ADVERTISEMENT

Mountain West 1-13 in last 14 NCAAT games (excluding SDSU run)

Lol. And the local media will say it’s because Pitt learned their lesson by missing the tourney…not because of the obvious.
Right. Fat Madden will say it’s because Pitt needs Duquesne. Oh well. We’ll play the game, get the neutral court win and improve the NET

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
You’re by far, and that is saying something, the dumbest person on the board.

No knowledge. No inside info. Blue and gold glasses and always incorrect. You add zero value to the board.

I get one wrong every once in a while but also get good info. And Pitt will play Duquesne next year now that Keith isn’t in charge. Already done in fact. So you were wrong again
I thought you put me on ignore.

How was I wrong? Lyke offered a deal as I stated.

If I'm dumb, I'm pretty sure I know where you fall in comparison ... and it ain't favorable for you.

My hope is that next year we make a run to the championship game (and hopefully win it!), and then for the next couple years after that we have to listen to people telling is that our run was not legitimate. Because reasons and stuff.

If for no other reason than it will be fun to laugh in their faces.

I would be thrilled if we beat a bunch of low seeds enroute to the title game. I am sorry if this post offends people but I dont think you can use the outlier SDSU run to justify that the league doesnt suck ass because it does.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
I would be thrilled if we beat a bunch of low seeds enroute to the title game. I am sorry if this post offends people but I dont think you can use the outlier SDSU run to justify that the league doesnt suck ass because it does.

Believe me, it does not offend anyone when you make a dumb argument.

You’re by far, and that is saying something, the dumbest person on the board.

No knowledge. No inside info. Blue and gold glasses and always incorrect. You add zero value to the board.

I get one wrong every once in a while but also get good info. And Pitt will play Duquesne next year now that Keith isn’t in charge. Already done in fact. So you were wrong again

Capel was extremely complimentary of Duquesne and Dambrot on The Fan yesterday. Wasnt even asked about. Opened up with those remarks. Said he and Dambrot texted throughout the season so Im not sure I am buying that we dont play because he doesnt like him. I think its as easy as Duquesne wasn't very good but neither were we and its a potential really bad loss.

Pitt and Duquesne will play next season due to a perfect storm:

- Duquesne has some juice and there's more pressure to play it

- Duquesne loses their 3 best players and wont be that good

- Duquesne has raised their profile so a loss to them isnt the end of the world locally or nationally

- Pitt has to upgrade its schedule and play less Q4s so a neutral or road game vs Duquesne helps (if we win).

- Capel is the type of guy who would like to help out a young coach like Dru Joyce

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce
Capel was extremely complimentary of Duquesne and Dambrot on The Fan yesterday. Wasnt even asked about. Opened up with those remarks. Said he and Dambrot texted throughout the season so Im not sure I am buying that we dont play because he doesnt like him. I think its as easy as Duquesne wasn't very good but neither were we and its a potential really bad loss.

Pitt and Duquesne will play next season due to a perfect storm:

- Duquesne has some juice and there's more pressure to play it

- Duquesne loses their 3 best players and wont be that good

- Duquesne has raised their profile so a loss to them isnt the end of the world locally or nationally

- Pitt has to upgrade its schedule and play less Q4s so a neutral or road game vs Duquesne helps (if we win).

- Capel is the type of guy who would like to help out a young coach like Dru Joyce
They’re playing because Capel is finally rid of the guy he doesn’t like. There’s no other story to it. Not an opinion, no diatribes or lies needed. That’s why they’re playing.

You can “buy” whatever you want. I don’t believe Capel because it’s a known lie. It’s pretty harmless, but he’s adding Duquesne because Keith is gone. Nothing else.

They’re playing because Capel is finally rid of the guy he doesn’t like. There’s no other story to it. Not an opinion, no diatribes or lies needed. That’s why they’re playing.

You can “buy” whatever you want. I don’t believe Capel because it’s a known lie. It’s pretty harmless, but he’s adding Duquesne because Keith is gone. Nothing else.
Dambrot made some racist remarks in the past and that’s why Capel refused to play him.

Dambrot made some racist remarks in the past and that’s why Capel refused to play him.
I know what he said. Craig Meyer says that isn’t why. I always assumed it was. And it was still a stupid decision in A) hurt our NET
B) should’ve been nice to stick it to him.

The fact it was instantly scheduled after Keith retires is that anyone who thinks it was anything other than Keith being there just doesn’t live in reality. I couldn’t care less if Jeff doesn’t play Duquesne, although I think it’s incredibly dumb, but for people to not understand that he just simply didn’t like Keith is hilarious

I know what he said. Craig Meyer says that isn’t why. I always assumed it was. And it was still a stupid decision in A) hurt our NET

The fact it was instantly scheduled after Keith retires is that anyone who thinks it was anything other than Keith being there just doesn’t live in reality. I couldn’t care less if Jeff doesn’t play Duquesne, although I think it’s incredibly dumb, but for people to not understand that he just simply didn’t like Keith is hilarious
Lyke offered a contract to play Duquesne when Dambrot was there. Why do you refuse to admit that?

In any business, it is usually good practice to identify outliers. Lets say you hire someone to work for your business. He has a bad year 5 out of 6 years but one of the years he was Employee of the Year. Is that employee that good or was he a bit lucky that year due to circumstances outside his control.

The MWC sucks. SDSU was an outlier.
I see one of the MWC teams is losing by 30 points. Even Dukane could beat them.

Reactions: TheSpecialSauce

Well let’s all hang on what Craig Meyer says. …Cripes.

Reactions: 4Mark_Marty
I just want to thank the NCAA for subjecting us to that garbage game between Utah St and Purdue. Not only do they put that garbage team in the tourney but they put them on at a time when that’s all we have to watch.

With the way TCU plays defense though, Purdue might have won by 50 and scored 120 if TCU had beaten Utah St.

I just want to thank the NCAA for subjecting us to that garbage game between Utah St and Purdue. Not only do they put that garbage team in the tourney but they put them on at a time when that’s all we have to watch.

With the way TCU plays defense though, Purdue might have won by 50 and scored 120 if TCU had beaten Utah St.

Jamie has totally changed his coaching style to his credit but my God, I dont know if I've ever seen a worse defensive effort than TCU showed. Utah State could have named the score. It was almost as if they were letting them score or shaving points.

Jamie has totally changed his coaching style to his credit but my God, I dont know if I've ever seen a worse defensive effort than TCU showed. Utah State could have named the score. It was almost as if they were letting them score or shaving points.
Maybe Utah State's effort vs Purdue? Purdue actually named their score. Something to be said about getting good kids and keeping them over overusing the portal. Seems Capel is trying to build the right way ala Shaka, Painter etc who keep kids. Tough to blend an entire team in a year.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt
Maybe Utah State's effort vs Purdue? Purdue actually named their score. Something to be said about getting good kids and keeping them over overusing the portal. Seems Capel is trying to build the right way ala Shaka, Painter etc who keep kids. Tough to blend an entire team in a year.

Yea but its almost impossible to keep a roster.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT