ADVERTISEMENT

State of the program: What say you?

How do you prefer the program moves forward?

• Keep Narduzzi and the coaching staff intact

Votes: 18 11.4%
  • Keep Narduzzi, but make changes to the coaching staff (e.g. coordinator)

Votes: 115 72.8%
  • Move on from Narduzzi; hire a new head coach

Votes: 25 15.8%

• Total voters
At least Narduzzi hasn't went in front of the press and claimed that fans critical of him have been sending him & his team death threats.

Ooooo, what a burn.

Maybe when you talk to the people who understand football you can find out if any of them are the least bit witty as well.

Yes we are all wittier than you.

Hey, keep being on the loser side. Love you got throttled in this thread.

Well you aren't. That's obvious. But it certainly is possible that one of your friends is.

I mean you understand that most people here find the first part of your handle to be the perfect description of you, right?

Hey, keep being on the loser side. Love you got throttled in this thread.

You two are getting boring, get a room.

Obviously the vast majority of posters here lick the direction with Narduzzi. Honestly is we can get Malzahn (sp??) I’d be ok even with replacing Narduzzi despite me loving the defense

What, to point out the facts to you? OK, but so far it doesn't seem to be working. Because you are obviously happy with mediocrity.

Recruit mediocrity, you get mediocrity. Pitt admin made the clear decision in 80s that they would no longer be all in when it comes to trying to be an elite program.

If you can't recruit consistent Top 15 type classes, you have no chance of being anything other than mediocre.

Look at Pitt's resources and fundraising. It's not even mediocre. It's piss poor for a P5 program. It's been almost 40 years since Pitt has been truly relevant. We are going to roll out a mediocre roster every year. Why would I expect anything more than mediocrity? At least Pitt gives me a team that plays hard, fights through adversity, and doesn't quit. You go into almost every game thinking you will compete and be around in the 4th qtr with a chance to win. That's more than most programs can say, so I'm happy with that part of the program anyway. Modern day Pitt football is what it is & I've learned to live with it. It's more fun this way. Besides, It's not going to change.

Reactions: JSSTartan
Well you aren't. That's obvious. But it certainly is possible that one of your friends is.

I mean you understand that most people here find the first part of your handle to be the perfect description of you, right?

Yeah I love jokes. That’s why I’m conversing with you.
Look you have 30000 posts of negative, stupid crap on here. It’s beyond pathetic. Sorry your life sucks so bad, sorry your opinions suck so bad. Maybe change?

Look you have 30000 posts of negative, stupid crap on here. It’s beyond pathetic. Sorry your life sucks so bad, sorry your opinions suck so bad. Maybe change?

I'm not sure I could be paid a much higher compliment on this board than for someone like you to disagree with me and think I need to change. If that isn't proof that someone is doing something right nothing is.

I'm not sure I could be paid a much higher compliment on this board than for someone like you to disagree with me and think I need to change. If that isn't proof that someone is doing something right nothing is.

Yeah, because you are daft. You are embarrassing.

Hmmm.... Maybe if it's been 42 years, i0t might not be Narduzzi. Just a thought.

What big time coach do you have in mind? Can we have some names?

Until Pitt morphs into a school that can recruit Top 15 type classes consistently, they are going to be stuck in that 5 to 9 win range.
Hmmm.... Maybe if it's been 42 years, i0t might not be Narduzzi. Just a thought.

What big time coach do you have in mind? Can we have some names?

Until Pitt morphs into a school that can recruit Top 15 type classes consistently, they are going to be stuck in that 5 to 9 win range.
Well for all those years it might not have been Narduzzi, but it does seem that he's a clone of previous coaches, where 7 - 6 or 6 - 6 is ok, and I guess some fans like you are happy with that, and you guys are happy with mediocrity, well ,some of us are not. Just like the pre season expectations for this team this year, and we see how that went, as of coaches, how about Luke Fickell, Cincinnati is 8 - 0 and will not make the playoffs over teams with one loss, just because of the conference they are in and who they play, if he can recruit and coach at a place like Pitt he will have a better chance of the playoffs, you just never know until you try, try thinking a litter bigger. (Who knows this is a pretty good recruiting class that Narduzzi has going after 6 years and maybe that's of what's to come, hopefully it is, I wold love to see Narduzzi build this program, we will see)

If you have a losing record in year 3 at Florida and get fired, then you aren’t a good HC. He was 3-3 this year and got blasted by Ball State. He looked like a deer in headlights on the sidelines. He is the equivalent to Ron Zook and Will Muschamp. Pitt better hire someone better than him if they want to make a change and get somewhere.

LMAO 😂 He built 2 near dead programs. Are you related to him or his agent? There might be 5 people on the planet that believe that and you are one of them.
Do your homework before you run your mouth, slappy. How were CSU and CMU when McElwain arrived at each? Matter of fact take a look at CSU the 10 seasons before McElwain got there. How was CSU when he left it? How did he do at CMU which was coming off a 1-11 season and was possibly the worst team in D1?

McElwain won 19 games and two SEC East titles his first two seasons at Florida. At Pitt that would get him a lifetime extension and a statue at Heinz Field regardless of what happens in season 3. he never fit in at Florida, and had a rocky relationship with his bosses and some big boosters from Day 1. The death threats fiasco was the last straw, more so than the losses that year.

I'm not saying Pitt should hire McElwain. I'm simply saying he's a better head coach than Narduzzi by way of actual on-field accomplishments, and it's not even close. COY in the Mountain West, SEC and MAC. Why don't you give us a list of Narduzzi's signature achievements as a head coach? You can rub your "2018 ACC Coastal Champs 7-5" foam-front trucker hat while you're thinking about that.

I'm also saying Narduzzi is not a good head coach, as he has proven over his 6 years at Pitt. Pitt hired a guy with zero head coaching experience and gambled that he would be able to take the program up a notch. They lost. After 6 seasons it's no better than it has been most of the past 30 years. As I posted previously, I'm yet to see a post identifying one single merit-based reason to keep him.

A6CDAD0A-3D2F-4F8E-9F94-705A947F0874.jpeg

Reactions: sherepower
Butch Jones went 21-3 in conference at CMU.

McElwain's tenure at Florida was a disaster. His recruiting was terrible by Florida standards and his offende was beyond abysmal for his entire tenure. Not to mention, the SEC East was a joke when he was there and Florida is one of the easiest sells in college football.

At least Ron Zook, who was canned with a similar record, left UF stocked for the next guy.

Recruit mediocrity, you get mediocrity. Pitt admin made the clear decision in 80s that they would no longer be all in when it comes to trying to be an elite program.

If you can't recruit consistent Top 15 type classes, you have no chance of being anything other than mediocre.

Look at Pitt's resources and fundraising. It's not even mediocre. It's piss poor for a P5 program. It's been almost 40 years since Pitt has been truly relevant. We are going to roll out a mediocre roster every year. Why would I expect anything more than mediocrity? At least Pitt gives me a team that plays hard, fights through adversity, and doesn't quit. You go into almost every game thinking you will compete and be around in the 4th qtr with a chance to win. That's more than most programs can say, so I'm happy with that part of the program anyway. Modern day Pitt football is what it is & I've learned to live with it. It's more fun this way. Besides, It's not going to change.
I’d settle for inconsistent top 15 classes...I’d settle for “a” top 15 recruiting class

Reactions: HailToPitt725
Does it really matter what Pitt fans think. It only matters to about 5 boosters. The whales at Pitt. They are the ones that would pay for the buyout. They all don’t want to bail Heather out. Many don’t like her. They all would want a say with the replacement. The Pitt administration is fine with mediocrity as long as no scandal. They are going to receive $30 million from the ACC every year if they win one game or ten. They will still have 25-30k sheep show up for every home game. And their football donations are practically non existent to begin with. Narduzzi ain’t going nowhere.

Does it really matter what Pitt fans think. It only matters to about 5 boosters. The whales at Pitt. They are the ones that would pay for the buyout. They all don’t want to bail Heather out. Many don’t like her. They all would want a say with the replacement. The Pitt administration is fine with mediocrity as long as no scandal. They are going to receive $30 million from the ACC every year if they win one game or ten. They will still have 25-30k sheep show up for every home game. And their football donations are practically non existent to begin with. Narduzzi ain’t going nowhere.
Since you know what all 5 whales think. Who would they want as the HC?

You bring up an interesting point that I want to ask about.

Let’s say we won the two one-point games, went 8-3, and still lost the same games to Clemson, Notre Dame, and Miami. Considering how non-competitive we were in two of them, would that even be OK still?

I’d like to think of eight wins as showing progress that we’re getting closer to competing with the conference’s top tier and not just the actual goal.
We didn’t win any games we were supposed to lose and lost 2 we were supposed to win. What hurts about the 2 losses is that we had our best QB playing.
The year was disappointing but still had some upside. It’s up to PN to improve his performance.

Easy to ignore.

Butch Jones went 21-3 in conference at CMU.

McElwain's tenure at Florida was a disaster. His recruiting was terrible by Florida standards and his offende was beyond abysmal for his entire tenure. Not to mention, the SEC East was a joke when he was there and Florida is one of the easiest sells in college football.

At least Ron Zook, who was canned with a similar record, left UF stocked for the next guy.
Butch Jones was handed the keys to the program that Brian Kelly built--at both CMU and Cinci. McElwain was handed the keys to a burning building at CMU and CSU. he only had two of his own full recruiting classes at U of F--the 2016 class (ranked #14 nationally) and the 2017 class (ranked #9 nationally). Kyle Trask and Felipe Franks were in that 2016 class. The 2016 and 17 classes are the guys that make up the bulk of Dan Mullen's starters today. But those were "disasters"
in your mind, right?

His offense was bad at U of F, no doubt. With the exception of one year and one coordinator, Narduzzi's offenses have been putrid. You ridicule the SEC east? Well how about the ACC Coastal? One of the weakest, if not the weakest, divisions in P5 year in year out. Any team with a pulse has a shot at it winning it every year. you don't have to be any good to make the ACC championship game, you just have to hae a pulse and be in the Coastal.

We can play this game all day, but you and Narduzzi lose every time.

14 & 9 are mediocre classes by Florida standards. Those type of recruiting classes alone are enough to turn the fan base sour on a coach.

And if you have watched Florida play this year, you know they aren't very good. They are going to get trucked by Bama Saturday. (Stripped of their dignity on national TV)

People keep pretending like 2020 was a weird year, but it wasn’t. That’s the problem. It was every year under Narduzzi.
Dumb penalties.
Dumb game decisions.
Close games against teams that we should be better than, resulting in coin flip results.
Horrible offensive system.
Too many units with woeful talent.

There’s a reason why South Carolina moved on from Muschamp. Because this wasn’t a weird year for South Carolina. And it wasn’t a weird year for us.

And now people want Narduzzi to hire his 3rd OC in 5 years? Spot the problem there.
Well said!! Keep in mind Narduzzi himself said this is the best team he has had. On both sides of the ball. He had 17 starters coming back and a 3 year starting QB who has NFL potential.

Yet, the guy only won 6 games. Give him next year. If the team is mediocre or below average. He got to go.

He has much much more support from the University than Walt, Wanny, Chryst and Graham. Both in staff and recruiting budget. Plus, he makes 4 million a year.

Well said!! Keep in mind Narduzzi himself said this is the best team he has had. On both sides of the ball. He had 17 starters coming back and a 3 year starting QB who has NFL potential.

Yet, the guy only won 6 games. Give him next year. If the team is mediocre or below average. He got to go.

He has much much more support from the University than Walt, Wanny, Chryst and Graham. Both in staff and recruiting budget. Plus, he makes 4 million a year.

I agree! Support there for him

Reactions: HailToPitt725
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT