ADVERTISEMENT

Should Pitt players kneel on Saturday?

pittman71

All American
Sep 3, 2014
it isn't like the threat of boycott will work, nobody comes to the games anyway. It could help with recruiting, it would definitely bring national attention to the school. And maybe give the media something else to focus on in case Rice beats them.

it isn't like the threat of boycott will work, nobody comes to the games anyway. It could help with recruiting, it would definitely bring national attention to the school. And maybe give the media something else to focus on in case Rice beats them.
I say no but they have the freedom to do what they want. Dont have to do it just because its the new cool thing to do.

I say no but they have the freedom to do what they want. Dont have to do it just because its the new cool thing to do.

but I am thinking national attention and recruiting! Might as well have some fun, Pitt likely will be a punching bag for every team remaining on their schedule

but I am thinking national attention and recruiting! Might as well have some fun, Pitt likely will be a punching bag for every team remaining on their schedule
I understand that but sometimes the best attention is to be different. Eveyone is kneeling, or sitting or standing but locking arms. Pitt should just as they usually do. Just my opinion. Besides kneeling might not be good attention. The country is divided about this. 50% thinks it good and 50% are pissed off. With pitts luck the 50% that would be pissed off are the recruits and their families. Sometimes being neutral is better.

Reactions: pittman71
They should do whatever they want, its a free country with a first amendment freedom of expression.

Obviously, the first amendment only applies in some circumstances, and employers are free to have their own restrictions. However, the NCAA has made it very clear that the players are not employees, so they are free to do as they choose.

Maybe the possibility will get fans into the stadium sooner to what the players do, lol.

Reactions: pittman71
"now we ask that you rise and honor America with the playing of the National Anthem" .. So it is your contention that being asked to honor your country and deliberately choosing not to do so thereby alienating those with at least minimal patriotic feelings will help with recruiting. Maybe, but there will be nobody there to watch them. ...Fascinating....Pitt is so abundant fanwise that they can piss off tens of thousands of extras. .

Maybe the possibility will get fans into the stadium sooner to what the players do, lol.

Yeah that is funny I don't need to drive 4 hours to see what a bunch of 18-20 year olds think is cool at the moment when I can watch it on TV and watch the media's obsession with this continue. Better yet I can not watch it at all and not waste 3-4 hours of my Saturday. I'll listen to Bill and Billy on my phone and actually get some stuff done around the house.

Reactions: Chaos
"now we ask that you rise and honor America with the playing of the National Anthem" .. So it is your contention that being asked to honor your country and deliberately choosing not to do so thereby alienating those with at least minimal patriotic feelings will help with recruiting. Maybe, but there will be nobody there to watch them. ...Fascinating....Pitt is so abundant fanwise that they can piss off tens of thousands of extras. .

If that's appealing to the recruits I don't want them wearing blue and gold anyway.

Sure if they want to lose a large percentage of the pathetic 30k who now the games have at it!

Mrs Buffett and I drive in 300 miles, 600 rt ( for the math challenged), spend a ton of money on the Northshore, and if they kneel we leave immediately, wont return, or buy PITT season tickets ever again!

Polling today showed 70% of NFL watchers arent happy with the protests and 50% are shutting the NFL down.

I just heard on a news broadcast that retailers in Pittsburgh and of Steelers merchandise are seeing a sharp decline in sales! Its happening! The Steeler reported they will be standing for the National Anthem on Sunday's.

Just this morning Direct TV ( we have it) agreed due to massive subscriber pressure to let subscribers cancel Sunday Ticket.

Do you realize how many people will stop watching after they cancel Sunday Ticket???? Huge #'s.

Today since Direct TV allowed it cancelled Sunday Ticket which we've had forever and arent watching any NFL games including the Steelers.

Last season we watched the Steelers on Sunday Ticket and no other NFL games.

Prior to that we watched the Steelers, the 1 pm the 4 pm, the Sunday night game, Thursday, and Monday night games.

Mrs Buffett and I are sports fanatics but now will pay for the NHL Center Ice for the PENS, MLB for the Pirates, we skip the NBA, watch college basketball and football, golf, tennis, NASCAR, INDY car racing, etc.

Last edited:
If that's appealing to the recruits I don't want them wearing blue and gold anyway.
well, you could always nip it in the bud by having folks in the stands start saying the Lord's Prayer....that will get them off their knees in no time lest they been thought to be in prayer.

Reactions: paulbl99

the types of athletes Pitt needs to turn things around probably aren't very patriotic.

the types of athletes Pitt needs to turn things around probably aren't very patriotic.
Did not know you had to be patriotic to honor your country by standing silently while its anthem is played. Jesus, the stupid idiotic stuff we have to discuss anymore. It's the freaking anthem. Seems to me Pitt needs the type of players disciplined enough to do so.

Reactions: pittdan77
Sure if they want to lose a large percentage of the pathetic 30k who now the games have at it!

That is like me threatening to take 80% of your 5 cents. Pitt is the lowest of the low with regards to attendance, going to their games cure insomnia. It can't get any worse and if they lose on Saturday they will have hit rock bottom.

Did not know you had to be patriotic to honor your country by standing silently while its anthem is played. Jesus, the stupid idiotic stuff we have to discuss anymore. It's the freaking anthem. Seems to me Pitt needs the type of players disciplined enough to do so.

the guys Pitt has now are very disciplined, just not very talented

Should Pitt players kneel on Saturday? .... original title ..
Should Pitt players kneel on Saturday and Go For the Historic 0 Attendance Figure?

Stupid,

A yinzer is a 20th-century term playing on the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania second-person plural vernacular "yinz." The word is used among people who identify themselves with the city of Pittsburgh and its traditions.

Additionally, it has morphed into a derogatory term of the dumbest people from that region (aka Trump voters).

Call me stupid if want. I've seen this term used alot but what the hell is a yinzer?

Last edited:
Stupid,

A yinzer is a 20th-century term playing on the Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania second-person plural vernacular "yinz." The word is used among people who identify themselves with the city of Pittsburgh and its traditions.

Additionally, it's has morphed into a derogatory term of the dumbest people from that region (aka Trump voters).

Call me stupid if want. I've seen this term used alot but what the hell is a yinzer?
I understand now. Thank you

Should Pitt players kneel on Saturday? .... original title ..
Should Pitt players kneel on Saturday and Go For the Historic 0 Attendance Figure?

in Pitt's case any publicity is good publicity. All the local papers would be discussing Pitt and not PSU

in Pitt's case any publicity is good publicity. All the local papers would be discussing Pitt and not PSU
I'm sure it would turn into "PSU players stood and honored the flag, while Pitt disrespected it" or "Pitt loses the few fans it had by kneeling for the anthem".

I'm sure it would turn into "PSU players stood and honored the flag, while Pitt disrespected it" or "Pitt loses the few fans it had by kneeling for the anthem".
And then jimmy will use in recruiting to say that pitt is hate america and helps fund isis or some shit like that.

Stupid,

Additionally, it's has morphed into a derogatory term of the dumbest people from that region (aka Trump voters).
Aren’t most Pittsburghers Democrats?

But don’t worry about facts. They are malleable.

And then jimmy will use in recruiting to say that pitt is hate america and helps fund isis or some shit like that.

and Pitt could attract the talented "rebels" instead of these guys going to PSU and OSU like they are presently doing.

Hey this is the best route to go without cheating. Looks like the feds are coming after the cheaters

Pitt needs to stop being the goody two shoes school with regards to recruiting. They can shed that image without cheating.

ill be in the parking lot tailgating thru most of the first quarter so im cool with whatever they plan on doing for the anthem. i'll have beer in hand so proceed as you wish.

Instead of the team kneeling during the national anthem, maybe they should construct a giant human centipede where they attach each other a$$ to mouth, all across the field. That will definitely garner media attention. Not sure if it will help recruiting though.

Most teams aren't on the field for the National Anthem in college football, so it hasn't been a big issue.

However, obviously Pitt should not encourage this kind of thing and the coaches should make that clear. When they are wearing a Pitt uniform they should do as Pitt instructs. If they don't like it, they are free to find another scholarship at another University.

Reactions: Drax1975

Man, that's a great idea. Let's alienate more then half of the remaining fans.

Cruzer

Polling today showed 70% of NFL watchers arent happy with the protests and 50% are shutting the NFL down. I just heard on a news broadcast that retailers in Pittsburgh and of Steelers merchandise are seeing a sharp decline in sales! Its happening!

Just this morning Direct TV ( we have it) agreed due to massive subscriber pressure to let subscribers cancel Sunday Ticket.

Do you realize how many people will stop watching after they cancel Sunday Ticket???? Huge #'s.

Today since Direct TV allowed it cancelled Sunday Ticket which we've had forever and arent watching any NFL games including the Steelers.

Last season we watched the Steelers on Sunday Ticket and no other NFL games.

Prior to that we watched the Steelers, the 1 pm the 4 pm, the Sunday night game, Thursday, and Monday night games.

Mrs Buffett and I are sports fanatics but now will pay for the NHL Center Ice for the PENS, MLB for the Pirates, we skip the NBA, watch college basketball and football, golf, tennis, NASCAR, INDY car racing, etc.
Another pile of bullsh** form a liar. The NFL ratings were the highest uin years liar.... 50 percent of people aren't doing nothing liar. Go kiss your master's a$$. Hes the only one whho lies etter than you. Good by liar... Write you BS in Rusaia where you and your ilk bewlong.

I think Pitt should come out with hoodies on and kneel with hands up . While they're at it the need to get some signs made that say Black Lives Matter - Because blacks don't already have enough advantages in this country.

That will be impressive in front of the 2,000 people in attendance.

Reactions: Drax1975
I think Pitt should come out with hoodies on and kneel with hands up . While they're at it the need to get some signs made that say Black Lives Matter - Because blacks don't already have enough advantages in this country.

That will be impressive in front of the 2,000 people in attendance.

that is a good idea

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT