ADVERTISEMENT

Should Pitt players kneel on Saturday?

Im sure that will be next. And everyone will about how couragous they fight there injustice.
Honestly I don't know that wasn't the first way to protest. I don't have a problem with protests, I just don't think kneeling for the anthem is all that effective and it's been causing an uproar. Simply raising a fist makes it pretty obvious what the point is and they are still remaining standing for the anthem.

Raising a fist in air is what the black panthers did whilesaying black power. Same thing a skin heads do while saying white power. Both a racist move.

That's a great stat as long as you don't take into account the fact that some NFL Network-only games were also broadcast on network television last year, or that ratings don't take into account games streamed on the internet, or that there was this little hurricane that hit during week 1, or that a Thursday night game featuring San Francisco (the team that started all of this) was up almost 40% over ratings from the same week last year.

Or that in a J.D. Power poll of 9,200 people that attended a professional sporting event in 2016 (roughly half of Neilson's sampling) only 12% said they watched fewer NFL games while 27% said they watched more games, and that only 3% of all respondents said they watched fewer games because of anthem protests while 5.6% said either domestic violence or too many delays and another 2% because of too many commercials.

Or many of a thousand other reasons that there is a decline in ratings.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure that finding the reasoning behind a trend from a 0.01% sample is pretty easy. Especially when that proposed reason lines up with your own opinions.

Edit: Not directed toward you, but more toward people that try and point to any singular reason for the decline in ratings.
So, ESPN just commissioned a new survey and as a result of the protests:

"Among all respondents, 14 percent were more interested and 40 percent were less interested -- with 43 percent saying the protests had no impact on their interest. Among avid NFL fans, 48 percent said their interest is not impacted, but 31 percent said they were less interested in the league because of the protests (19 percent said they were more interested)."

That is really bad for the NFL.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...terested-divided-nfl-protests-national-anthem

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT