ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers, Big Ben n Del

No, it's just not their "way".

You're just an idiot with your FATHEAD hate posts. If you really like the Steelers and really understand the NFL, you'll be savoring the last days of good football until Ben leaves and the bottom drops out.
See ya, Fathead . Don't let the door hit you in the Kiester on the way out. Most over rated QB in the history of the NFL... n

If he doesn't retire they should resign everybody and bring in top free agents at positions of need and blow out the salary cap! Who cares, they're going to suck after he's gone either way, THE FUTURE IS NOW!

Sadly, the DuMFuK Rooneys aren't smart enough to think that way.
Heard they are supposed to have a record amount of cap this year. If they're ever going to do it, it's this year. Should've gone out of their way to get Weddle and Norman last offseason when they were linked to them.

There was also something that leaked saying Steelers are concerned Antonio Brown's personal goals are getting in the way of his team goals. Considering he has one year left, what are you suppose to make of that???

Maybe it's the opposite, maybe ben doesn't care if they're "locker room" leaders but just wants to keep them purely for their talent on the field.

There was also something that leaked saying Steelers are concerned Antonio Brown's personal goals are getting in the way of his team goals. Considering he has one year left, what are you suppose to make of that???

I think Ben comes back, but he's clearly mad about the BS in the locker room. He grew up with leaders like Hines and Bettis and instead he's stuck with Bell and Brown who work hard but are not what you call a locker room leader.
He also acted like a jackass most of his career. What goesk around comes around....

It's going to be great with Landry Jones and maybe some good character receivers catching 30 balls for 9yards/catch and 2 TDs, that 5-11 with great locker room leadership is going to feel real good! Finally! Maybe they can livestream a team prayer! No we're talking!

It is always exciting to watch a franchise draft a QB in the1st or 2nd round though. Bet the Steelers do that this year or next now.

Only problem with this draft is that they're isn't too many good quarterbacks in this draft. What they need to do is draft Patrick Maholmes in the mid rounds, see if he's anything good, and then trade up next year to get Sam Darnold or one of the other top prospects.

Reactions: JohnnyGossamer
How big and idiot does he have to be to accuse his teammates of immature and/or conduct detrimental to the team given his checkered past? He's a dope on and off the field.

They also have a better chance to win with him, than without him.

They also have a better chance to win with him, than without him.
I don't disagree with that statement at all but that doesn't preclude me from criticizing his play , whether it be in one game,one season or over his entire career.

I don't disagree with that statement at all but that doesn't preclude me from criticizing his play , whether it be in one game,one season or over his entire career.

As long as you admit that it will be near impossible to get QB play even at his level any time soon.

As long as you admit that it will be near impossible to get QB play even at his level any time soon.
The pipeline of pro style QBs from college to the nfl has been poor recently. Can't say much more than that. It's never easy replacing a long tenured starting QB no matter the team.

Radiohead opinions regarding Big Ben's candor were all over the place.
Madden was emphatic that Ben was sending a message to Tomlin and the organ-I-zation; Starkey and Mueller said about the same but acknowledged the Diva at Work. This AM, the Fan crew insisted that a 35-yo QB had the right to muse about his future, and that any messages or melodrama notion was off base.

The cynic in me thinks that the Hot Line rang at 93.7 late last night, and the voice on the South Side at the other end warned, Back off the Message Talk.

Everything Ben does is calculated.

Radiohead opinions regarding Big Ben's candor were all over the place.
Madden was emphatic that Ben was sending a message to Tomlin and the organ-I-zation; Starkey and Mueller said about the same but acknowledged the Diva at Work. This AM, the Fan crew insisted that a 35-yo QB had the right to muse about his future, and that any messages or melodrama notion was off base.

The cynic in me thinks that the Hot Line rang at 93.7 late last night, and the voice on the South Side at the other end warned, Back off the Message Talk.

Everything Ben does is calculated.

It would make me very happy if he was threatening the Rooneys and Tomlin with actual ultimatums behind the scenes, LOAD UP THE ROSTER FOR A SUPER BOWL RUN NOW or I retire now. I would be absolutely ecstatic if I found out he was ding that.

when you have one foot out the door, perhaps he should just retire altogether

if his heart isn't truly in it how can he play his best? if you guys know you are leaving a job do you still do your best?

though he may just be talking about retirement to force the steelers to make some moves

he is not irreplaceable, the team never did well without clicking on all cylinders it was never him carrying them

the steelers are a good organization and he benefited greatly from that, if he ended up in indianapolis his career would look a lot like andrew luck's right now

Yeah I wish he would try to mess with the Rooneys. After they put up with all his bullshit for years. You all complaining about Brown and how Ben is disapponted in him. Are you all serious? Ben is anfew years from riding that motorcycle and 2 accusations of rap. And now you all acting like Brown is bad for the team?

Much ado about nothing. Chances of him retiring are same as Blutarsky's GPA, 0.0

He's been a good QB. He hasn't ever carried the Steelers. He's always been too erratic to be the kind of bellweather QB who can carry a team over an entire season. The more he throws, the more mistakes he makes.
He's often carried the team, 2005 playoffs he lifted the team on his back unilaterally and carried them himself with his passing game to the Super Bowl, he even saved FATBOY Bettis with a game saving tackle when he had positioned himself to be an all time goat! He carried the team to victory himself in Super Bowl XLVIII in the final 2 minutes, if he had never joined the team, they'd still be selling "One for the Thumb" t shirts.

Yeah sure the Rooneys are cheap. Demand they spend money. They only have 6 tropheys. Its their team not Ben's they can spend anyway they want. Man some of you need to stop.

Except games like ...

40-49-522-6-0
25-37-340-6-0
29-46-503-3-0

Just to name a few
Gaudy stats from individual games mean nothing. I can give you stats from individual games over Ben's entire career when he was horrible- dumb throws, terrible interceptions and fumbles resulting from his holding on to the ball too long and all these issues persisted even this year in a number of games. When the Steelers have been great they have had very good defenses and a running game Ben could lean on. He's good but he's not great and he's been a second tier QB his entire career. I admit, however, he has played a portion of his career in which there have been some great QBs.

There's no use talking about it.

You think Ben is just a mediocre player who was lucky to be on a good team.

I think he's the 2nd most important player in Steelers History after Mean Joe and the catalyst for the 2nd Super Bowl Era.

So we'll never agree.

Reactions: PittPanther44
You're so wrong, as soon as he goes 11-5 becomes 5-11, write it down. He carried them enough, they don't win the 2005 AFC playoff games without him. At the end of Super Bowl XLIII you hand Kordell and Bettis the ball at their own 18 with 2:43 left needing a TD YOU LOSE, Think of all the 2 minute drill drives for points and wins.... THOSE ARE GONE. In the NFL QB>Organization. If you think he leaves and we plug in a Landry Jones or a Mettenberger and they are still contending, you're an idiot.

three 8 - 8 seasons with ben, i remember charlie batch winning a lot of games with the steelers, which is another thing he can't stay healthy

he had 17 touchdowns and 9 interceptions in the 2005 season, if the defense wasn't great they wouldn't have made the playoffs that year with numbers like that, he has never thrown for more than 3 touchdowns in a playoff game oh and 2005 was more than a decade ago, look at his playoff numbers since then

2008 17 touchdowns and 15 interceptions again they miss the playoffs that season if not for an elite defense, those are putrid numbers for an "elite" quarterback

never said plug in jones and mettenberger, you are resorting to extremes to defend your hero quarterback, he is and always was overrated because of those super bowls won with defense

Reactions: Delpanther
There's no use talking about it.

You think Ben is just a mediocre player who was lucky to be on a good team.

I think he's the 2nd most important player in Steelers History after Mean Joe and the catalyst for the 2nd Super Bowl Era.

So we'll never agree.

troy polamalu was the 2nd most important player ever

they were an elite defense when he was at his best, they missed the playoffs in 2009 when he was hurt in between super bowl appearances and the defense took years to recover after he declined

troy polamalu was the 2nd most important player ever

they were an elite defense when he was at his best, they missed the playoffs in 2009 when he was hurt in between super bowl appearances and the defense took years to recover after he declined
NO, YOU'RE WRONG! You'll see soon.

NO, YOU'RE WRONG! You'll see soon.

how am i wrong? it took the steelers 6 years to win a playoff game they deserved to win after troy went downhill, 5 if you really want to count the game the bengals handed to them

i'll see soon? i've already seen it, why haven't you? ben is highly overrated and being better than landry jones doesn't make me think otherwise

how am i wrong? it took the steelers 6 years to win a playoff game they deserved to win after troy went downhill, 5 if you really want to count the game the bengals handed to them

i'll see soon? i've already seen it, why haven't you? ben is highly overrated and being better than landry jones doesn't make me think otherwise

No QB can win by himself. Drew Brees is putting up monster numbers and NO is 7-9 3 of the last 4 years. Manning has done way less than Ben with NYG. Your God Rodgers has had less post season success than Ben, BEN>TROY, they would have won those two Super Bowls without Troy, they'd still be selling "One for the Thumb" t shirts without Ben.

They should retire #7, without him, they'd be bragging about the '70s still.

chick in the bathroom was your sister, wasn't she?
Nah, I just know a diva and overrated QB when I see one. Couldn't run a QB sneak from the one foot line against the Patriots because he's a clumsy and fragile little sissy who gets his big clown feet all tangled up when he moves. Get a skirt and boot for Fathead!

No QB can win by himself. Drew Brees is putting up monster numbers and NO is 7-9 3 of the last 4 years. Manning has done way less than Ben with NYG. Your God Rodgers has had less post season success than Ben, BEN>TROY, they would have won those two Super Bowls without Troy, they'd still be selling "One for the Thumb" t shirts without Ben.

how does ben have more post season success? more wins yeah but not better as an individual not even close

rodgers has a super bowl mvp, ben has zero and rodgers beat ben in the super bowl while ben had the higher ranked defense

are you arguing ben is better than rodgers? i sure hope not, that's like arguing his wife from new castle is better looking than olivia munn

manning two time super bowl mvp, and the patriots were far better than the cards and seahawks

troy is a much better safety than ben is a qb, the steelers missed the playoffs without troy in 2009 and missed when he declined in 2011 and 2012, the defense has still not recovered since his decline

they'd still be selling one for the thumb shirts if ben wasn't carried by the defense in the 2005 and 2008 seasons, did you conveniently ignore the numbers i posted?

Reactions: h2p_5150
chick in the bathroom was your sister, wasn't she?

if she was your sister do you think you would defend him this much?

that's another problem i have with him, people are depending on a guy like that to be a leader why on earth would anybody expect immature guys like bell, bryant, and brown to listen to him?

how does ben have more post season success? more wins yeah but not better as an individual not even close

They can have the individual success, I'll take BEN WHO IS A FAT HEAD AND WHO SUCKS and take the WINS, and then before you know it, he'll be in the HALL OF FAME and have the individual recognition too.

Ben has done more than all of those others in terms of team success and he's carried the team enough for it to be easy to conclude that if he wasn't on the team THEY LOSE Super Bowl XLIII and fail in the playoffs and don't even reach Super Bowl XL, but yeah, he sucks, everyone else is great.

if she was your sister do you think you would defend him this much?

that's another problem i have with him, people are depending on a guy like that to be a leader why on earth would anybody expect immature guys like bell, bryant, and brown to listen to him?
huh? the only thing anyone is defending is his ability as a football player...guy has been in three super bowls and won two and is a sure fire hall of famer...

They can have the individual success, I'll take BEN WHO IS A FAT HEAD AND WHO SUCKS and take the WINS, and then before you know it, he'll be in the HALL OF FAME and have the individual recognition too.

Ben has done more than all of those others in terms of team success and he's carried the team enough for it to be easy to conclude that if he wasn't on the team THEY LOSE Super Bowl XLIII and fail in the playoffs and don't even reach Super Bowl XL, but yeah, he sucks, everyone else is great.

when was the last time ben had one of those wins you give him so much credit for? i'll answer 8 years ago today, good thing harrison returned that int 100 yards

good thing he had santonio too, he caught every pass on that drive, might explain why ben couldn't move the ball on the final drive against the packers

why do you give ben the credit for the super bowls when his numbers wouldn't get the steelers to the playoffs without that elite defense?

are you arguing the numbers i posted are good numbers?

huh? the only thing anyone is defending is his ability as a football player...guy has been in three super bowls and won two and is a sure fire hall of famer...

what do you mean huh? you're the one that brought up the bathroom incident

he has no business being in the hall of fame

I totally separate anything on and off the field with sterile, clinical, emotionless detachment, I couldn't give a crap what happened there, Ben "may have" assaulted her, or she may have been a DTF gold digging slut out for a pay day, I don't know the facts and DON'T CARE.

ok just realize you are a horrible person

that is not debatable

when was the last time ben had one of those wins you give him so much credit for? i'll answer 8 years ago today

The Hall of Fame is ABOUT THE PAST, so it doesn't matter.

Joe Namath is in the Hall of Fame for just ONE post season that was maybe 8 years before he retired as a broken down bum.

Last edited:
good thing harrison returned that int 100 yards

Good thing that Patriots DB intercepted that ball at the goal line or Brady loses a Super Bowl vs. Seattle.

Good thing the Seahawks threw a pass that was intercepted at the goal line or Brady loses a Super Bowl vs. Seattle.

Good thing the Patriots Defense shuts down "The Greatest Show on Turf"' or Brady loses a Super Bowl.

Good thing Adam Venatieri hits those 45+ FGs at the end of those two Super Bowls that Brady couldn't close out or maybe Brady is 2-5 in Super Bowls.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT