.

Certainly glad he's back, but I'd love to see him stay healthy and actually catch most of what's thrown his way first before getting too giddy. It feels like he's still living off of a handful of splashy plays during that magic season.

• Haha
Reactions: Pitt8189
Bart openly says "my agent" multiple times. I wonder how many of these guys have agents? It's got to be a growing business
There are A LOT that have them now. They aren’t always like a Drew Rosenhaus, but rep firms that handle this stuff.

Noah Hiles 🤪, trust me I'm not a fan of his, wrote an article on Bartholomew and his father's experience deciding on whether to stay at Pitt. Basically the same thing that happened with Addison happened with him, and probably a bunch of other guys. Point here is Duzz didn't say a word and "played the game" which to me indicates he has accepted that this is the new NIL world we are living in. It says knew was told he could make A Lot to enter the portal and go to various schools. It attempts to be a feel good story but to me it helps demonstrate what these coaches are up against. It's hard to turn down that type of cash when you're a broke college kid. I hate what college ball has become. I don't see a path to them putting a lid on it either.

I would have let him walk. We need to save up for Meleek Thomas.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT