ADVERTISEMENT

Scholarship situation?

Pitt2006

Sophomore
Jun 19, 2018
So with Cummings and Ndiaye where does that leave Pitt for more recruiting. Hinson and Hueitt will be gone. Diors ship remains free. So one more pending no transfers?

Potentially Returning:
Fede
GDG
JDG
Austin
Leggett
Kante
Barnes
Lowe
Carrington
Jeffress

Reactions: MVPitt
Current scholarship players, and how many years they have remaining after 2023-24:

Hinson - 0
Kante - 4
Leggett - 1
Carrington - 3
Hueitt - 0
Barnes - 3
Lowe - 3
Jeffress - 2
G Diaz Graham - 2
J Diaz Graham - 2
Federiko - 1
Austin - 1
OPEN

pitchagg is on target. 1 open for next year. But we all know that can change and probably will.

2024-2025 (Scholarships Available: 1)

Seniors:
Zack Austin, Will Jeffress (RS), Fede Federiko, Ishmael Leggett

Juniors: Jorge Diaz Graham, Guillermo Diaz Graham

Sophomores: Marlon Barnes, Carlton Carrington, Jaland Lowe,

Freshmen: Brandin Cummings, Papa Kante (RS), Amdy Ndiaye

There will be 2-4 transfers. That’s business in college hoops

I think that forecast in general is going to depend on how many guys actually get approved immediately under 2nd transfer approval without sitting.

So far, everyone in the ACC looking for a 2nd waiver transfer that I know of has been shut down to get one. And that includes 2 on West Virginia's team. And all these preseason rankings and forecasts can get thrown out if some of these teams don't get the guys they want to play.

If the NCAA continues to play hard ball on this, we may be seeing significantly less guys in the transfer portal in the future after players complete their 1 transfer in college.

Observation: If no bigs leave Pitt roster next year would have 5 players 6-10 and taller. Has s Pitt ever had that many at the same time?

Last edited:
I think that forecast in general is going to depend on how many guys actually get approved immediately under 2nd transfer approval without sitting.

So far, everyone in the ACC looking for a 2nd waiver transfer that I know of has been shut down to get one. And that includes 2 on West Virginia's team. And all these preseason rankings and forecasts can get thrown out if some of these teams don't get the guys they want to play.

If the NCAA continues to play hard ball on this, we may be seeing significantly less guys in the transfer portal in the future after players complete their 1 transfer in college.
Pitt has Fede, the twins, Jeffress, the two freshmen guards, freshmen wing, and the freshmen big who can all one time transfer. 8 guys who can just leave for any reason they want. Of course there will be some turnover of some sort

Reactions: MVPitt
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT