ADVERTISEMENT

S&C Coach Dave Andrews

Haven't seen anything announced, so call it what you want.

Upside: Article in the Fall about how much a difference the new guy's methods have made after the team bought in.

As many stoppages into he game we had for pitt players on the turf this past year I really dont mind this at all. Too many players going down after plays with god knows what but that reflects the conditioning and stretching that that coach put in place. Wish him well but hopefully we improvement in player health quality.

Interesting... who leaves Pittsburgh for Ames Iowa? Seems to be an odd move if he left on his own.
You are a wise man my friend...

If Narduzzi wanted to retain him, I’m sure Heather would have come up with the money... No, I don’t think he’s leaving by his own free will...

Reactions: brickfhouse
I'm sure Dave is a great guy.

But if I didnt know who he was I would cross the street.

He's one badass looking dude

Time to get with the times and get a S&C coach who understands how to chemically enhance his players. PSU made the change

Just saw that on twitter.....bummer. I really think he does a good job and going to ISU is a strange location.

Players seem quite disappointed on Twitter, saying great things about him. So either we lost a coach that we wanted to keep to Iowa friggin State, or Narduzzi ran off a coach that his players seem to love. Either way, not a good look.

Branch Rickey from my files. We won seven games with ya. We can win seven without ya. Time for a difference maker. Seems Pitt has a couple difference makers recruiting the trails. Only follows Pitt gets someone to feed and train them.

The players really like and respect him.
True with most teams. Players are with this "father" figure more than anyone else during the entire school year. So yeah, he's everyone's favorite. Young boys actually believe one man changed them into grown men and that bond remains forever for most young athletes. But few realize a body and mind will grow regardless. Not dissing anyone or thing but the bottom line is he can be replaced without any drop off in the D Line's production this coming year. Pitt's nutritionist has some radical ideas in enhancing performance that goes away from mainstream training. She's just as responsible for supple joints, etc.

Reactions: caleco's
I’ll tell you what else is “not a good look” is making decisions based on the emotions of a bunch of kids on Twitter.

We don’t know what goes on behind the scenes that force decisions to be made. People change jobs for different reasons all the time.

I remember the kids and alumni being upset when the Equipment Manager got canned, but we survived...

True with most teams. Players are with this "father" figure more than anyone else during the entire school year. So yeah, he's everyone's favorite. Young boys actually believe one man changed them into grown men and that bond remains forever for most young athletes. But few realize a body and mind will grow regardless. Not dissing anyone or thing but the bottom line is he can be replaced without any drop off in the D Line's production this coming year. Pitt's nutritionist has some radical ideas in enhancing performance that goes away from mainstream training. She's just as responsible for supple joints, etc.

usually, but not always. No one was sorry to see Mike Kent go.

Players seem quite disappointed on Twitter, saying great things about him. So either we lost a coach that we wanted to keep to Iowa friggin State, or Narduzzi ran off a coach that his players seem to love. Either way, not a good look.

Projecting much ???

Players can love a guy and there could be still good reasons to make a change.

No one knows the story here but some of you fatalistic "fans" always want to assume the worst

As many stoppages into he game we had for pitt players on the turf this past year I really dont mind this at all. Too many players going down after plays with god knows what but that reflects the conditioning and stretching that that coach put in place. Wish him well but hopefully we improvement in player health quality.
I always am skeptical of guys with great reps whose players suck.

Well our Oline seemed weak got pushed around alot and couldn't get that push needed for a yard.The strength coach at fault who knows ? Could be he got the most out of what he had to work with.I do know Buddy got some serious results when he was here

Here is Narduzzi's statement concerning Andrews departure:

“We have begun the search for our next great strength and conditioning coach, who will get to work with a tremendous group of players ready to make this our best offseason ever. Already, we have received nationwide interest from some outstanding candidates. We are always looking to raise the level of our program and this hire presents that opportunity.”

I thought those two remarks were telling.... Translation: "I'm not satisfied with our off season conditioning and for us to get better as a program, we need to make a change to meet that goal"

Reactions: sonofabit
Narduzzi and Andrews are tight. He's his handler on the sidelines. I think this is just a case of a guy looking for a raise and scenery change.

Reactions: Elsalvador

She needs to get them on the SARMs not currently being tested during randoms

Usually when the head coach forces someone to leave, they already have the replacement picked and ready to go. We'll see how long it takes to announce the successor.

Definitely guessing he got a major pay raise to go to ISU. I hope this is the case and I don't feel it's anything negative towards Pitt/Narduzzi. I know Alan Saunders tweeted that it wasn't because of they money, but not sure what else it could be. I hope Duzz hires a new guy, relatively soon, maybe at the coaches convention or he may just promote someone. I think he'll go outside for the hire.

The players really like and respect him.

name one SC coach players don’t like

these guys spend quite a bit of their time with the players throughout the season so they develop a strong relationship.

I’m sure this guy was good but it’s not like he’s not replaceable

Reactions: Saboteur and BFo8
name one SC coach players don’t like

these guys spend quite a bit of their time with the players throughout the season so they develop a strong relationship.

I’m sure this guy was good but it’s not like he’s not replaceable

i did. Mike Kent. No one cared when he left.

Do people ever stop to think that maybe he just wanted a change of scenery? I know, Iowa State but some people just don't like staying in one place for extended periods. Without any evidence of a major problem, it's ridiculous to assume that there was some big blowup that caused him to go. Most coaches move around a lot.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
ADVERTISEMENT