ADVERTISEMENT

Studying for the Wonderlic

If knowing what month is five months after June can make you a better Fb player or what number follows a sequence of 4 ,7 , 10 then I guess the nfl would be full of Ivy Leaguers or maybe high school graduates !
Barkley was a great player wished he’d have played at Pitt and now for the Steelers .

BFo8 I found out he was missing on Sunday the day after he didn't come home.He's sister put the word out and asked for prayers for him.A sad, very unusual ending for a good kid.I knew what Dave's career would be when he was in the dugout during HS games.He was always giving odds on whether a pitch was going to be a ball or strike and then taking bets on it.RIP Dave

Agreed, it was a very sad story. It shows that even avid hikers aren’t immune to accidents on the trail.

Heyward: 11 seasons, 107 starts, 4301 rush yards, 4.2 ypa, 30 tds, 1559 receiving yards, 8.8 ypc, 4 tds
Thomas: 6 seasons, 36 starts, 2236 rush yards, 4.2 ypa, 7 tds, 513 receiving yards, 7.2 ypc, 2 tds

One of those is a lot better than the other.
No, there isn't. They were both quality starters. As the numbers you shared show, they were very comperable, although Heyward was more of a blocker with ATL.

Every prospect does. You are an idiot if you don’t. It no different then taking an SAT prep course. It also a lot different taking the test for real then looking at the sample question or taking a test for fun.

If you made it through college, you shouldn't have to study one minute for this. That, of course, presumes that one went to class and paid a modicum of attention.

nfl teams use these tests to determine value so yeah, if I was a college player trying to up my value, id study for them too. no different than working on your 40 time or your bench reps, broad jump, working on your interview skills, etc..

Peyton manning hired consulting firm at Tennessee to help with his public speaking, probably paid off a thousand times over
Right. Many of these players (including the ones at Pitt, like Jester Weah, who scored a 20) are incredibly stupid.

They all prepare for the Wonderlic test in some way. It’s hard. It also means a lot to their future careers and earnings....

I hate PSU but man you guys reach sometimes.
It is not hard. It is extremely easy. However, most of these guys are very, very dumb and have no place at a real University without incredible athletic talent. It is what it is. We shouldn't throw rocks about that.

What is worse he STUDIED and only got an 18
Jester Weah STUDIED and got a 20. Everyone STUDIES for it. Lamar Jackson STUDIED and got a 13.

Serious question- Do the prospects get to use a calculator while taking the test?
No.

Right. Many of these players (including the ones at Pitt, like Jester Weah, who scored a 20) are incredibly stupid.

It is not hard. It is extremely easy. However, most of these guys are very, very dumb and have no place at a real University without incredible athletic talent. It is what it is. We shouldn't throw rocks about that.

Jester Weah STUDIED and got a 20. Everyone STUDIES for it. Lamar Jackson STUDIED and got a 13.

No.
you know what I love about JRip? He's not scared to tell us what he thinks. no sugar coating it, no walking on egg shells, JRip just lays it out there for us.

you know what I love about JRip? He's not scared to tell us what he thinks. no sugar coating it, no walking on egg shells, JRip just lays it out there for us.
I just don't understand why Pitt fans are so insecure about it. These are football (and basketball) players. They are here because they are good at football or basketball. The vast majority wouldn't have a chance of getting into Pitt without their football talent.

The unbelievable homer Pitt fans are essentially making the case they would have rather had the Pitt Man, 20 on his Wonderlic, Jester Weah and go 5-7 than the pathetic PSU Moron, 18 on his Wonderlic, Saquon Barkley and have gone 11-2. These fans, like the OP and Stache and PSU fans defending their "smart" players, may actually be dumber than the football players getting 18s and 20s on the Wonderlic.

What an illustrious group of....crap!
Next in a long line of great Nit backs drafted in the 1st round:

Blair Thomas
Curtis Enis
Ki-Jana Carter
Curt Warner

It was extremely aggravating that the national broadcast of the Pitt - UPS game last year put a graphic up listing all those Nit RBs and then failed to show that the other team had and has some pretty amazing running backs in the NFL Tony Dorsett
Curtis Martin
LeSean McCoy
Dion Lewis

It was extremely aggravating that the national broadcast of the Pitt - UPS game last year put a graphic up listing all those Nit RBs and then failed to show that the other team had and has some pretty amazing running backs in the NFL Tony Dorsett
Curtis Martin
LeSean McCoy
Dion Lewis

There is no comparison, Pitt has produced more great RBs over the years then PSU. It's really not even close, and almost all of their good ones the past 30+ yrs have been colossal NFL busts.

Reactions: Teh Teh
Franklin will never get another 4* RB at Psu because they will become busts in the Nfl!Franklin's recruiting is doomed.Maybe Holgy will get some of those that reject Psu.

That ESPN story on Saquon Barkley made me throw up in my mouth. One thing that really stands out: He STUDIED for the Wonderlic test. Have you ever seen the questions? They're things like "What is the 12th letter of the alphabet?" You need to STUDY for that? LMAO.
Half this board wouldn't score 20. I know that for a fact.

Reactions: bdur76
Franklin will never get another 4* RB at Psu because they will become busts in the Nfl!Franklin's recruiting is doomed.Maybe Holgy will get some of those that reject Psu.

Actually looks like the Ford kid from VA might be next for him. Rivals has him #9 nationally, but that's high. I think he's a composite 4-star on 247, albeit a high 4-star.

If you made it through college, you shouldn't have to study one minute for this. That, of course, presumes that one went to class and paid a modicum of attention.
That makes no sense. The wonderlic isn’t necessarily akin to most tests people are used to taking. Players attending the combine practice for all aspects of the combine including interviews. Why wouldn’t they study for the wonderlic?

You are a special kind of stupid. 5 star running backs in Sanders and Slade on the roster, but he can’t even recruit a 4 Star?

Reactions: daminals76
You guys are too serious on here!I was being sarcastic with my statement about Franklin's recruiting suffering because of some former Psu players.

You are a special kind of stupid. 5 star running backs in Sanders and Slade on the roster, but he can’t even recruit a 4 Star?
Sanders and Slade might be tremendous busts at Penn State.Time will tell on these two.Look what Franklin did to 5* Hackenburg up there,the Jets coaches can't correct what James did to him,right?

Sanders and Slade might be tremendous busts at Penn State.Time will tell on these two.Look what Franklin did to 5* Hackenburg up there,the Jets coaches can't correct what James did to him,right?

It’s clear Hack was overrated, but he was still drafted in the 2nd round so at least one nfl franchise also fell for it. If nothing else the PSU offense is actually very RB friendly. The RB from Fordham, where Moorhead came from, was drafted in the 5th round. It may be untraditional but RB’s get noticed in that system.

Half this board wouldn't score 20. I know that for a fact.

I just took it it is probably the easiest test I ever took. I had a 42/43 and my connection sucked and ran out of time and the only one I missed I read the question wrong.

Maybe TD wouldn’t get a 20, but I think anyone else would

Reactions: JokePa
Considering there has only ever been one NFL perfect on the test, I'm pretty sure the questions are harder than people are claiming. Considering John Urschel got a 43/50 on it, who also missed a perfect SAT score by 20 points, and I'd bet at least 1 limb that he's smarter than anyone on this board.
I chose your right arm.

Off with it loser.

Yeah. Good point for once. Can you image studying hard and getting help studying and getting a 36 percent on That test?! I mean there are probably that many gimmies on the test.
We had a player get a 20. LeSean McCoy made an 11.

I have a copy of a test. Every once in a while someone is curious and they take it. Its not meant to be difficult. Its more about picking up simple concepts quickly.

Im 100% sure half this board would not score 20. Maybe 2% would get over 30.

I have a copy of a test. Every once in a while someone is curious and they take it. Its not meant to be difficult. Its more about picking up simple concepts quickly.

Yeah, but the point none of these guys would even sniff these schools academically. Most don’t even try on this test, I remember shady saying he selected C for every answer. Not sure what is dumber, studying for this test or caring what your players got on it. Sure if a pitt guy got a 50 then that would be awesome, but it wouldn’t make a lick of difference on his draft status if he ran a slow 40 at the combine.

Barkley’s stock really dropped with his poor score huh?

If they released the SAT and ACT scores of football and basketball players you’d really cringe. I doubt it’s much different across schools either

Reactions: JokePa

Grasping simple concepts isn't the strong suit on this board.

I am 100% sure you are wrong. There are many samples available online and even posted in this thread. The test is not hard. It is about quick thinking and decision making. Getting a 30 is extremely easy without any pressure. Most should get 40+ without pressure and really 45+. Of course having millions of dollars and your career on the line is a little bit different, but not 50% harder. The questions are basic math and reasoning. If you aren't getting a 30, you are slow.

Yeah, but the point none of these guys would even sniff these schools academically. Most don’t even try on this test, I remember shady saying he selected C for every answer. Not sure what is dumber, studying for this test or caring what your players got on it. Sure if a pitt guy got a 50 then that would be awesome, but it wouldn’t make a lick of difference on his draft status if he ran a slow 40 at the combine.

Barkley’s stock really dropped with his poor score huh?

If they released the SAT and ACT scores of football and basketball players you’d really cringe. I doubt it’s much different across schools either
That is not true. They absolutely try. They aren't required to take it, if they don't want to take it. They all study and prepare for it.

I am 100% sure you are wrong.

I would think, based on the board subject matter, that a relatively large percentage of the people on this board are college graduates. And if you are a "normal" college graduate and you can't score at least 25-30 on the Wonderlic I can't imagine how you could have graduated, and really I can't imagine how you could have gotten into a school like Pitt in the first place.

Reactions: Jpripper88
I've taken this test a couple of times and my scores were pretty good and here's the reason.I taught elementary school in a self contained environment(teaching all subjects).A very large % of the question on the test were the very things I taught in 4-6 grades.One of the test I took actually had some basic history question thrown in also.If you stayed awake in Jr High History class you got these right.

The test posted in the thread is incredibly easy. I suggest taking it before commenting on it. I don’t even know how you study for it.

Ive proctered the test hard copy to over 50 people. Ill meet someone at Hillman and do the same. Im not even going to suggest what people score. These are people that went to Pitt, Duquesne, CMU, etc. I know this thread is not accurate.

Ive proctered the test hard copy to over 50 people. Ill meet someone at Hillman and do the same. Im not even going to suggest what people score. These are people that went to Pitt, Duquesne, CMU, etc. I know this thread is not accurate.

You’ve got to be kidding me about people on here not scoring over 20. I don’t know if you’re projecting or feeling defensive about someone’s score or what, but that’s ridiculous.

With the Wonderlic become such a big deal over the last decade many people have researched it and know what it’s about. Very few posters on here wouldn’t register 20 or higher, your demographics are faulty.

Reactions: Jpripper88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT