ADVERTISEMENT

Steelers vs Colts Game thread

May 21, 2010
I was telling my wife while making a Bloody Mary that I had forgotten to wear my 40+ yrs steeler shirt the last 3 games. I have it on today ..... sooooo

I would really like to see them not fight themselves today. They are trying too hard to establish the run. Be who you are. Use the short passing game as a crutch to the running game from the start of the game, then try to get into the run and take some shots down the field.

I am not buying into the narrative that Ben is done; I think he more is in a slight slump and his WRs (Johnson especially) have hung him out to dry recently.

They need to come to play today. Big game.

Steelers are a game time favorite at most places, Colts injuries obviously the big factor in the move.

Did Johnson drop those balls or were they bad passes? Could not quite tell.

Some things don’t change. Three and out with the same short passing game and drops

We were either going to come out today with a renewed energy and focus, or we are going to continue our descent into becoming one of the worst teams in the league. It's only been one series, but...

Some things don’t change. Three and out with the same short passing game and drops
You get to the point with a guy where maybe he just needs to sit. Johnson has been practicing with the Pitt receivers evidently.

Meanwhile, Claypool, a guy that is incredibly impressive, sits for at least the first two downs ...

Did Johnson drop those balls or were they bad passes? Could not quite tell.

Last one was a definite drop, first one and the one to JuJu were nose diving. None of them would have amounted to much even if caught.

You get to the point with a guy where maybe he just needs to sit. Johnson has been practicing with the Pitt receivers evidently.

Meanwhile, Claypool, a guy that is incredibly impressive, sits for at least the first two downs ...
Tomlin is baffling sometimes. Fichtner...well he just stinks.

It's a miracle this team has won 11 games. If the season started today, we'd be drafting a really good quarterback next year. We are one of the worst five teams in football right now. This version of Ben is no better than Duck Hodges, and the entire team has seemingly gotten soft overnight.

• Haha
Reactions: jtownknowitall
Wow. I’m trying to not jump to conclusions, but it looked like they quit on the season against the Bengals, and it looks like it so far today.

There’s just a bad vibe around this team. As confident as they were the first 11 games that swagger is completely gone and now it simply has the feel of a team that doesn’t believe in themselves

You can kind of give the defense a little bit of a pass. Losing 2 starting and productive LB's to injury with average backup quality will effect just about any team. But the offense is a whole different story.

Last one was a definite drop, first one and the one to JuJu were nose diving. None of them would have amounted to much even if caught.
You still have to catch them. I thought the one to JuJu was a very bad pass. Not sure on the first to Johnson though.

If you are going to use the short passing game to supplement the run, you need those plays.

The Edmunds drop obviously the key play there. Guy just never seems to get it done.
Wasted draft pick The knock on him was he had no football instincts but was a great athlete. He’s shown that so far

Wow. I’m trying to not jump to conclusions, but it looked like they quit on the season against the Bengals, and it looks like it so far today.

Id prefer to say the offense just stinks since the league figured them out and the defense has too many injuries and too much pressure to be perfect since the offense is so bad.

Not saying youre not right though.

That 2nd down running just shows how terrible the line is. It was open and they were just to slow to get downfield and block

And then on 3rd and 1...can't even get any push. So weak, slow and old.

Need to force them into a 3 and out or force a TO. If the Colts drive down the field and score a TD, then the bottom is going to fall out.

Reactions: Black Panther
I swear this is the 3rd time I’ve heard Romo do a Steelers game this year where he’s said “You just can’t keep throwing slants and short passes all the time, the league will catch up to that”. At what point does he realize that’s pretty much all they can do?

Reactions: anon_4dfwm2pijbr0a
Jim Nantz...that's the first time the Steelers have given up a 1st quarter td this season. They haven't given up a 90 yard TD drive all season.

Today is a day of 1st's.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT