ADVERTISEMENT

Six "bid stealer" possibilities left

UPitt '89

Board of Trustee
Gold Member
Mar 14, 2002
Listed in order of likelihood. My guesstimate as to the chances in parentheses.

1. North Texas/UAB (30%)
- Both are pretty good teams. If either of these beats FAU, they'll steal a bid.

2. San Jose State (20%)
- Would have to beat:
San Diego State
Boise State/Utah State

3. Oregon (10%)
- Would have to beat:
UCLA
Arizona/ASU

4. Vanderbilt (3%)
- Would have to beat:
Kentucky
Texas A&M/Arkansas
Alabama/Tennessee/Missouri/Mississippi State

5. Ohio State (3%)
- Would have to beat:
Michigan State
Purdue/Rutgers
Indiana/MD/NW/PSU

6. Someone other than Houston or Memphis in the AAC (3%)
It would be a monumental upset for UCF, Temple, Cincinnati, Wichita State, Tulane, or East Carolina to win this conference.

Reactions: Drew1208
Listed in order of likelihood. My guesstimate as to the chances in parentheses.

1. North Texas/UAB (30%)
- Both are pretty good teams. If either of these beats FAU, they'll steal a bid.

2. San Jose State (20%)
- Would have to beat:
San Diego State
Boise State/Utah State

3. Oregon (10%)
- Would have to beat:
UCLA
Arizona/ASU

4. Vanderbilt (3%)
- Would have to beat:
Kentucky
Texas A&M/Arkansas
Alabama/Tennessee/Missouri/Mississippi State

5. Ohio State (3%)
- Would have to beat:
Michigan State
Purdue/Rutgers
Indiana/MD/NW/PSU

6. Someone other than Houston or Memphis in the AAC (3%)
It would be a monumental upset for UCF, Temple, Cincinnati, Wichita State, Tulane, or East Carolina to win this conference.

Vandy doesn't have to win the SECT. They just need to make the finals. Wins over good teams today and tomorrow puts them in.

I would also throw in SLU, Fordham, or Dayton. If VCU loses in the A10 final, they would be 26-8. Not a good resume and no one will have them in but they beat Pitt and 26 is a lot of wins.

Vandy doesn't have to win the SECT. They just need to make the finals. Wins over good teams today and tomorrow puts them in.

I would also throw in SLU, Fordham, or Dayton. If VCU loses in the A10 final, they would be 26-8. Not a good resume and no one will have them in but they beat Pitt and 26 is a lot of wins.
Nah. The A-10 is getting only one bid.

Can't you guys just wait until Sunday and we'll see if or where Pitt will go? None of these speculation gyrations matter one bit. And most will end up being wrong.

Can't you guys just wait until Sunday and we'll see if or where Pitt will go? None of these speculation gyrations matter one bit. And most will end up being wrong.
We have very specific rooting interests the next 3 days. Everything is fluid. If none of these six bid-stealer possibilities occur, that is very good news for Pitt.

We have very specific rooting interests the next 3 days. Everything is fluid. If none of these six bid-stealer possibilities occur, that is very good news for Pitt.

I understand that and thanks for the explanation. But it's still speculation as to what the committee will decide to do with Pitt specifically, even if everything falls our way. But root on!

What else are we supposed to do until sunday evening? Also is this not the intent of a sports team messgae board?

I understand that and thanks for the explanation. But it's still speculation as to what the committee will decide to do with Pitt specifically, even if everything falls our way. But root on!
Yeah but he's good at this and has provided this board with another good source of info.

We should probably root for Purdue over Rutgers here at Noon. They are probably ok, but it wouldn’t hurt to see them lose.

Reactions: FireballZ
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT