ADVERTISEMENT

Several Firsts Today

cruzer

All Conference
Jul 27, 2001
1. Obviously, this was our first Coastal championship. Amazing, considering how we were playing at the beginning of the season.

2. This was the first game this season that we really didn't run the ball effectively.

3. First game in quite a while that actually meant something and Pitt didn't rip my heart out.

4. First game of the season that our QB actually HAD to win the game....and he did.

Great game overall, but Pickett really came through today. He made plays all day even though our running attack wasn't doing much. If Pickett can play like that the rest of the season, we can be a very dangerous team.

Cruzer

P.S. - couldn't help but comment....the ACC refs are either completely incompetent or they're on the take. Some of the calls were simply horrible.

#4 was a huge development. QB and WRs put this on their shoulders and the OL also stepped up their protection.

I had said much of the past month that it was amazing to me that teams weren't completely selling out with run-blitzes against us and that when someone finally did, the passing game would have to make them pay. WF did it, and the passing game responded.

With our TBs both graduating, plus big George, and the guys behind them unknown capacity, it's imperative the passing game provides a threat, and it now looks much more promising.

#4 was a huge development. QB and WRs put this on their shoulders and the OL also stepped up their protection.

I had said much of the past month that it was amazing to me that teams weren't completely selling out with run-blitzes against us and that when someone finally did, the passing game would have to make them pay. WF did it, and the passing game responded.

With our TBs both graduating, plus big George, and the guys behind them unknown capacity, it's imperative the passing game provides a threat, and it now looks much more promising.

Promising sign. Today was the first time I saw KP look off his main target, then deliver to a second/third option.. He is starting to develop some poise/presence...very promising for the team/his developing...

Good things on the horizon

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT