ADVERTISEMENT

Rooting guide for 3/10

We need Illinois over Iowa
Iowa and Drake losing today help Pitt the most those are the ones that impact Pitt the most. I don’t see how Drake gets an at large bid over a team like Pitt if they don’t win the MVC championship today.

Oh whoops lol. Go Sycamores.

Are we sure its better that Indiana State wins? Here's their profiles if each lose today (with current NETs)

26 Indiana State
Q1 1-4
Q2 4-1
Q3 10-0
Q4 12-1
Road 9-4

47 Drake
Q1 3-2
Q2 3-3
Q3 9-2
Q4 11-0
Road 6-5

Indiana State would be 1-2 vs Drake and wouldn't have another win vs anyone else in the field.

Drake would be 1-2 vs Indiana State but has a win over Nevada.

Are we sure its better that Indiana State wins? Here's their profiles if each lose today (with current NETs)

26 Indiana State
Q1 1-4
Q2 4-1
Q3 10-0
Q4 12-1
Road 9-4

47 Drake
Q1 3-2
Q2 3-3
Q3 9-2
Q4 11-0
Road 6-5

Indiana State would be 1-2 vs Drake and wouldn't have another win vs anyone else in the field.

Drake would be 1-2 vs Indiana State but has a win over Nevada.
Very few mock brackets have 2 MVC teams in. This is a play in game.

Reactions: BFo8
Appeared that Drake is ahead of us on bracketology. But the point still remains, go Indiana State (down by 16). Can’t miss their 3’s. I’m sure Lunardi is OVC > ACC.

Indiana State gonna be a team to keep an eye on now if they lose this game in relation to Pitt and the bubble which it’s looking like is gonna happen.

Drake has a better resume aside from Net. Indiana state with one quad 1 win and a quad 4 loss. Drake has 3 quad 1 wins.

Maybe. But I don't even see Indiana State on any Last Four Byes lists. They seem safely in, which kind of sucks. I guess losing huge would be the second-best thing to them winning, but still. Plus they seem to be closing the gap now anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Maybe. But I don't even see Indiana State on any Last Four Byes lists. They seem safely in, which kind of sucks. I guess losing huge would be the second-best thing to them winning, but still. Plus they seem to be closing the gap now anyway.
Because they were AQ. Drake was in second place. They won’t make it if not for AQ.

Bid stolen.
Why should Indiana St get rewarded for beating nobody? They got blasted by Alabama, lost to Michigan St by 12, lost to Drake by 11, and were getting blown out most of today’s game. They need to schedule better in the non conference if they want a chance.

Reactions: buckage
Why should Indiana St get rewarded for beating nobody? They got blasted by Alabama, lost to Michigan St by 12, lost to Drake by 11, and were getting blown out most of today’s game. They need to schedule better in the non conference if they want a chance.

I guess the 37 or better NET thing will be put to the test, because I can't see them dropping too far after a close Q1 loss. Or did that stat only apply to power conference teams?

That's no way to talk about Larry Bird.

Robbie_Avila.jpg

Nice tweet Steve, now run it again with 27 teams win teams because one of theirs doesn't count as it was a non-D1 win.

Here's Indiana State's resume:

1-4 in Q1
1 Q4 loss

Best wins
47 Drake
@ 59 Bradley
59 Bradley
@ 108 Northern Iowa
@ 118 Belmont

SOS is like 140. I think they'll get in but they shouldn't.

They have 1 Q1 win and its at Bradley who isnt even projected to make the NIT
I don’t feel confident at all that Pitt will make it, but I feel VERY confident they won’t.

Nova has played like 24 games against Q1-2 teams…you can’t even compare the schedules against someone like ISU.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT