ADVERTISEMENT

So I guess Scott Barnes is the new boogieman?

I do not appreciate being lied to. He is starting to look like a politician, and/or slimy used car salesman to me.

I do not appreciate being lied to. He is starting to look like a politician, and/or slimy used car salesman to me.
I think he's a guy who completely misread the situation, the appeal of the job relative to other jobs/programs, the amount of "juice" he had in the college basketball scene...and his presser on the job opening was based upon what we now know was unfounded bravado. I don't think he intentionally lied to Pitt fans. I think he was over-confident in his abilities.

I think he's a guy who completely misread the situation, the appeal of the job relative to other jobs/programs, the amount of "juice" he had in the college basketball scene...and his presser on the job opening was based upon what we now know was unfounded bravado. I don't think he intentionally lied to Pitt fans. I think he was over-confident in his abilities.
He interviewed Stallings right after JD left. Why didn't he go more in depth with about 10 other guys that should have been considered, and there is no way the majority would have turned down a chance to interview?

Seriously this fan base is messed up......

Wrong. Sorry. Nice try. You're like the Administration's Magician " Look over here, not over there". Sorry, Pitt's Administration is messed up and Scott Barnes is part of it. He's knocking down $800K annually for what? Hires like Kevin Stallings for the #2 Sport at Pitt? Gallagher should have let Randy Juhl make the hire, it would have been much better.

My opinion, based on what I've read: Pitt went cheap. By all accounts Kevin Stallings was about to be fired by Vanderbilt. Obviously, he was motivated to take another P5 job at a better school athletically in the best basketball conference. We'll have to wait until the Federal Tax filings come out next year but I'm guessing Stalling's salary is no where near Dixon's $3.2 MM. So Pitt is following the Pirates model. Pitt will go as cheap as possible. Not really trying to win, just put a product on the court.

This is Dave Wannstadt's firing all over again. You want to make a change because Wannstadt's under performing , reached a plateau, whatever stupid reason they gave. So you don't go for the best candidate to replace him you throw out the cheapest candidate - mIKE Haywood. He'll work for $1MM where the market for a coach is $2.5 MM.

This is the same thing. Stallings is going to lose his job and Pitt hires him cheap and passes on Andy Enfield because he has the audacity to ask for what Dixon was making $3.2 MM. The fans should be livid with the Administration. This is the cheap way of doing it "The Business of College Basketball". Hell, next thing you know they'll be giving away bobblehead dolls made in China.

What an embarrassment. Now they'll send Social Media trolls like you out to promote " It's the fans fault, It's the fans fault "

Louisville is on a different planet athletically than Pitt. They're on the planet with North Carolina, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State, UCLA, USC, Florida, Clemson and every other major school - They want to win at everything all the times. Yeah, Yeah, but they're dirty. What happened to North Carolina for basically letting basketball players get degrees without attending any classes? Nothing. They'll be playing for a National Championship in a week. The NCAA is not going to do anything to them. You know why? Because if they did, UNC would lead a revolt and all the major P5 teams would form their own governing body and host their own Championship. That's why.

Pitt is like the Pirates. Just roll out a half assed product and pretend we're competing. People in Pittsburgh won't figure it out anyway.

Reactions: pantherx
He interviewed Stallings right after JD left. Why didn't he go more in depth with about 10 other guys that should have been considered, and there is no way the majority would have turned down a chance to interview?
How do you know he didn't? Why do you think these firms are hired? It is for plausible deniability that's why....Pitt doesn't look bad for getting shot down by a few people, and other coaches that were maybe interested can deny they were interested in the first place.....

Reactions: ThePanthers
Wrong. Sorry. Nice try. You're like the Administration's Magician " Look over here, not over there". Sorry, Pitt's Administration is messed up and Scott Barnes is part of it. He's knocking down $800K annually for what? Hires like Kevin Stallings for the #2 Sport at Pitt? Gallagher should have let Randy Juhl make the hire, it would have been much better.

My opinion, based on what I've read: Pitt went cheap. By all accounts Kevin Stallings was about to be fired by Vanderbilt. Obviously, he was motivated to take another P5 job at a better school athletically in the best basketball conference. We'll have to wait until the Federal Tax filings come out next year but I'm guessing Stalling's salary is no where near Dixon's $3.2 MM. So Pitt is following the Pirates model. Pitt will go as cheap as possible. Not really trying to win, just put a product on the court.

This is Dave Wannstadt's firing all over again. You want to make a change because Wannstadt's under performing , reached a plateau, whatever stupid reason they gave. So you don't go for the best candidate to replace him you throw out the cheapest candidate - mIKE Haywood. He'll work for $1MM where the market for a coach is $2.5 MM.

This is the same thing. Stallings is going to lose his job and Pitt hires him cheap and passes on Andy Enfield because he has the audacity to ask for what Dixon was making $3.2 MM. The fans should be livid with the Administration. This is the cheap way of doing it "The Business of College Basketball". Hell, next thing you know they'll be giving away bobblehead dolls made in China.

What an embarrassment. Now they'll send Social Media trolls like you out to promote " It's the fans fault, It's the fans fault "

Louisville is on a different planet athletically than Pitt. They're on the planet with North Carolina, Texas, Michigan, Ohio State, UCLA, USC, Florida, Clemson and every other major school - They want to win at everything all the times. Yeah, Yeah, but they're dirty. What happened to North Carolina for basically letting basketball players get degrees without attending any classes? Nothing. They'll be playing for a National Championship in a week. The NCAA is not going to do anything to them. You know why? Because if they did, UNC would lead a revolt and all the major P5 teams would form their own governing body and host their own Championship. That's why.

Pitt is like the Pirates. Just roll out a half assed product and pretend we're competing. People in Pittsburgh won't figure it out anyway.
At least the Pirates do not burn millions. They are cheap and make bad moves, but at least they are making $.

So now you want another new chancellor and AD? The rest of your post is basically drek

How do you know he didn't? Why do you think these firms are hired? It is for plausible deniability that's why....Pitt doesn't look bad for getting shot down by a few people, and other coaches that were maybe interested can deny they were interested in the first place.....
LOL - Sean Miller, Archie Miller, and Ben Howland all became public. So why exactly was Randy Juhl able to do a better job without a firm?

LOL - Sean Miller, Archie Miller, and Ben Howland all became public. So why exactly was Randy Juhl able to do a better job without a firm?
The only reason Sean Miller was public was because of a report by the media that he was taking the job, Archie hasn't said a word and who knows about Howland, the consensus is a rogue booster contacted him.....So try again

Let's be honest here, a lot of this crying and complaining, is backlash over the Pederson, dixon, nordy washers, lashing out. It's an agenda for some, not all of course but I know some of these posters, and read right through them.

I was all unsubstantiated media speculation. Archie Miller was never offered nor was Ben Howland. Probably did reach out to Sean Miller....doesn't much mater now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT