ADVERTISEMENT

Chiefs-Niners

ShipofFools

Freshman
Feb 25, 2021
Can't get into it. It's like the Yankees and the Mets for the World Series. Unless you are a fan of those teams ...who cares? I have to admit that as an older white guy a halftime show featuring some rapper I have no idea who he is just makes the game more unwatchable. Will there be 20 more commercials with Mahomes and Kelce as the lead morons?

I will warm up to an old John Wayne movie instead.

Can't get into it. It's like the Yankees and the Mets for the World Series. Unless you are a fan of those teams ...who cares? I have to admit that as an older white guy a halftime show featuring some rapper I have no idea who he is just makes the game more unwatchable. Will there be 20 more commercials with Mahomes and Kelce as the lead morons?

tenor.gif

Yeah, I'd have rather have an underdog franchise to pull for. Both of these teams can go F themselves. Guess I'm for the San Francisco, since Mahomes, Swift, and Kelce annoy the hell out of me.

And I also don't wanna hear the douches at ESPN have the Mahomes vs Brady debate all offseason, because I could care less. I'm not a 9-year-old fan boy who sits all giddily in front of his TV and calls people GOATs just because I think I might get on old white guys' nerves that way. Luckily, that form of passive aggression was left on the recess area in elementary school.

Why do think Usher is a rapper? Lol I'm sure it's not his "look" 🙄. There might be another adjective to use in that description of yourself. 😆

For clarification, Usher is an R&B/Pop singer who has been around for 30 years. WTF?

Why do think Usher is a rapper? Lol I'm sure it's not his "look" 🙄. There might be another adjective to use in that description of yourself. 😆

For clarification, Usher is an R&B/Pop singer who has been around for 30 years. WTF?
Sam Cooke was an R&B singer....Marvin Gaye was an R&B singer....Stevie Wonder is still an R&B singer...George Benson is a helluva R&B musciian with some vocal chops himself.... Don't cheapen the term by putting Usher in the same category....but you can't help yourself from dropping the card, eh?

Now, get off my lawn !!

They've really been trying hard not to give old white dudes a halftime show they want to watch.

Reactions: ShipofFools

Bring that same energy when someone is called a "rock musician."

"Umm, uh, actually he's an indie progressive folk-pop-rock-alternative crossover Britpunk Louisiana Blues electeoclash psychedelic artist."

Of course then you wouldn't be able to accuse someone of something, so you probably wouldn't care that much.

Reactions: pittbb80
Sam Cooke was an R&B singer....Marvin Gaye was an R&B singer....Stevie Wonder is still an R&B singer...George Benson is a helluva R&B musciian with some vocal chops himself.... Don't cheapen the term by putting Usher in the same category....but you can't help yourself from dropping the card, eh?

Now, get off my lawn !!

You forgot Bill Withers.

AND I categorized him as R&B/Pop... there's a difference.

Last edited:

Now, get off my lawn !!
And George Benson is a native Pittsburgher!

Good for Usher. I still don't know who he is. Does he work at PNC Park? Given the halftime performers in recent years I assumed he was a rapper, and probably shouldn't have. Just as you made an assumption about me. There hasn't been a halftime performer I cared to watch since Madonna over ten years ago.

BTW...yes I'm an old white guy that the last time I looked at my CD collection ( yes I still have CDs ), I have Bobby Brown, Johnny Gill, Arrested Development, Soul II Soul, Marvin Gaye, Janet Jackson, Lionel Ritchie, Commodores, Sly and the Family Stone, Aretha Franklin... among others.

If any of them were playing halftime I would be interested.

Good for Usher. I still don't know who he is. Does he work at PNC Park? Given the halftime performers in recent years I assumed he was a rapper, and probably shouldn't have. Just as you made an assumption about me. There hasn't been a halftime performer I cared to watch since Madonna over ten years ago.

BTW...yes I'm an old white guy that the last time I looked at my CD collection ( yes I still have CDs ), I have Bobby Brown, Johnny Gill, Arrested Development, Soul II Soul, Marvin Gaye, Janet Jackson, Lionel Ritchie, Commodores, Sly and the Family Stone, Aretha Franklin... among others.

Aretha died...

Probably a different set in two weeks, but shows his range.

In any event, if you have been to a wedding in the last 10 years you have heard his stuff. DJ got us falling in love, without you, OMG.

usher is incredibly talented and was the heir to the Michael Jackson throne but never went after it. i cannot stand Yeah! that is all.

I'm pretty bummed that both the teams have recent Super Bowl experience, ever since they announced that it was going to be in Vegas, I wanted two new to the big game teams, just for all the hi jinx coaches and players would have gotten into.

I'm just busting your balls lol. That said, you can redeem yourself if there's also a D'Angelo CD in that collection.

Reactions: ShipofFools
I'm just busting your balls lol. That said, you can redeem yourself if there's also a D'Angelo CD in that collection.
Fair enough. I wasn't sure. Thanks. I don't have D'Angelo. Don't know who that is but I will get on that and shop Amazon for one. About time I enlarged my taste in music. ;)

Little crazy that the team with by far the better qb and also the better defense, is a 1.5 pt underdog. To me, kc should be giving 7 or 8.

The Kelce brothers are like a version of the Watt brothers, but the Kelces are actually easy to like.
I don't agree with this but it brings me to a question. Will the Kelces and the Watts be the only sets of brothers in the HOF. Any historians know? Am I missing anybody?

I like Patrick Mahomes, the Kelce’s and Taylor is easy on the eyes. Mahomes’ wife and brother are the annoying ones.

I like Patrick Mahomes, the Kelce’s and Taylor is easy on the eyes. Mahomes’ wife and brother are the annoying ones.

I'm currently sitting here in a Pitt t shirt with a hole in it eating expired hummus directly out of the container using my finger as a utensil, so the pot/kettle element is not lost on me, but if Taylor Swift were to walk down my sidewalk tomorrow.... meh.

I can hit three hotter girls' houses with a rock from my front porch. And it might be four if this one chick would stop dressing like a WNBA tomboy.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT