ADVERTISEMENT

Sean Miller available

Somewhere, deep underground, SMF is crafting his greatest post. His Mona Lisa.

All we can do for now is wait.
When I think of SMF, this is what I always envision.
6555927-tapped_out_unlock_cbg.png

So happy that both he and his brother got fired this off-season. Although we will have to hear they are available until each get hired elsewhere.

Reactions: TWPitt
I’m assuming this has to do with him being charged with “failure to promote atmosphere of compliance,” no? Seems pretty late to jump into the coaching carousel.

Who can blame Heather if this general counsel story is even true? You would need a ton of equity among your administration and donor base to even consider hiring someone as toxic as Miller.

Who can blame Heather if this general counsel story is even true? You would need a ton of equity among your administration and donor base to even consider hiring someone as toxic as Miller.
Its true. I cant say I blame her because as a young AD, she didn't want to stake her reputation on Miller. Too much risk involved. As it turned out, she made the safer choice but that one looks like it will end up also being wrong

Its true. I cant say I blame her because as a young AD, she didn't want to stake her reputation on Miller. Too much risk involved. As it turned out, she made the safer choice but that one looks like it will end up also being wrong

How is it wrong? They have the same number of tourney wins since Capel started. 0.

I find it shocking that someone who purports to know basketball so well remains obviously blind to Sean MIller's profound mediocrity.

Miller's stats, do not even argue he wouldn't be a HUGE UPGRADE than the Capel brothers

302-109 record (150-68 mark in the Pac-12)
- 3-time Pac-12 Coach of the Year
- 13 NBA Draft picks
- 7 NCAA Tournament appearances
- 5 Pac-12 titles
- 5 Sweet Sixteens
- 3 Elite Eights

Anywhere in the lower 48 is too close for Shawn, Jon and little guy Archie.
Just looking at this guy Shawn makes me want to give my dog a bath.

Miller's stats, do not even argue he wouldn't be a HUGE UPGRADE than the Capel brothers

- 13 NBA Draft picks
- 5 Pac-12 titles
- 5 Sweet Sixteens
- 3 Elite Eights
That’s like saying the Yankees are a better team and have better players than the Pirates !

Apples and oranges my friend .

How is it wrong? They have the same number of tourney wins since Capel started. 0.

I find it shocking that someone who purports to know basketball so well remains obviously blind to Sean MIller's profound mediocrity.
Mediocrity would be simply awesome compared to these last 5 years and the immediate future

Reactions: WannyandWalt
Mediocrity would be simply awesome compared to these last 5 years and the immediate future

Sure. No disagreements. But people were fed up with Dixon making the tournament 11/13 times. And then we turn around and pine for Sean Miller? A guy who also has never gotten to the final four with an absurd number of NBA players having come through his program?

He's overrated.

Sure. No disagreements. But people were fed up with Dixon making the tournament 11/13 times. And then we turn around and pine for Sean Miller? A guy who also has never gotten to the final four with an absurd number of NBA players having come through his program?

He's overrated.
Any of us would take Jamie (even Dixon II) over Stallings and Capel. I said a million times you don't let Dixon walk away without collecting a buyout to hire Kevin Stallings. There may have been 3 Pitt fans who agreed with that. If they were going to let Dixon walk, they had to have a plan to get someone better. Barnes is an idiot.

I said a million times you don't let Dixon walk away without collecting a buyout to hire Kevin Stallings. There may have been 3 Pitt fans who agreed with that.

You have posted some really delusional stuff over the years, but the fact that you think that only you and maybe three other Pitt fans thought that letting Jamie Dixon walk to hire Kevin Stallings was a bad idea surely has to be the most delusional of them all.

You have posted some really delusional stuff over the years, but the fact that you think that only you and maybe three other Pitt fans thought that letting Jamie Dixon walk to hire Kevin Stallings was a bad idea surely has to be the most delusional of them all.

Pitts issue is not who they let walk but then they downgrade both sports

This is revisionist history at its finest. I consider myself a level headed fan that doesn’t get too emotionally involved, but when Stallings was hired I came on here and said I was considering withholding my (meager) yearly donation to Pitt. Compared to most my reaction was mild, there was something close to insurrection when they hired Stallings, especially in the underhanded manner it happened.

This is revisionist history at its finest. I consider myself a level headed fan that doesn’t get too emotionally involved, but when Stallings hired I came on here and said I was considering withholding my (meager) yearly donation to Pitt. Compared to most my reaction was mild, there was something close to insurrection when they hired Stallings, especially in the
underhanded manner it happened.

Capel is almost as bad , you can't hire two coaches this bad back to back if you TRIED!

Some here are saying that Miller was bad at Arizona so they fired him, but he's good enough for Pitt? If some school fires a coach, it must be for some good reason, I think Pitt should stick with capel for the next 3 years, and if it still doesn't work out then give him the axe

Some here are saying that Miller was bad at Arizona so they fired him, but he's good enough for Pitt? If some school fires a coach, it must be for some good reason, I think Pitt should stick with capel for the next 3 years, and if it still doesn't work out then give him the axe

Actually he is better than Pitt, I would take him today. Sorry

- 13 NBA Draft picks
- 5 Pac-12 titles
- 5 Sweet Sixteens
- 3 Elite Eights

Actually he is better than Pitt, I would take him today. Sorry

- 13 NBA Draft picks
- 5 Pac-12 titles
- 5 Sweet Sixteens
- 3 Elite Eights
0 final fours
Fired for losing while cheating
Soon to have a show cause penalty

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT