ADVERTISEMENT

Studying for the Wonderlic

This thread is Dunning-Kruger effect to a T.

My score pefectly matched my childhood IQ score. I haven't seen this online test but from what I can tell its not the same at all.

The evidence presented in this thread is anecdotel. From what I have now seen most people on this board would not score 20. I was perhaps too optimistic. 20 is the average score FYI.

Ive proctered the test hard copy to over 50 people. Ill meet someone at Hillman and do the same. Im not even going to suggest what people score. These are people that went to Pitt, Duquesne, CMU, etc. I know this thread is not accurate.
I've taken it (albeit not with millions of dollars on the line) and it is incredibly easy.

My score pefectly matched my childhood IQ score. I haven't seen this online test but from what I can tell its not the same at all.

The evidence presented in this thread is anecdotel. From what I have now seen most people on this board would not score 20. I was perhaps too optimistic. 20 is the average score FYI.
Right, the average score is 20-21 and that includes the entire range of population and MUCH of society is pretty freaking dumb. A reasonably intelligent person should easily get a 30 without pressure.

You misspelled both "perfectly" and "anecdotal" in your post, sooo...

30 means an IQ of 120. Thats top 10%. Thats just not the case.

The average score for this board would be upper teens if I had to guess.

30 means an IQ of 120. Thats top 10%. Thats just not the case.

The average score for this board would be upper teens if I had to guess.
IQ of 110-130 is your average pool of true (not University of Phoenix) college graduates, which the vast majority of this board should be. Theoretically, that should apply to the players we are discussing, too, but any reasonable person realizes it isn't the same standard.

Wow

Maybe you should spell words correctly before proclaiming superiority over the board and their lack of intelligence.

I dont think any member on this board would get below a 20. Even Pizzaboy :) with the cal education (Im kidding)

Reactions: JokePa
Stache believe me I know my IQ and I know what I scored on this test.If you computed my IQ score from my test score I'd be a mensa member,witch im knot!

You’ve got to be kidding me about people on here not scoring over 20. I don’t know if you’re projecting or feeling defensive about someone’s score or what, but that’s ridiculous.

With the Wonderlic become such a big deal over the last decade many people have researched it and know what it’s about. Very few posters on here wouldn’t register 20 or higher, your demographics are faulty.

I have gotten a perfect score every time I took a sample test. And I are a proud Pitt grad. N'at. :)

Reactions: Teh Teh
Marino got an 18, which is low for a QB. Times were different though and it wasn’t such a big deal back then, I’m pretty sure he wasn’t studying for it like guys do now.

Eh, I hate Penn State as much (if not more) than most of you, but Barkley seems like a good kid and I got a ton of respect for him.

Now let’s hope they miss him on the field a lot. I saw somewhere that McSorley is the #1 QB in college going into this year. I’m sure that’ll hold, especially without Barkley.

Eh, I hate Penn State as much (if not more) than most of you, but Barkley seems like a good kid and I got a ton of respect for him.

Now let’s hope they miss him on the field a lot. I saw somewhere that McSorley is the #1 QB in college going into this year. I’m sure that’ll hold, especially without Barkley.

I haven’t seen McSorley ranked anywhere near that high. Lock, Stidham, and Grier are the guys that seem to be the consensus top 3 almost everywhere.

I haven’t seen McSorley ranked anywhere near that high. Lock, Stidham, and Grier are the guys that seem to be the consensus top 3 almost everywhere.
I think two different publications have.

Regardless... WVU and Penn State having top 5 caliber returning QBs is... vomit. Let’s hope Pickett can be a factor this year.

I decided to hit the link and take the test quickly. I got a 34, did not study, and was also talking on the phone finalizing some dinner plans. lol
I have a copy of a test. Every once in a while someone is curious and they take it. Its not meant to be difficult. Its more about picking up simple concepts quickly.

Im 100% sure half this board would not score 20. Maybe 2% would get over 30.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT