ADVERTISEMENT

New lineup

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
New season starts Saturday with a get well game at Louisville. Win that, pull a big upset over Duke and then beat Syracuse and we are back somewhere in the vicinity of the bubble. But some things need to change. What are your lineup thoughts? Here's mine?

PG - Lowe 30 Carrington 10
SG - Carrington 22 Leggett 18
SF - Hinson 32 Leggett 8
PF - GDG 15 Jorge/Jeffress/Austin 25
C - Fede 25 GDG 15

- Double bigs to help rebounding

- Hinson guarded by a smaller player

- Lowe able to run the offense and Bub can concentrate on scoring

- Leggett as the Nike able to take advantage of that 1st sub when teams bring in weaker players

New season starts Saturday with a get well game at Louisville. Win that, pull a big upset over Duke and then beat Syracuse and we are back somewhere in the vicinity of the bubble. But some things need to change. What are your lineup thoughts? Here's mine?

PG - Lowe 30 Carrington 10
SG - Carrington 22 Leggett 18
SF - Hinson 32 Leggett 8
PF - GDG 15 Jorge/Jeffress/Austin 25
C - Fede 25 GDG 15

- Double bigs to help rebounding

- Hinson guarded by a smaller player

- Lowe able to run the offense and Bub can concentrate on scoring

- Leggett as the Nike able to take advantage of that 1st sub when teams bring in weaker players

I would like to see Jaland Lowe get the start against Louisville. I think his recent play has been good enough for him to have earned it. And with Louisville going into the game potentially down 4 players including 2 starters, this is a game we should take advantage of.

Reactions: jctrack
I would like to see Jaland Lowe get the start against Louisville. I think his recent play has been good enough for him to have earned it. And with Louisville going into the game potentially down 4 players including 2 starters, this is a game we should take advantage of.

What is going on with Louisville this time? They are really making Kevin Stallings look competent.

Lowe needs to develop quickly if this season will turn around. Last season Pitt lacked depth, but they made the tourney running their starters into the ground. I’m willing to bench Austin and JDG at this point. Run Hinson, Bub, Lowe, Gdg/Fede, Ish, and Jeffress for occasional D into the ground and hope they step up.

Last edited:
Is everyone considering Louisville an automatic win? I'm certainly not. They're playing teams a lot closer this year; they're bound to get a few wins, and I'm sure this is one they're circling. I give us a better chance of losing to Louisville than I do of beating Duke.

Pitt seems to take care of the quad 4s though. Oregon state just beat UsC by 16 as a 9 point dog though, so anything is possible. Pitt should be close to 10 pt favorite.

Is everyone considering Louisville an automatic win? I'm certainly not. They're playing teams a lot closer this year; they're bound to get a few wins, and I'm sure this is one they're circling. I give us a better chance of losing to Louisville than I do of beating Duke.

They can play close for awhile and do have a top-level guard in Sky Clark but they arent capable of beating any ACC team with 7 scholarship guys if that's all they have on Saturday. Not sure on the injuries. If you read the articles and tweets, the team is not capable of defending at all and runs 0 offense. So they need Clark to go for like 25

They can play close for awhile and do have a top-level guard in Sky Clark but they arent capable of beating any ACC team with 7 scholarship guys if that's all they have on Saturday. Not sure on the injuries. If you read the articles and tweets, the team is not capable of defending at all and runs 0 offense. So they need Clark to go for like 25

Yeah, I honestly know nothing about them other than having seen some final scores. They played Texas and Indiana tough at MSG and kept it respectable on the road at VT. I did watch a bit of the Kentucky game, and that was a throttling that was probably worse than the final indicates.

Yeah, I honestly know nothing about them other than having seen some final scores. They played Texas and Indiana tough at MSG and kept it respectable on the road at VT. I did watch a bit of the Kentucky game, and that was a throttling that was probably worse than the final indicates.

Its tricky because they do have some legit ACC level players but they are so poorly coached, it makes them almost impossible for them to win. I understand how people can be concerned because they do have some talent and you hate to rely on the opposing coach being so bad but he is. I dont think there is any question that he is the worst coach in P6 history.

What is going on with Louisville this time? They are really making Kevin Stallings look competent.

Tre White- Groin- Missed last game

JJ Traynor- Missed the last 4 games because of shoulder

Dennis Evans- Shoulder injury

Emmanuel Okafor- Ankle injury

White and Traynor are starters and double digit scorers. They are the number 2 and 4 scorers on the team.

Its tricky because they do have some legit ACC level players but they are so poorly coached, it makes them almost impossible for them to win. I understand how people can be concerned because they do have some talent and you hate to rely on the opposing coach being so bad but he is. I dont think there is any question that he is the worst coach in P6 history.

I just think of some early Capel games, like Tre McGowens going off against Florida State... in conjunction with us not being very well-coached, either.

Tre White- Groin- Missed last game

JJ Traynor- Missed the last 4 games because of shoulder

Dennis Evans- Shoulder injury

Emmanuel Okafor- Ankle injury

White and Traynor are starters and double digit scorers. They are the number 2 and 4 scorers on the team.
Wow, guess I can take a W on Kenny Payne tournament like SMF did with WVU because of this!

If we shoot the way we have over the last couple games we can lose to anyone. We missed tons of open shots, so even if they don't defend well, we proved we can still lay bricks.

Another W for SMF

Well, Leggett was out. But I do think Lowe has to start and play more. The team needs to use last year's model more. That worked.

Lowe is Nelly
Bub is Burton
Hinson is Hinson
GDG is Fede
We dont have an Elliott though Austin looks like that vs really low level P6 teams (Lou, ORST)

Leggett is Nike

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT