ADVERTISEMENT

San Diego State getting it's own stadium

He thinks Pitt is going to drop the football program within 5 years. That is one of the dumbest things that has been posted on here. Pitt has a small, cheap fanbase. That is why we don’t spend more money.

I don't know who you are responding to as they are on ignore, but again, Pitt ranked 4th in the ACC in football spending, behind only Clemson, FSU and Miami, this while being towards the bottom of donations/revenue.

They care about winning football. Now we have had some poor choices and dubious decisions made that has hurt us. But there is a difference between caring and making dumb decisions.

Pitt just needs to soften their OOC schedule. We have done perfectly fine in the ACC play.

I haven't done any research on this ( mostly because I don't care enough), but a couple of questions off the top of my head.

When does the contract with the Steelers/ Heinz Field end?
Are people talking about building a stadium AND practice facilities all in one?

I imagine that it would be hard to keep the relationship with the Steelers if you build a new stadium.

It will probably take more than building a stadium and finding parking.
The Southside complex only exists because we leased the stadium. Otherwise, Pitt would have needed another $100 million over the Pete costs to fix Pitt Stadium, and we'd be playing hoops in the Paint Can.

Pitt is investing more money into athletics than ever before because of the ACC money and new ACC Network, but yet you think they are going to drop football in 5 years. You should seek help for your past concussions.

Some people are more about the aesthetics than winning. You invest in winning above anything else. Everything after that is a product of success.

Reactions: Zeldas Open Roof
I don't know who you are responding to as they are on ignore, but again, Pitt ranked 4th in the ACC in football spending, behind only Clemson, FSU and Miami, this while being towards the bottom of donations/revenue.

They care about winning football. Now we have had some poor choices and dubious decisions made that has hurt us. But there is a difference between caring and making dumb decisions.

Pitt just needs to soften their OOC schedule. We have done perfectly fine in the ACC play.
And like every other top tier program they need an empowered, enthusiastic booster group.

https://thedailyaztec.com/93419/news/university-announces-250-million-contract-for-new-stadium/

San Diego State
Houston
UAB
Tulane
Minnesota
Georgia State
South Alabama

Pitt, Miami, and UCLA will be the last 3 teams without their own stadium and Pitt and Miami will be the last 2 to share a stadium with an NFL team.
SDSU sized their stadium just right at 35,000. I know we'll never get a new stadium but while I'm in dream mode, I think a capacity of no more than 42,000 would be the right size for the Pitt program.

Reactions: PittFanDan17
SDSU sized their stadium just right at 35,000. I know we'll never get a new stadium but while I'm in dream mode, I think a capacity of no more than 42,000 would be the right size for the Pitt program.

About that, yea. Similar to BC or Rutgers before their wasteful expansion.

What about the area right behind the cost center? Where Unversity Prep High school is. I think that would be a great area to build a future “on campus” stadium. It’s just a walk down the street from the current athletic area.

It could also revitalize the area on the hill a bit. Just a thought. Not sure if anyone has said this already?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT