ADVERTISEMENT

Still needs a little more humbling…

pittmeister

Assistant Coach
May 26, 2010

Wow man. I just......I don't hate Pat I think he ultimately is a net positive for this program but this is the perfect time for Heather to put her foot down about some of this crap. She should have all the leverage she needs..... assuming she didn't already of course.

What a dumb post. I don’t want our coach to be humble. I want him to back it up.
His act is dumb. I want him to back up his bravado. If he can’t do that then he needs to STFU until he wins some games.

Shall I make a list of some of the stupid stuff he has said not only this year but in other years outside of 2021??

1. Boo City
2. Tries to blame the players after the ND loss.
3. Says Cignetti decides who the QB is going to be and not the HC
4. Back handed remarks about former players (Slovis lack of leadership) and coaches (Whipple).

If this was James Franklin acting like this, the board would be all over him unmercifully.

To be this arrogant after the season he’s had is pathetic…

His act is dumb. I want him to back up his bravado. If he can’t do that then he needs to STFU until he wins some games.

Shall I make a list of some of the stupid stuff he has said not only this year but in other years outside of 2021??

1. Boo City
2. Tries to blame the players after the ND loss.
3. Says Cignetti decides who the QB is going to be and not the HC
4. Back handed remarks about former players (Slovis lack of leadership) and coaches (Whipple).

If this was James Franklin acting like this, the board would be all over him unmercifully.

Yes we have the diet version of James Franklin. Not as successful, just as big of an idiot.

You people are idiots to care anything about what a coach says at a press conference.
It is a window into his mindset and it’s very telling. Guys like Bob Knight, Bill Belichik, Joe Maddon can afford to be smart asses. They have won championships at the highest level.

Does anyone believe that Narduzzi would have gotten an extension if it wasn’t for Kenny, Addison and Whipple???

It is a window into his mindset and it’s very telling. Guys like Bob Knight, Bill Belichik, Joe Maddon can afford to be smart asses. They have won championships at the highest level.

Does anyone believe that Narduzzi would have gotten an extension if it wasn’t for Kenny, Addison and Whipple???
Are you serious?

Just to pick one of your examples, would Belichick have won a title without Brady?

You obviously haven't listened to a lot of press conferences. Narduzzi's mind is no different than any coach's - they all hate dealing with the press.

Reactions: ThePanthers

Franklin's press conferences can get pretty snarky too. His exchange a couple weeks ago with one of their beat reporters would have got him roasted by the local media if it happened here. But he has pretty much free reign in State College and doesn't get challenged often.

Are you serious?

Just to pick one of your examples, would Belichick have won a title without Brady?

You obviously haven't listened to a lot of press conferences. Narduzzi's mind is no different than any coach's - they all hate dealing with the press.
I’ve been disgusted with Narduzzi’s act since the ND loss. People (especially players) pay attention to what coaches say. If you think they don’t, wait until December 4th when the portal opens up.

Reactions: singregardless
Are you serious?

I can’t wait to hear your stream of excuses after the Duke game when there’s a mass exodus of players and next year is just as bad if not worse than this year.

There won't be a mass exodus of players there is a good football culture at Pitt. The team is young and there is talent on the team. The coach won the ACC two years ago and some of the same posters want him gone. The OC and scheme has to be better to win. The QB position has really hurt the team this year. Duzz has a highly rated recruiting class Pitt has to keep it. If people don't know all football coaches at that level are confident people in that position you have to be. I'm sure all the coaches are frustrated this year then they have to deal with the press conferences.

Reactions: ThePanthers
I can’t wait to hear your stream of excuses after the Duke game when there’s a mass exodus of players and next year is just as bad if not worse than this year.
Is that your prediction or hope?

I tend to think that you hope for Pitt football to collapse so you can rid yourself of the space Narduzzi has in your brain.

Is that your prediction or hope?

I tend to think that you hope for Pitt football to collapse so you can rid yourself of the space Narduzzi has in your brain.
Good question, maybe hope. This team isn’t good, NC. There is just a lack of talent here, and there’s only 1 person to blame for it. Narduzzi has always been a bad recruiter, but multiple misses cause a team to go 2-8.

And honestly, if Narduzzi died today, it wouldn’t impact my life in the slightest. I love Pitt football and enjoy the banter with all of you, but let’s call a spade a spade.

Good question, maybe hope. This team isn’t good, NC. There is just a lack of talent here, and there’s only 1 person to blame for it. Narduzzi has always been a bad recruiter, but multiple misses cause a team to go 2-8.

And honestly, if Narduzzi died today, it wouldn’t impact my life in the slightest. I love Pitt football and enjoy the banter with all of you, but let’s call a spade a spade.
There is a lot of talent on this team. It just doesn't exist at the single most important position. You can blame Narduzzi for that but there are limited numbers of top QBs in the country and the big boys have multiples of them on their rosters. Until you pony up more NIL, Pitt isn't getting one of them no matter who the coach is.

Duzz is pulling a Deion?
One small difference: the Colorado players left with Prime's boot in their asses, Pitt's guys will leave with Dooz clinging to their ankles.

That said, there won't be any mass exodus. Couple of starting guys, a few backups maybe.

One small difference: the Colorado players left with Prime's boot in their asses, Pitt's guys will leave with Dooz clinging to their ankles.

That said, there won't be any mass exodus. Couple of starting guys, a few backups maybe.

I'm putting the over/under at about 18. There's going to be some gut punches included in that.

There is a lot of talent on this team. It just doesn't exist at the single most important position. You can blame Narduzzi for that but there are limited numbers of top QBs in the country and the big boys have multiples of them on their rosters. Until you pony up more NIL, Pitt isn't getting one of them no matter who the coach is.
Please recite the wealth of talent we have at:
  • O line
  • D Line
  • WR
  • LB
  • DB
  • kicking game
We don't have a bunch of talent on this roster, not at any single position group. We do have good enough talent at some of those spots to be a much better team than we are, which speaks to how they are being coached. But the issues here go WAY beyond the QB position. The fact that you think this team is a QB away from good says everything.

Reactions: NCanton Panther
Son? I'm 67. Respect my experience.
Then start acting like it. . There are other posters on this message board who disagree with my take and that's fine. But you're the only poster determined to throw a hissy fit over my opinion. If you don't like my take, then put me on ignore.

Please recite the wealth of talent we have at:
  • O line
  • D Line
  • WR
  • LB
  • DB
  • kicking game
We don't have a bunch of talent on this roster, not at any single position group. We do have good enough talent at some of those spots to be a much better team than we are, which speaks to how they are being coached. But the issues here go WAY beyond the QB position. The fact that you think this team is a QB away from good says everything.
LOL. We have talent at all of those positions.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT