ADVERTISEMENT

Santos

pittbb80

Chancellor
Oct 9, 2004
Hes taken a lot of grief on this board but I think the kid is easy to root for.

Despite his difficulties shooting the ball, hes played exceptionally well in other areas (defense and rebounding). He actually is far better than Hinson in those other areas. (IMO)

And perhaps we are now seeing he start to gain confidence in his offensive game. Not just the three but also the drive to the hoop was something at least I havnt seen and was impressed with.

If he can continue to grow on the offensive side of the ball that will be huge for this year and beyond.

Hes another in a long line of kids that fans wanted to run off early in their careers (Lamar and Wann are two others)

Finally seems like a great kid based on his recent interview. Good to see him have some success

Hes taken a lot of grief on this board but I think the kid is easy to root for.

Despite his difficulties shooting the ball, hes played exceptionally well in other areas (defense and rebounding). He actually is far better than Hinson in those other areas. (IMO)

And perhaps we are now seeing he start to gain confidence in his offensive game. Not just the three but also the drive to the hoop was something at least I havnt seen and was impressed with.

If he can continue to grow on the offensive side of the ball that will be huge for this year and beyond.

Hes another in a long line of kids that fans wanted to run off early in their careers (Lamar and Wann are two others)

Finally seems like a great kid based on his recent interview. Good to see him have some success
I like the kid. When he finally hit that three last night I eagerly awaited his next attempt. Then he took it and missed everything. Still like him though.

I like the kid. When he finally hit that three last night I eagerly awaited his next attempt. Then he took it and missed everything. Still like him though.
Then he took his man to the hoop with a nice spin dribble and use of the left hand to lay it up and in. I liked that more than the 3 pointer. He's got good form so I suspect he's gonna start hitting them. To be able to score off the dribble makes him tougher to defend.

Then he took his man to the hoop with a nice spin dribble and use of the left hand to lay it up and in. I liked that more than the 3 pointer. He's got good form so I suspect he's gonna start hitting them. To be able to score off the dribble makes him tougher to defend.
Yep. That was a real sweet move. Looking forward to more from the kid.

Reactions: pittbb80
Agreed. The drive showed something missing from the depth players of recent years past. Not a starter, but definitely better depth than some of the bodies thrown out in the past. He also isn’t taking many shots so at least has that control. I’m also pleased that this team in general knows how to dunk and finish rather than the horrible close misses and unfinished chances of recent years.

I think his shooting issue is all mental. Obviously his form is good but he seems out of rhythm when he shoots.

With Elliott, Sibande, Cummings and Burton gone next year, Pitt will need him to find his 3 point stroke. If he can get to 35% from three he will really become valuable and could merit 20 mins a game next year.

Reactions: Millerton24
Capel's post game after Louisville said the same thing (as others have mentioned on threads before) that he doesn't miss in practice. I was happy to see him hit one the other night, really pulling for this kid to do well.

Reactions: TreesHero
We all hope he starts to
hit his shots. However if
he doesn't, he's at least
showing he can come on
the floor and affect the
game positively in other
areas. His D is good, he
rebounds, is physical, and
isn't afraid to mix it up
inside. He appears to be
playing with more cofidence.

Reactions: Pittisit4me
Reminds me of a Dixon era kid that finds something as he gets to be an upperclassmen. Maybe because he has a solid foundation with his hustle and defense.

Reactions: MajorMajors
Capel's post game after Louisville said the same thing (as others have mentioned on threads before) that he doesn't miss in practice. I was happy to see him hit one the other night, really pulling for this kid to do well.
I always thought you'd want to get kids like this every minute you could early hoping it eventually clicks for them. I thought maybe HCJC took this route with Jeffress, but William never quite became productive on offense. Maybe that is partly why Coach isn't maximizinging Santos' minutes. Plus the fact that he has way more options than he had 4 years ago.

I always thought you'd want to get kids like this every minute you could early hoping it eventually clicks for them. I thought maybe HCJC took this route with Jeffress, but William never quite became productive on offense. Maybe that is partly why Coach isn't maximizinging Santos' minutes. Plus the fact that he has way more options than he had 4 years ago.
Don’t give up on Wil yet , no one wants to miss a yr being injured , but he should come back stronger and has plenty of time to find his shot .

Nate looks like he could be a breakout player at done pt. The move he put on against Lou was a thing of beauty. If he starts hitting his shots look out.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT