ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers Place James Conner Into Concussion Protocol

I’m sorry, but I don’t care for this announcing crew. Should’ve picked up Brad Nessler and someone like Charles Davis as the color guy. Would’ve been a good duo instead of these guys talking over each other stating the obvious.

Reactions: DiehardPanther
This D isn't good so it could still be a competitive 2nd half... but this 1st half shows a big diff with the two Pittsburgh football teams. One usually typically bounces back from adversity and the other, well...

Reactions: Jakey_John
I’m sorry, but I don’t care for this announcing crew. Should’ve picked up Brad Nessler and someone like Charles Davis as the color guy. Would’ve been a good duo instead of these guys talking over each other stating the obvious.
Agreed. They are horrible. Tessitore belongs on an 11PM MWC Game on ESPN Ochocinco.

Reactions: HailToPitt725
When did the MNF broadcast get so bad? This is the worst crap I've ever heard.
I’ve been at chilly
Pretty sure steroids don’t work on height.
Hulk lost some height due getting older and back surgeries, he also was never 6' 8" his wrestling boots had inch high soles and he wore lifts.

I switched over the the Spanish feed on ESPN2 due to the MNF crew being so bad.

And finally PITT football gets some free national advertising when the announcer said Conner the 2nd year RB from PITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as ran the ball at the end of the game!

They mentioned Whitehead a few times but not that he's from PITT.

Mrs Buffett mentioned this.
I wonder if an innovative communications team at PITT sends the network announcers a "cheat sheet" that PITT has teamates, two young high potential players on the field Conner and Whitehead so be sure to mention them and PITT during your broadcast. It would give them a story to follow during the game.

My guess is PITT doesn't do this?

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
And finally PITT football gets some free national advertising when the announcer said Conner the 2nd year RB from PITT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! as he scored at the end of the game!

They mentioned Whitehead a few times but not that he's from PITT.

I wonder if a innovative communications team at PITT could send the network announcers a "cheat sheet" that PITT has two young high potential players on the field Conner and Whitehead so be sure to mention that during your broadcast.
I actually imagine Pitt is savvy enough to do this. I'm sure other U's do as well (I think I saw TB has a starter from Shippensburg???... imagine that is a big deal there). The networks likely keep that stuff at arms distance and work some of it in when appropriate.

Reactions: BuffetParrothead
I actually imagine Pitt is savvy enough to do this. I'm sure other U's do as well (I think I saw TB has a starter from Shippensburg???... imagine that is a big deal there). The networks likely keep that stuff at arms distance and work some of it in when appropriate.

Lots of people like stories of this kind, it makes them happy, it gives the announcers another road to drive down, and it's a diversion from football.

If you're not from PITT and they don't mention Conner is from PITT most people don't make the connection.

It would have been nice if they connected Whitehead to Conner and PITT since they were teamates.
That would have been great publicity for PITT! But I doubt PITT does this.

"its five o'clock somewhere"
SIgned: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

Last edited:
It doesn’t bode well for Bell.

I love what Conner is doing, but to me it shows how dominant the Steelers OL is as well.

When Bell is somewhere else next season he may not be so blessed.

Reactions: pittiswhereiamfrom2
I can't wait for the game to start. What has Coach Tomlin said this week about how he is going to handle the Le'veon/Conner 2 headed monster? Is Bell even active for today's game?

It's so great how much respect James has earned from all of the national talking heads. They are all starting to enjoy and appreciate what kind of player he is. We have all known for a long time, but our little secret is no more.

The best part is James is an even better person than he is a player. He is a true role model. If I had a son he would be taught to look up to a player such as James.

I hope a lot of little kids unwrap Conner jerseys for christmas this year.

Reactions: PittFathead87
Yeah he and JJSS are doing a lot in terms of eradicating the negative image the Steelers have produced over the last 4 years or so.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT