ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers, Big Ben n Del

why do you give ben the credit for the super bowls when his numbers wouldn't get the steelers to the playoffs without that elite defense?

Simple, in the two Super Bowl winning seasons, even if he doesn't play a snap in the regular season his performances in the post season are still what won those post seasons. Defense didn't beat the Colts in '05, running out to a 3 TD lead passing the ball did. Defense didn't win Super Bowl XLIII, having a QB able to orchestrate the final winning drive, and put that pass right on Santonio did. You're totally unfair, because you are just a hater who doesn't want to give credit because you can't separate game performance from how you feel about a person.

Good thing that Patriots DB intercepted that ball at the goal line or Brady loses a Super Bowl vs. Seattle.

Good thing the Seahawks threw a pass that was intercepted at the goal line or Brady loses a Super Bowl vs. Seattle.

Good thing the Patriots Defense shuts down "The Greatest Show on Turf"' or Brady loses a Super Bowl.

Good thing Adam Venatieri hits those 45+ FGs at the end of those two Super Bowls that Brady couldn't close out or maybe Brady is 2-5 in Super Bowls.

Simple, in the two Super Bowl winning seasons, even if he doesn't play a snap in the regular season his performances in the post season are still what won those post seasons. Defense didn't beat the Colts in '05, running out to a 3 TD lead passing the ball did. Defense didn't win Super Bowl XLIII, having a QB able to orchestrate the final winning drive, and put that pass right on Santonio did. You're totally unfair, because you are just a hater who doesn't want to give credit because you can't separate game performance from how you feel about a person.

the difference between ben and your brady examples is brady had mvp caliber regular seasons and MVP caliber super bowl performances, even if the patriots lost those super bowls brady was still great in those super bowls, you can't say the same about ben

the steelers defense held that colts offense in 2005 to 18 points, one of those touchdowns came after bogus call when polamalu clearly intercepted manning, and you say the steelers defense didn't win that game? yeah ben was good in that game but it was not some amazing performance where he "carried" them, yeah he made that tackle but that was after the defense shut down the colts at the 5 yard line with the game on the line

his horrendous super bowl xl performance would've lost them the game if not for the defense and what some would argue favorable calls from the refs, he had the one great drive against a cardinals team that is arguably the worst super bowl team in decades and santonio caught every pass, he had the same opportunity against the packers and couldn't even complete a pass without santonio

i am not unfair at all, but no i don't like him as a person, i don't know any person that has met him that actually likes him

i don't like barry bonds either, i think he's the best baseball player i ever saw

They can have the individual success, I'll take BEN WHO IS A FAT HEAD AND WHO SUCKS and take the WINS, and then before you know it, he'll be in the HALL OF FAME and have the individual recognition too.

Ben has done more than all of those others in terms of team success and he's carried the team enough for it to be easy to conclude that if he wasn't on the team THEY LOSE Super Bowl XLIII and fail in the playoffs and don't even reach Super Bowl XL, but yeah, he sucks, everyone else is great.
Those wins are now very dated.. He's just average now as a whole and a bum in the redzone

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT