seen enough of browne

caleco's

Head Coach
Gold Member
Nov 16, 2005
throws lollipops
can't step up in the pocket
brings no spark or fire

second game I know, but as 5th year guy he is underwhelming and really disappointing

This game has nothing to do with him. Get a clue. He's done well.

you must not be watching the game. his footwork has been terrible and that has affected his throws. several bad balls. zero pocket presence

Reactions: PittPoker
The first Pick he had a open WR and no real pressure he sailed it. Second one they got away with a hold but it was still to far and a floater. He was ok the rest of the game but shows a total lack of mobility and isn't good with any pressure. He isn't good at all. Pitt ran the ball today. The WR other than maybe two passes early caught the ball and got open. Browne is no where near Peterman, hell he probably isn't any better than tino.

Reactions: PittPanthers90
The first Pick he had a open WR and no real pressure he sailed it. Second one they got away with a hold but it was still to far and a floater. He was ok the rest of the game but shows a total lack of mobility and isn't good with any pressure. He isn't good at all. Pitt ran the ball today. The WR other than maybe two passes early caught the ball and got open. Browne is no where near Peterman, hell he probably isn't any better than tino.

I would say worse than ..... basically the worst I have seen in such a long time i can't remember

You can't stare down your receiver on every single throw. I don't care how good your arm is. Everyone knows where the ball is going from the snap.

They're wasting a year with Browne to end up 6-6. The sooner they change to one of the younger guys the better.

I feel the same with Briggs at safety. A ham and egger who will be gone at years end. You're better off breaking young guys in to see what you have.

Reactions: cruzer and RHS14
I think they start with playing Di Nuci every third series and if he plays better than Browne you play him more

Reactions: Mikefln
I think they start with playing Di Nuci every third series and if he plays better than Browne you play him more

Why give away games? BENCH Browne! And tell Whitehead and crew to give him the 420 they been smoking so that Browne gets suspended!

Why give away games? BENCH Browne! And tell Whitehead and crew to give him the 420 they been smoking so that Browne gets suspended!

Holy crap... he's not that bad. Maybe you should target your vitriol towards Henderson?!? Mr. All-American... negative rushing yards... negative punt return yards... stupid play after stupid play... and 2 catches for 5 yards.

Holy crap... he's not that bad. Maybe you should target your vitriol towards Henderson?!? Mr. All-American... negative rushing yards... negative punt return yards... stupid play after stupid play... and 2 catches for 5 yards.

He IS worse than DiNucci, and as Browne isn't any good playing time should go to someone who will improve and be on the roster next year (DiNucci,T-Mac)

I would say worse than ..... basically the worst I have seen in such a long time i can't remember
Disagree I have seen worse. Browne at least has big time college football arm talent. He has size. He doesn't have any mobility and is just average as a passer. That on its own wouldn't make him a bad QB the problem is he also has a bit of tino in he really struggles under pressure, if he had a good head on his shoulders under pressure, he might be decent. Problem is he doesn't and with all the other issues it means he isn't winning you any games and he might cost us a few.

Disagree I have seen worse. Browne at least has big time college football arm talent. He has size. He doesn't have any mobility and is just average as a passer. That on its own wouldn't make him a bad QB the problem is he also has a bit of tino in he really struggles under pressure, if he had a good head on his shoulders under pressure, he might be decent. Problem is he doesn't and with all the other issues it means he isn't winning you any games and he might cost us a few.

He has size
He as a big time arm

Those doin't mean SQUAT when

He has no mobility
He stares down his recievers
He has ZERO poise
He gets even worse nuder pressure,

So his nice size and arm look awesome in practice, but his downsides show why he shouldn't be anything more than the scout team QB for the team to practice against, He can look good in practice getting our D ready and THAT is the ONLY thing he is good for

He has size
He as a big time arm

Those doin't mean SQUAT when

He has no mobility
He stares down his recievers
He has ZERO poise
He gets even worse nuder pressure,

So his nice size and arm look awesome in practice, but his downsides show why he shouldn't be anything more than the scout team QB for the team to practice against, He can look good in practice getting our D ready and THAT is the ONLY thing he is good for
Agree with everything you said, still the sad thing is he is no where near as bad as some of the players Pitt has put out there at QB over the years. Also Ben D looks like a FCS talent. He has some moxy no question but he is limited in what he can do at this level. Then you have the FR and RFR, by all acounts these two have talent but they just aren't ready. honestly think PN knows one of these two are the future but that throwing them out there to the wolves when they aren't ready might do more harm than good.

As bad as Browne had been he still looks better than Jarrett Stidham has the past 2 games. Not all QB transfers work out.

Malik Zaire looked like crap when he saw the field last week as well

Reactions: RHS14
Its was a tough spot for PN. PC despite being known as a offensive guy sucked at QB recruiting. SUCKED he brought in no one. Pn has had basically two classes(he brought in Dinucci super late after being hired) it was the best they could do. They brought in Peterman which allowed us to win 8 games the last two seasons instead of 6 like under PC. They have landed two guys that, from those that have saw them play, look like they have talent but those guys are really young. Browne was the best they could do. Guy isn't going to win Pitt games best they can hope for is he doesn't hurt them(he did today)

Through the Spring Games and these first 2, it is clear that his "arm talent" is a myth. His slow decision making and horrific, slow delivery make him little better than mediocre.

Sadly, anything more than what we have at QB would be wasted with our receivers. Henderson is useless. Weah runs patterns like he is on ice and has horrible hands and Ffrench looks lost. #82 and #6 are actually looking good for us though. Poor Mathews. He runs great routs but all he's gotten so far is a bunch of passes below his knees.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT