ADVERTISEMENT

Softball Commits

mike412

Head Coach
Gold Member
Jul 1, 2001
Santa Monica, CA
Pitt has three recent softball commits:

Macy Hamilton is an OF from Texas. She is only 5’2, but has played on some high-quality traveling teams. The two sites that I saw both have her rated among the top 80 OF prospects and top 250 overall prospects. I suspect her height kept some schools from recruiting her.

Sandra Soltes is a C from Bethel Park. She hit 13 HRs including 5 Grand Slams in the shortened season. She was first team 6A All State. She plays for the PA Strikers traveling team.

Shelby Frazier, a SS from the Houston area, is the third commit. She plays for the Texas Bombers and had 17 HRs in the shortened season. She is 5’10.

Soltes has been to every Pitt camp since she was in 6th grade. Pretty awesome to see them grab a kid that’s going to truly bleed Blue and Gold.

Hamilton is interesting. I like her swing, but in the game films she’s mostly slapping (and doesn’t seem particularly fast). But to be rated that high, obviously there’s something about her.

Personally, I hate slap hitters. I saw that she even went to a camp especially for slap hitting. But, I didn’t see an excess of that in the game films I saw. Maybe I didn’t watch the right ones.

Last edited:
Reactions: TJFAIRLIE
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT