ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers vs Colts Game thread

Gotta admit. Never thought they had it in them. Great comeback

hopefully they will ditch the dink and stink offense moving forward

Watching Cleveland... I know you can't fumble forward, but it looked like that was backwards. I thought you could advance it if it is backwards.

Also called being in the NFL.

I swear to god some of yinz....every good team loses to an inferior team. It’s not just Tomlin.

The Chiefs lost to the Raiders. The Titans lost to the Bungals. The Colts lost to the Jaguars. The Packers lost to the Vikings. The Saints lost to both the Raiders and the Iggles. The Seahawks lost to the Giants.

Almost every good team loses to a lesser team every season.

Reactions: ThePanthers
No. Baltimore is in if they win next week. Cleveland has the tiebreaker over the Colts, so either a Cleveland win, or Colts loss puts them in.

Yeah, just saw the Colts are the odd men out. I just don't want to play Baltimore. I'd like to play Miami, Indianapolis, or Cleveland in that order. Seems like we'll almost certainly be the 3-seed.

Reactions: ThePanthers
Do you sit Ben and other key players next week? Or do you play to win the bye ? I guess I’d Buffalo wins out they win the tie breaker

Do you sit Ben and other key players next week? Or do you play to win the bye ? I guess I’d Buffalo wins out they win the tie breaker
Who knows, they may play them. Since the Bills can no longer win the first seed, they may come out flat against the Dolphins, who need a win to make the playoffs. In that case, a Steelers win would catapult them back to the second seed and likely avoid facing the Ravens in the first round. Would probably play Miami or Indy again.

Tough call on whether the Steelers will rest anyone next week. If they do, it will be for the needed rest/health reasons. If they don’t, I don’t think it will be because they have any desire to get the 2nd vs 3rd seed. More so because they would think they still need some reps to further get the offense in sync. They had a great 2nd half but the 1st half was the same as the last 4 games so it wouldn’t hurt to keep working on improvement.

As far as who they get in the 1st round, Ravens would most likely be the one to avoid. Among Browns, Colts and Dolphins; playing Browns would make that 2 weeks in a row vs them, Colts would be 2 out of 3 weeks. Dolphins, after seeing that miracle play they got for the win, they have some luck going on their side.

Tough call on whether the Steelers will rest anyone next week. If they do, it will be for the needed rest/health reasons. If they don’t, I don’t think it will be because they have any desire to get the 2nd vs 3rd seed. More so because they would think they still need some reps to further get the offense in sync. They had a great 2nd half but the 1st half was the same as the last 4 games so it wouldn’t hurt to keep working on improvement.

As far as who they get in the 1st round, Ravens would most likely be the one to avoid. Among Browns, Colts and Dolphins; playing Browns would make that 2 weeks in a row vs them, Colts would be 2 out of 3 weeks. Dolphins, after seeing that miracle play they got for the win, they have some luck going on their side.
Titans play the Packers tomorrow and if they lose, they’ll join the Ravens, Browns, Dolphins and Colts at 10-5 so they enter the mix as well. Among those 5 teams, only the Browns (Steelers) and Dolphins (Bills) close against a winning team.

Thanks. For some reason I was thinking there were two. That being the case resting Ben and other key players seems to be the right thing to do. Game is virtually meaningless
There was up until this season. They expanded the playoff from six to seven teams per conference (even before COVID) so only the top seeds get a first round bye now for bracket purposes.

The only benefit of finishing second is avoiding going to Buffalo in 3 weeks. If any fans are allowed that becomes a very tough game for the Steelers.

They expanded the playoff from six to seven teams per conference (even before COVID) so only the top seeds get a first round bye now for bracket purposes.

They only expanded the playoffs because of covid. It's a way for them to get another pile of television money.

Now NFL owners do like money, so they may very well end up making it permanent. But for now it is just a one year thing.

They only expanded the playoffs because of covid. It's a way for them to get another pile of television money.

Now NFL owners do like money, so they may very well end up making it permanent. But for now it is just a one year thing.
Respectfully, I think your timeline is off. It was reportedly proposed in late February, before the pandemic began, as part of CBA negotiations. The 17-game regular season was also part of this.

It likely made more sense to agree to it once COVID hit, and you’re not wrong about the financial implications of it, but it had been in talks well before then.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT