ADVERTISEMENT

So, now being reported

Las Panteras

All Conference
May 11, 2014
That Franklin and FSU have met.

And Franklin has issued no statement about staying at PSU.

Meanwhile Matt Campbell has signed an extension at Iowa state.

Decision should be made by the end of this week.

Anyone here still believe this is all BS?

Reactions: JWB389 and bubba31
Actually, it appears that FSU got played by all concerned. Even on their board they are resigned to Norvell. Campbell got a big extension, and reportedly Franklin's getting a big extension and as much as $100 million in facility improvements. On top of that, Kelly may end up with a raise over this. FSU has been bery, bery good to them.

Reactions: lilspainishflea

Why wouldn't he? You meet, you get a raise.

Actually, it appears that FSU got played by all concerned. Even on their board they are resigned to Norvell. Campbell got a big extension, and reportedly Franklin's getting a big extension and as much as $100 million in facility improvements. On top of that, Kelly may end up with a raise over this. FSU has been bery, bery good to them.
nothing better in the world than being a college coach (football and hoops)) and having your name mentioned with coaching vacancies.. you are basically guaranteed a raise, even if these "leaks" are BS.

Jamie Dixon and Sean Miller "pleased."

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

Gotta love the yearly coaching carousel and the mindless claims of who is going where. So in today's saga, Jimmy Franks will coach FSU AND USC. Both while staying in nitterville.

I'm sure this makes your Penn State heart all a flutter.

I've heard that elements of FSU's athletics department are a mess and that's part of the reason why Jimbo left. Seems like they were slow to modernize and professionalize, and they didn't really have to with Bobby Bowden being as successful as he was. Apparently Fisher thought it was just disorganized and chaotic.

Of course, USC athletics have had their issues as well. So has Penn State but I think of them more as crimes rather than process issues.

So, counterinuitively, PSU might actually remain the best job of those 3 at least in that respect.

I've heard that elements of FSU's athletics department are a mess and that's part of the reason why Jimbo left. Seems like they were slow to modernize and professionalize, and they didn't really have to with Bobby Bowden being as successful as he was. Apparently Fisher thought it was just disorganized and chaotic.

Of course, USC athletics have had their issues as well. So has Penn State but I think of them more as crimes rather than process issues.

So, counterinuitively, PSU might actually remain the best job of those 3 at least in that respect.
if he goes to USC he can get any kid over the country he wants and can rebuild really quickly

if he goes to USC he can get any kid over the country he wants and can rebuild really quickly

Yeah, recruiting might be slightly better at USC but he's not struggling with that at PSU - already top 15. I think winning big there is probably a bit easier, too, since there's no established OSU/Michigan-like team in the Pac-12 South. So I'm with you.

I'm just saying I've read that there are/were difficult process elements within the FSU athletics program that were outside the norm at most high-functioning programs. Whether that was a difficult culture, poor processes, or boosters with too much influence and no resources I cannot say. I think all 3 - FSU, PSU, USC - are good programs and big success can be had at any of them. I can say in my own experience that I've taken a pay cut and worked for law firms because they gave me more independence and had less toxic backstabbing that "higher" ranked firms. So I can attest to living within a culture that you feel suits you and putting that ahead of a little more money or prestige.

money being equal, what's a better job? USC, fsu, or psu?? man, i still have to say USC.
Interesting question. I'd have to say that USC has the most potential upside. Great base to recruit from plus an easier conference to win. The alumni expectations at all of these schools are high so that's a wash IMO. One question that's being overlooked....if you're going to be making $7M+, where would you rather live? Bugtussle, PA (aka State College), Tallahassee, or LA. This one's a no brainer.

Cruzer

Interesting question. I'd have to say that USC has the most potential upside. Great base to recruit from plus an easier conference to win. The alumni expectations at all of these schools are high so that's a wash IMO. One question that's being overlooked....if you're going to be making $7M+, where would you rather live? Bugtussle, PA (aka State College), Tallahassee, or LA. This one's a no brainer.

Cruzer
Check the California income tax rates, and then forget USC>

You get what you pay for. SoCal is a pretty awesome place to live. Beaches and wealth.
High taxes dont get you a beach and wealth.
The beach is there and has been for a few years regardless of taxes.
High taxes force people especially rich people to move to low tax states.

Reactions: boseman7
I honestly hopes Franklin stays at PSU forever. That snake will never have them in true contention for a CFB playoff bid let alone a championship. That sleazebag cant even win his own division let alone conference.

Reactions: W1np1tt
You get what you pay for. SoCal is a pretty awesome place to live. Beaches and wealth.
guess who broke out his Baywatch DVD collection over the weekend?

what is odd is the significant out migration from this paradise from long time Californians...(My new San Antonian brother in 2019 included)

The only downside to this -- for the coach -- is the added expectations that come with the investment.

money being equal, what's a better job? USC, fsu, or psu?? man, i still have to say USC.

First of all, make no mistake about it, all three of those jobs are phenomenal jobs! Franklin is in the catbird seat here.

However, if you look at those jobs objectively, USC is very clearly the best of those three gigs. You are in the heart of Los Angeles with dozens of four and five star athletes within 100 miles of your campus.

He would absolutely light it up on the recruiting trail there – I have no doubt about that. Now, what he would do with those four and five star recruits is a different question altogether. However, they would immediately be one of the top recruiting schools in the country every single year and there’s just no question about it.

Reactions: Las Panteras
You can have beaches and wealth in Fl, SC, NC, VA, + a few others.

Mudslides, forest fires, earthquakes, really high state taxes that suck up a lot of income.
Agree but you cant touch that weather on the east coast. On the east coast all you are doing is changing heat for cold moving north or south you still have 4 months of uncomfortable weather it just either too hot or too cold or you can be in nc where its two months of two hot weather and 2 of to cold. But your going to have 4 crappy months. Sc is nice pretty much year around. Of course you have massive taxes,crime and natural disasters(fire and earthquakes).

First of all, make no mistake about it, all three of those jobs are phenomenal jobs! Franklin is in the catbird seat here.

However, if you look at those jobs objectively, USC is very clearly the best of those three gigs. You are in the heart of Los Angeles with dozens of four and five star athletes within 100 miles of your campus.

He would absolutely light it up on the recruiting trail there – I have no doubt about that. Now, what he would do with those four and five star recruits is a different question altogether. However, they would immediately be one of the top recruiting schools in the country every single year and there’s just no question about it.
Agree usc is the best job. Probably the best recruiting and there isnt a massive powerhouse program to overcome.

I honestly hopes Franklin stays at PSU forever. That snake will never have them in true contention for a CFB playoff bid let alone a championship. That sleazebag cant even win his own division let alone conference.

Umm, what? He’s already won his division, and won his conference. And his teams been in the playoff conversation 3 of the last 4 years. I don’t know if they’ll ever take that next step, but they’re certainly knocking on the door.

All 3 are top 10 gigs in CFB. If all 3 offered the same salary, I’d give the edge to USC. Like others mentioned, recruiting is easier, path to a title is easier, and weather is better.

USC > PSU > FSU

I thought this was all bs until I read your message. If a PSU is saying this and attempting spin then for sure must be true to Franklin going to FSU

All 3 are top 10 gigs in CFB. If all 3 offered the same salary, I’d give the edge to USC. Like others mentioned, recruiting is easier, path to a title is easier, and weather is better.

USC > PSU > FSU
Usc,>fsu>psu.

Fsu has won two titles since PSU has better recruiting area and arguably a easier path.

I would argue FSU is the better job if they can tighten up the athletic department and work on facilities a little. Better fan base than the other two, only game on town, can pay big $$$.

I think Norvell would be a good fit for them.

The PS BoT compensation committee called a meeting for Friday morning to sign off Franklin’s extension, staff budgets and facilities improvements.

Guess he will be at PS another 5 years

The PS BoT compensation committee called a meeting for Friday morning to sign off Franklin’s extension, staff budgets and facilities improvements.

Guess he will be at PS another 5 years
The PS BOT would be crucified if they did not support anything related to PS football, so that comes as no surprise. When they took a stand against the HC who enabled a pedophile they were attacked viciously.

Reactions: Large Panther

Yes, it is BS.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT