ADVERTISEMENT

Spring game

Chairman Moe

All Conference
Nov 4, 2003
Just around the corner from Paradise
Did anyone else - after watching this year's Spring Game - think that QB11 looked a bit sharper than QB5? I just rewatched the first two drives - QB5 muffed a snap and took a sack (vs 2nd string D) while QB11 drove his 2nd string guys to a TD vs 1st string D ...

I get it ... PJ is HCPN's chosen one, and for all we know he's the better QB during the week, in practice. But my bald-headed dome index (to steal a line from Dick Vitale) always thought that Vellieux "looked" the better QB coming out of the Spring game

I still think Pitt starts Jurkovec vs WVU, but as others have indicated, Christian should be ready to relieve him

Reactions: FireballZ and gary2
Did anyone else - after watching this year's Spring Game - think that QB11 looked a bit sharper than QB5? I just rewatched the first two drives - QB5 muffed a snap and took a sack (vs 2nd string D) while QB11 drove his 2nd string guys to a TD vs 1st string D ...

I get it ... PJ is HCPN's chosen one, and for all we know he's the better QB during the week, in practice. But my bald-headed dome index (to steal a line from Dick Vitale) always thought that Vellieux "looked" the better QB coming out of the Spring game

I still think Pitt starts Jurkovec vs WVU, but as others have indicated, Christian should be ready to relieve him
CV throws a better ball. Phil needs to regain his confidence and use his legs to make plays. If Phil comes out flat, then I’d have no issue with Narduzzi turning to CV.

Reactions: FireballZ
The other two QBs have more sense, but it probably won't matter in this offense.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT