ADVERTISEMENT

Should Coach Tomlin Return?

Should Coach Tomlin Return Next Season

• Yes

Votes: 35 35.7%
  • No

Votes: 63 64.3%

• Total voters
Do we know that? Does anyone know how responsible he was for say trading up to get Devin Bush, or was that all Colbert? And if Tomlin was responsible for that decision, then if I'm Art Rooney and during my meeting with Tomlin this week I say "listen Mike, we just hired new GMs last year and you are going to have to take a back seat to their personnel decisions," and Mike responds okay, then I would be okay with bringing him back. But I doubt Tomlin would agree to that sort of demotion.
Devin Bush received votes for rookie of the year. He was a good player for a little while.

not true at all, no one Begs to go 10-7 in the nfl, it's counter productive. most of the steeler fan base would rather us go 5-12 than yet another 10-7 season. you cant compare it to college where you want to go 7-5 or 8-4, it's an apples to oranges comparison.

going 10-7 and losing in the first rd for 7 years in a row just breeds more mediocrity. Tomlin and the steelers pulling out a few late season wins against bad teams with backup qbs actually hurts the team more than it helps it..
Stiller fans were squealing when their team was 6-4. Imagine how bad it would have been if they were 4-6.

Maybe Washington could be convinced to trade their number 2 draft pick to Pittsburgh for Tomlin.

Of course how many Steeler fans would cry if Rudolph and Pickett were benched for the incoming quarterback selected in the draft?

Devin Bush received votes for rookie of the year. He was a good player for a little while.
Yeah I mean he was no complete bust a la Jamarcus Russell or anything, but I think that hindsight says it was a bad move to trade up to get him. Whoever was behind that move--Colbert, Tomlin, both of them, neither of them, I don't know--deserves criticism in my eyes.

Stiller fans were squealing when their team was 6-4. Imagine how bad it would have been if they were 4-6.
it would have been just as loud. they were calling for canada's head, criticizing tomlin, the inefficient offense ran by an inept QB..

all those arguments were valid under both scenarios.

well on a positive note, in Tomlins PC today, he said he will absolutely not be looking at Faulkner or Sullivan as a candidate for OC and will be only looking at external hires.

Hey, that's something at least. one bit of good news

Reactions: Gunga_Galunga
well on a positive note, in Tomlins PC today, he said he will absolutely not be looking at Faulkner or Sullivan as a candidate for OC and will be only looking at external hires.

OK Ill bite............the synic in me says hes saying that so when he does retain the two headed OC that he can say he couldnt find anyone better :cool:

To qualify, I think he said that he was going to look outside first. I'm paraphrasing but nobody will be surprised when he hires someone on the staff because that's the lazy crap he does.
I believe someone asked him if the two headed OCs were under consideration and I believe he said no not at this time....................... 🤔

To qualify, I think he said that he was going to look outside first. I'm paraphrasing but nobody will be surprised when he hires someone on the staff because that's the lazy crap he does.
And because he isn’t given a real budget from ownership

Based on who tomlin has hired in the past, I won't hold my breath. His "external" hire will be Byron Leftwich, just watch.

I thought Tomlin said everything he needed to say; frankly, it was one of the most honest pressers I’ve heard from him. Almost seemed a little emotional. I think he’s heard the outside loud and clear and is ready to make some (necessary) changes.

Not only are they going to bring in a quarterback to challenge Kenny and hire an offensive coordinator from outside the organization, but he specifically said he’s reached out to New York about interviewing people, meaning someone they’re interested in is still playoffs. Don’t underestimate Khan and Weidl’s ability to overturn the roster, either.

They just went 10-7 and made the playoffs in the second season of a rebuild. Let’s see what they can do this offseason.

They're paying Tomlin a premium. I find it hard to believe they won't square up and pay coaches.
Yup and Tomlin is not a wall flower. If the Rooneys were restricting his ability to hire staff needed to be successful you know we would have known about it. Not one of his fans in the media has mentioned anything about this

Reactions: pittdan77
Wait, what? Your not sure Roethlisberger was better than Rivers? SMFH
I hope you aren’t suggesting Roethlisberger was clearly better.

Forgot to mention Peyton Manning of course. Pittsburgh should have beaten them in Colorado in 2015, even with Bell and Brown out due to injury. Some clown fumbled in the fourth quarter

Last edited:
I thought Tomlin said everything he needed to say; frankly, it was one of the most honest pressers I’ve heard from him. Almost seemed a little emotional. I think he’s heard the outside loud and clear and is ready to make some (necessary) changes.

Not only are they going to bring in a quarterback to challenge Kenny and hire an offensive coordinator from outside the organization, but he specifically said he’s reached out to New York about interviewing people, meaning someone they’re interested in is still playoffs. Don’t underestimate Khan and Weidl’s ability to overturn the roster, either.

They just went 10-7 and made the playoffs in the second season of a rebuild. Let’s see what they can do this offseason.
it was a good conference which quite frankly, i didnt know was possible. Loved how straight forward he was about not giving faulkner or Sullivan a look and going external for the OC hire.

joked a bit but admitted he handled walking off about the contract issue, which was good. i didnt think it was that big of a deal. did say he was going to stay and get the extension, we can debate that but again, was open about it.

was very glowing towards Mason which was a shock considering how they treated him the last 1/2 decade. said he believes in Kenny but will bring in competition.

again, alll good stuff

Reactions: HailToPitt725
10 wins with a bum staff and JV roster
But sure - Tomlin is the problem .
Stop listening to Madden
cook, poni, starkey, zeise, paul alexander, mueller, pretty much everyone in the local media is screaming about needing to move on from tomlin..

only people supporting tomlin are national guys who are employed by espn and well, we know why the tomlin apology tour is coming from them. oh and the kaboly beat writer types who are basically steeler employees and have to support him..

cook, poni, starkey, zeise, paul alexander, mueller, pretty much everyone in the local media is screaming about needing to move on from tomlin..

only people supporting tomlin are national guys who are employed by espn and well, we know why the tomlin apology tour is coming from them. oh and the kaboly beat writer types who are basically steeler employees and have to support him..
Also likewise morons

It’s a reason they are local media in a small market.
They give the yinzers what they want to hear , exclusively

I hope you aren’t suggesting Roethlisberger was clearly better.

Forgot to mention Peyton Manning of course. Pittsburgh should have beaten them in Colorado in 2015, even with Bell and Brown out due to injury. Some clown fumbled in the fourth quarter
Ah yes, clearly better than Rivers. How many Super Bowls did Rivers play in?

Ah yes, clearly better than Rivers. How many Super Bowls did Rivers play in?
That is more of an indication of how good your team is and how good your coaching staff is. Do you think anyone would ever claim Jerome Bettis was better than Barry Sanders, because Sanders never played in a Super Bowl?

That is more of an indication of how good your team is and how good your coaching staff is. Do you think anyone would ever claim Jerome Bettis was better than Barry Sanders, because Sanders never played in a Super Bowl?
Right, and do you remember the offensive line in front of Roethlisberger the year they won the Super Bowl vs Arizona? Look, we can argue all day, Rivers was a real good quarterback, no chance in hell he was better than Ben. BTW I am not comparing Bettis to Sanders, I am comparing Rivers to Roethlisberger.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Right, and do you remember the offensive line in front of Roethlisberger the year they won the Super Bowl vs Arizona? Look, we can argue all day, Rivers was a real good quarterback, no chance in hell he was better than Ben. BTW I am not comparing Bettis to Sanders, I am comparing Rivers to Roethlisberger.
QB 1:

YDS. 63,440.
TD. 421.
INT. 209.

QB 2:

YDS. 64,088.
TD. 418.
INT. 211.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT