ADVERTISEMENT

Shawn Watson vs Mark Whipple

Sean Miller Fan

Lair Hall of Famer
Oct 30, 2001
I didn't think Shawn Watson was any good but is there anyone left that believes he's worse than Mark Whipple? Whipple has a supposed NFL QB and cant score.

Reactions: sherepower
Watson's offense was painfully boring. I wanted to give Whipple a chance and while it can be exciting at times, it has no rhyme or reason to it.

They both suck and Pickette is no NFL QB.

Pickett may already be a ruined product, but I can also see him being a better pro QB than college QB.

Reactions: CougarClaws
Watson vs Whipple, identical horrible play callers, neither has any out of the box imagination, like Canada had, and I think Borbely has to take some of responsibility

Watson's offense was painfully boring. I wanted to give Whipple a chance and while it can be exciting at times, it has no rhyme or reason to it.

Pickett may already be a ruined product, but I can also see him being a better pro QB than college QB.
Dinucci is an NFL qb.

Reactions: Millerton
NC State's DBs were really banged up. He kept trying to get the run game started until the 4th, and Pitt started scoring. But it was too late.

Reactions: California Gold
NC State's DBs were really banged up. He kept trying to get the run game started until the 4th, and Pitt started scoring. But it was too late.

their secondary was awful. We should’ve thrown to set up the run not the other way around.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
their secondary was awful. We should’ve thrown to set up the run not the other way around.

Seems pretty elementary doesn't it? So why didn't they figure that out until very late? These guys get paid a ton of money... so wtf are they doing?

The run game is simply atrocious. The worst I have seen at Pitt in a long time. A good OC needs to get that fixed.

Maybe Mike Leach will say something stupid and get the boot via sjw protests. Then Pitt can bring him in as OC!

Pretty much agree. There were flashes with both, however. That VaTech game with Watson in 2018 was a thing of beauty. And I thought after the PSU game that Whipple would be significantly better than Watson. But really they are both two different shades of average.

I can’t
He’s not very accurate and makes bad decisions

They both suck and Pickette is no NFL QB.

Personally I like Pickett and feel bad for him. He has been a great competitor in a horrible offensive situation. Imagine if he got to play in a system like UCF or Ohio state where he got to run 10 times or more per game. Plus had guys that didn't lead the NATION in drops. I don't believe Pickett is some top draft pick, but I do think he could have been a really good dual threat college quarterback. In my opinion Pitt should almost never leave the pistol and make him a large part of the run game.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
They both suck as play designers and worse play callers. The fact that Kenny Pickett has to run to the sideline after every play is pre-historic.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Watson did just fine with what Chryst left him by his last year -- a lot of strong 5th year seniors to build a running game around (well, plus Pickett.) Whipple has less talent as Narduzzi's recruiting upgrades have mostly been on the defensive side. So hard to compare apples to apples, but agreed both have been frustrating in their own ways.

Seems pretty elementary doesn't it? So why didn't they figure that out until very late? These guys get paid a ton of money... so wtf are they doing?

The run game is simply atrocious. The worst I have seen at Pitt in a long time. A good OC needs to get that fixed.

Maybe Mike Leach will say something stupid and get the boot via sjw protests. Then Pitt can bring him in as OC!
The Pitt Bot is too pussy-footed to hire Leach.

Is there any chance Pickett returns next year?

(I could be wrong - but didn't NCAA grant an extra year of eligibility for the Fall '20 sports - whether athletes participate or not?)

Not until he transferred and flourished.

I don't understand Dinucci. I think he was only slightly better than Tino and I don't think he's as good as Pickett. Good for him for making the NFL but its really perplexing. He's a Top 100 QB in the world? I can't believe that. There are probably 40 college teams he wouldn't start for.

Bc head coach will be next at Pitt. So this week should give you a good look. He’ll probably bring wanny on as a special assistant to the program. Local recruiting

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT