ADVERTISEMENT

Ryan Shazier

ironic the two guys with the most controversial hits in that playoff game two years ago on the same field were carted off the field

Not when I was there but it was creepy walking down that long hallway and the bastards don't close the doors while they do their thing.

Oh! In autopsy, yea. Autopsy doesn’t bother me until they remove and dissect the stomach and large bowel, the smell is overwhelming

Not when I was there but it was creepy walking down that long hallway and the bastards don't close the doors while they do their thing.

Oh! In autopsy, yea. Autopsy doesn’t bother me until they remove and dissect the stomach and large bowel

I was in IT, I didn't usually work down on the bowels there. But one day a funeral home guy was there and security was coming down the hall.
So he asked me could I help him lift the body into the funeral home stretcher. Well before I could even answer he starts picking up the body, you know there's not much to those bags.
Damn body breaks through, dude holding it screaming for help. I was like f this, I draw the line at actually touching the dead body.
Luckily the security guy wasn't too far down that long ass hallway.

I was in IT, I didn't usually work down on the bowels there. But one day a funeral home guy was there and security was coming down the hall.
So he asked me could I help him lift the body into the funeral home stretcher. Well before I could even answer he starts picking up the body, you know there's not much to those bags.
Damn body breaks through, dude holding it screaming for help. I was like f this, I draw the line at actually touching the dead body.
Luckily the security guy wasn't too far down that long ass hallway.

Lol!!! That’s an awesome story. I remember the security guy complaining that computer by the morgue had a virus and was super slow. Those bags are super flimsy for a multi-billion dollar company

Reactions: Jtommyj
Spinal stabilization surgery for Shazier. Hopefully it goes well and he can be on the road to recovery. Hope his football career isn't over but that is secondary here.

Spinal stabilization surgery for Shazier. Hopefully it goes well and he can be on the road to recovery. Hope his football career isn't over but that is secondary here.
I would hope he is smart enough to never play football again.

It would not require a second spinal stabilization surgery for me to figure that one out.

I do pray for a full recovery for him to be able to make that decision.

I would hope he is smart enough to never play football again.

It would not require a second spinal stabilization surgery for me to figure that one out.

I do pray for a full recovery for him to be able to make that decision.

I'm guessing you are not a doctor and even if you are you have not examined the patient but did stay at a holiday inn express last night....

If his post surgery health after recovery puts him where he was before his injury why in the hell would he not play again?

I'm guessing you are not a doctor and even if you are you have not examined the patient but did stay at a holiday inn express last night....

If his post surgery health after recovery puts him where he was before his injury why in the hell would he not play again?

Does anybody really need to answer this question?

Not a doctor either, but I think that IF involves a far-fetched scenario.

You’re obviously not in the medical field either. He had a serious compression injury requiring spinal surgery. Fortunately he was not paralyzed. Playing linebacker in the NFL is probably about as much stress and compression a human being can exert on his spinal column. He’d be nuts to play again.

Jermichael Finley of GB had a spinal injury (no clue if even similiar) and had surgery. He was cleared to play 6 months later but never signed with anyone.

this was going to happen sooner or later when you regularly tackle with your head

I'm actually surprised it doesn't happen more often TBH.

With the speed of those guys, sometimes the head even gets involved accidentally like attempting to duck a tackle or a player trying to make a tackle and the ball carrier lowers his head and lowers the boom.

You’re obviously not in the medical field either. He had a serious compression injury requiring spinal surgery. Fortunately he was not paralyzed. Playing linebacker in the NFL is probably about as much stress and compression a human being can exert on his spinal column. He’d be nuts to play again.
thanks Welby, good thing you diagnosed the rest of his life three days out with no information other than he is having spinal surgery. Now, I myself will wait for a physician's report.

At this point, I’m praying to see him walk on the sidelines to support his guys. Obviously, that would become a big subplot if the team makes a run.

But too soon to be even thinking of that.

Let’s say it’s the best case scenario and he heals completely. I hope people don’t get on him if he decides not to play.

He really does seem like a good dude. I’ve seen multiple stories of him going out of his way for kids, etc. This community would certainly embrace him forever, and the hope would be he finds his post-football purpose.

The correct answer is common sense.

Unfortunately his playing days are over.

thanks Welby, good thing you diagnosed the rest of his life three days out with no information other than he is having spinal surgery. Now, I myself will wait for a physician's report.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT