ADVERTISEMENT

Studying for the Wonderlic

It's OK. According to the Sports Illustrated article on Barkley, Curtis Martin still crushed him in Chess.

It's OK. According to the Sports Illustrated article on Barkley, Curtis Martin still crushed him in Chess.

And Barkley has a long way to go to catch Martin on the field. But it's OK, he's a future Pro Bowl starter. Or the next Ki-Jana Carter. :)

Another definition of pathetic is a PSU fan posting 3,647 times on a Pitt board.

Pittiful. Try again. I have been posting on here since the board started in 2001. I even had a shirt with your logo on it. If Saquon Barkley played anywhere but Penn State no one would be whining about him being drafted so high.

Reactions: pitts-lament
Another definition of pathetic is a PSU fan posting 3,647 times on a Pitt board.

Wow! And over 17 years! Posted every year between our victories, and while creepy valley was being brought down. Again....wow!!

And has super cool neato words like “Pitthetic” that he learned from a hoopie. And he gets all warm and fuzzie typing and showing nitter friends. Nitter friends - activate!!!

But seriously. Wow - 17 years! I see that handle once in a while saying stupid stuff but didn’t know the obsession was that great. Damn! 3700 posts!

“Pitiful” - another super neato nitter friends word.

(Insert next little super cool neato nitter post below)

Pittiful. Try again. I have been posting on here since the board started in 2001. I even had a shirt with your logo on it. If Saquon Barkley played anywhere but Penn State no one would be whining about him being drafted so high.

And the same nonsense doesn't occur about Pitt on the Penn ST BWI board?? Oh wait, far less in fact because we're banned there almost as
soon as we post. I'd suggest you use the "democratic spirit" you're
receiving here and stop whining.

Reactions: omega
Wow! And over 17 years! Posted every year between our victories, and while creepy valley was being brought down. Again....wow!!

And has super cool neato words like “Pitthetic” that he learned from a hoopie. And he gets all warm and fuzzie typing and showing nitter friends. Nitter friends - activate!!!

But seriously. Wow - 17 years! I see that handle once in a while saying stupid stuff but didn’t know the obsession was that great. Damn! 3700 posts!

“Pitiful” - another super neato nitter friends word.

(Insert next little super cool neato nitter post below)

Here you go branch campus dummy. Bradford, I presume?

Right on cue! Nitter friends - activate!!!

(But no, I went to Pitt main for both for undergrad and grad. But seriously, the branch campus dummy line? About Pitt? C’mon even you probably know Pitt doesn’t use the branch campus dummy model. Being serious here)

Reactions: daminals76

Hilarious, considering that PSU wrote the manual on branch campuses.
We won't get into how MOST of your main campus grads started off in
a branch campus (that is NOT the case at Pitt). Getting into those PSU
branch campuses require little more than a Pennsylvania h.s. diploma.

nfl teams use these tests to determine value so yeah, if I was a college player trying to up my value, id study for them too. no different than working on your 40 time or your bench reps, broad jump, working on your interview skills, etc..

Peyton manning hired consulting firm at Tennessee to help with his public speaking, probably paid off a thousand times over

That ESPN story on Saquon Barkley made me throw up in my mouth. One thing that really stands out: He STUDIED for the Wonderlic test. Have you ever seen the questions? They're things like "What is the 12th letter of the alphabet?" You need to STUDY for that? LMAO.
First of all I purposely didn't read that article because it automatically makes me throw up in my mouth when I read or hear anything NIT. Second of all do you realize some of these scholar-athletes fail miserably on that test.

Reactions: HOF Coach
I've never taken the test given to NFL hopefuls, but I have seen copies of the test, and I always thought Jr and Sr high school was all of the preparation needed.

Considering there has only ever been one NFL perfect on the test, I'm pretty sure the questions are harder than people are claiming. Considering John Urschel got a 43/50 on it, who also missed a perfect SAT score by 20 points, and I'd bet at least 1 limb that he's smarter than anyone on this board.

Reactions: FreshCut
It’s a hard test. I can see how studying can help with time management because you only get 20 minutes for 50 questions. It’s seems like the questions start out easy and get hard and then easy again. So if you try to hard on tough questions in the middle you run out of time when easy questions come around again. It’s all about making snap judgements under pressure.

That ESPN story on Saquon Barkley made me throw up in my mouth. One thing that really stands out: He STUDIED for the Wonderlic test. Have you ever seen the questions? They're things like "What is the 12th letter of the alphabet?" You need to STUDY for that? LMAO.
Every prospect does. You are an idiot if you don’t. It no different then taking an SAT prep course. It also a lot different taking the test for real then looking at the sample question or taking a test for fun.

Reactions: Jpripper88
It’s a hard test. I can see how studying can help with time management because you only get 20 minutes for 50 questions. It’s seems like the questions start out easy and get hard and then easy again. So if you try to hard on tough questions in the middle you run out of time when easy questions come around again. It’s all about making snap judgements under pressure.
It's actually only 12 minutes for the 50 questions.

Reactions: Gep Dawg
Blair Thomas was a solid starter in the NFL but got hurt. He wasn't All-Pro or anything but more in the Ironhead Heyward Pantheon. Carter may have gotten hurt in his first game. I think it was against the Steelers. I remember that he held out, then came in and looked very underwhelming. Curt Warner was probably going to be the best ever from PSU. Franco is one of the most overrated players In PGH sports history IMO.

Reactions: vietvet1
Blair Thomas was a solid starter in the NFL but got hurt. He wasn't All-Pro or anything but more in the Ironhead Heyward Pantheon.

Heyward: 11 seasons, 107 starts, 4301 rush yards, 4.2 ypa, 30 tds, 1559 receiving yards, 8.8 ypc, 4 tds
Thomas: 6 seasons, 36 starts, 2236 rush yards, 4.2 ypa, 7 tds, 513 receiving yards, 7.2 ypc, 2 tds

One of those is a lot better than the other.

Psu will nevervrecoverjj
I've never taken the test given to NFL hopefuls, but I have seen copies of the test, and I always thought Jr and Sr high school was all of the preparation needed.
Sure it would be easy for you because you were once the smartest man in Morgantown!

Psu will nevervrecoverjj

Sure it would be easy for you because you were once the smartest man in Morgantown!

Haven’t seen you around in awhile, wasn’t sure if you’d heard the unfortunate news about our mutual acquaintance Dave Malinsky?

BFo8 I found out he was missing on Sunday the day after he didn't come home.He's sister put the word out and asked for prayers for him.A sad, very unusual ending for a good kid.I knew what Dave's career would be when he was in the dugout during HS games.He was always giving odds on whether a pitch was going to be a ball or strike and then taking bets on it.RIP Dave

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT