ADVERTISEMENT

Some Positives

pittbb80

Chancellor
Oct 9, 2004
I don't think any rational Pitt fan thought they'd win today. Going to. To the game they looked awful in every aspect of the game and I didn't think they'd win more tha four games. However despite the loss I think there were a few bright spots

Cisindering the level of competition and playing away I thought the D generally acquitted themselves well. Secondary seems better and the DL looks good and should get better

I thought the OL and running game came around and played well

And hopefully they sit the statue Max Sunseri and use denucci. He showed some Moxi and made a few nice passes. With his mobility that should open things up

The receivers need to step up and catch the freaking ball. OSU should be another interesting test

The running game was impressive, especially Ollison. Very encouraging when you consider that Penn State's defense didn't have to worry about the pass.

Offensive line was decent and I will cut them some slack in pass protection. It is easy for a defense to go into attack mode when the QB has no pocket presence and can't move.

Our punter and kicker played well today.

Defense played quite well. Sure they had a few breakdowns, but with all of this talent Penn State had, they only allowed three long touchdown drives and one of those was the result of a bad one-on-one matchup against Barkley. that can be placed on the coaches. I expected Penn State to do a lot more on offense. Then again, it helps when Franklin takes the ball out of Barkley's hands.

Worth remark that if not for Browne's really, really bad start to the game, Pitt was in it. Pitt was in it anyway most of the way. Really surprised how hot and cold psu is as a team. That is going to cost them down the line.

The running game was impressive, especially Ollison. Very encouraging when you consider that Penn State's defense didn't have to worry about the pass.

Offensive line was decent and I will cut them some slack in pass protection. It is easy for a defense to go into attack mode when the QB has no pocket presence and can't move.

Our punter and kicker played well today.

Defense played quite well. Sure they had a few breakdowns, but with all of this talent Penn State had, they only allowed three long touchdown drives and one of those was the result of a bad one-on-one matchup against Barkley. that can be placed on the coaches. I expected Penn State to do a lot more on offense. Then again, it helps when Franklin takes the ball out of Barkley's hands.
The defensive players aren't great but were resilient and tackled solidly (mostly). Kept small gains from blowing up into big plays.

The only positive is I almost nailed the score again.
Was off by 1 pt last week and 2 this week.
Also mentioned DiNucci would get in, but way too late.
Maybe I need to start betting.

Reactions: Sarge25
The running game was impressive. PSU had almost no need to defend beyond 3 yards of the los and we still blocked plays well.

The D showed some heart. They aren't real talented or athletic and the scheme is criminally incompetent but they tackled well.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
The only positive is I almost nailed the score again.
Was off by 1 pt last week and 2 this week.
Also mentioned DiNucci would get in, but way too late.
Maybe I need to start betting.

Excellent middle opportunity presented itself as PSU could've been had as low as -17 at one point and Pitt was as high as +22.5.

Secondary was mostly solid today. Garner is a stud. Briggs not so much. Hopefully, Whitehead replaces him, not Garner when he's back.

Linebackers played well. The trio looked quicker than what we've seen in the past, and some nice tackling as well.

OL played well, except for JJS, whose lack of quickness cost him and the team.

It'll be interesting to see the young D develop as the year goes by. There were enough positives today to be encouraged for the future.

Worth remark that if not for Browne's really, really bad start to the game, Pitt was in it. Pitt was in it anyway most of the way. Really surprised how hot and cold psu is as a team. That is going to cost them down the line.
I don't think PSU is a top 10 team. They are good and are probably a top 15 team, but they aren't great on either line. Pitt pretty much won the LOS battle again this year but this year there was no Peterman or Connor. Also PSU didn't turn it over unlike last year(the pick at the end of the half doesn't count) and Pitt did. I thought overall there were some positives. I thought the coaching was good. The OL and RB's did pretty well. Weah had some good runs after the catch. D overall was pretty good(really only gave up 24 points) this D will be pretty good next year. They are pretty young.

Weah is pretty damn good, so is Ollison, really like the way he runs. Kid looks like an NFL back. Your D tackles well in open space, especially the little guy, can't remember his name.

Good luck the rest of the way and see you next year.

Weah is pretty damn good, so is Ollison, really like the way he runs. Kid looks like an NFL back. Your D tackles well in open space, especially the little guy, can't remember his name.

Good luck the rest of the way and see you next year.
Weah isn't consistent enough to be good. Have to catch the damn ball

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT