ADVERTISEMENT

Superbowl

H2P-2007

Freshman
Nov 11, 2011
I've decided that we should own the "Super Bowl" accusation by Franklin. He meant it as a dig, so lets dig right back. And I agree with the several posters that said that these kinds of back and forth barbs is what makes CFB fun.

If/when we win, I would love to see our players hoisting a fake Lombardi Trophy on the field after a win over Penn State. How hilarious would that be?

I've decided that we should own the "Super Bowl" accusation by Franklin. He meant it as a dig, so lets dig right back. And I agree with the several posters that said that these kinds of back and forth barbs is what makes CFB fun.

If/when we win, I would love to see our players hoisting a fake Lombardi Trophy on the field after a win over Penn State. How hilarious would that be?

What Franklin said is one of the greatest things that's happened for the rivalry. It is validation of the rivalry and how much he "cares" about Pitt. It will make beating them more fun next year.

You got it! There should be hats and T-shirts at the ready on the sidelines for when we win. I seriously think that Pitt should also have confetti canons in the rafters as well. Shove it back in their face in the most epic way possible.

I'd also play video highlights of past victories on the scoreboard before the game with a classic NFL Films soundtrack and display the years in Roman numerals.

Reactions: Fk_Pitt

I'd go so far as to find something that looked like a trophy case and put a fake trophy in it - for last year's victory over the hated Nits.

Why do it? Who cares? Because its funny! Lighten up! It would make all the national media outlets, making Franklin look like a goof. Can't you see how seriously that guy and that whole cult take themselves. They do see Akron as a Super Bowl. All their lives revolve around Akron and Pitt and whoever else their gods are playing at the moment. Thousands would lineup to be a part of another cover-up today if it meant the difference between a W-L against Southern friggin GA.

After they beat Ga Southern this week you can be sure he'll say it's no different than beating Pitt

Reactions: pittdan77

Except it's a proprietary name and not available in that context.
I say we call the game the "Sue PA Bowl" and award the winner a replica of Mrs Paterno.

Don't you guys already do that with your national championships ;)

Seriously tho, I would be mad as hell at a loss but would chuckle if Pitt was awarded a Lombardi replica next year. Would be a pretty epic play.
Yeah...in all seriousness, I think you guys got lucky this year because Urban Meyer has serious QB issues. If their game against the Sooners was any indication, they're gonna have trouble scoring points this year against the better teams.

And when you think about it, the handwriting was on the wall when they got thrashed by Clemson in the playoffs. Imagine that - a team that gave up 43 points to Pitt turns around and shuts-out mighty Ohio State.

Reactions: NittanyLogan'11
Yeah...in all seriousness, I think you guys got lucky this year because Urban Meyer has serious QB issues. If their game against the Sooners was any indication, they're gonna have trouble scoring points this year against the better teams.

And when you think about it, the handwriting was on the wall when they got thrashed by Clemson in the playoffs. Imagine that - a team that gave up 43 points to Pitt turns around and shuts-out mighty Ohio State.

Heard something interesting that I hadn't thought of before, but a guy on BTN said OSU's problem the last few years is that they are trying to force personnel into a scheme rather than playing to their personnel's strengths.

Don't know how true that theory is, but it was an interesting comment nonetheless. If true, even a great coach like Urban Meyer can get caught up in his own hubris and refuse to evolve.

Heard something interesting that I hadn't thought of before, but a guy on BTN said OSU's problem the last few years is that they are trying to force personnel into a scheme rather than playing to their personnel's strengths.

Don't know how true that theory is, but it was an interesting comment nonetheless. If true, even a great coach like Urban Meyer can get caught up in his own hubris and refuse to evolve.
Yeah...he must believe that any player can learn to play QB as long as they have great athletic ability.

I see that as being the exact problem. Friends of mine in town were griping about the 4 and 5 star athletes on OSU's squad under performing, but the reality is that those stars are wasted in this scheme.

Reactions: NittanyLogan'11
I see that as being the exact problem. Friends of mine in town were griping about the 4 and 5 star athletes on OSU's squad under performing, but the reality is that those stars are wasted in this scheme.

You could argue that nobody aside from Alabama or Florida State has more talent than osu. It's really amazing that they've struggled as much as they have their last 3 games.

Reactions: Saboteur
Did anyone catch WDVE this morning? Randy and the group was making fun of the carnival barker. Very funny stuff and you can tell they think he's a jackass.

What's funny is that this is sort of how it used to be for the Pens. Flyers fans loved to troll the Pens and the city took interest. This city really hates anyone getting over on "one of their own". As much as I dislike that clown, this just builds hype and Pitt doesn't hurt from it. Remember, they were supposed to lay 60 on us and the unhinged portion of their base is livid that they didn't.

Yeah, playing up the "Super Bowl" theme is an awesome idea.

The hosts on WDVE offered to write Narduzzi's response back to jimmy. In all of the replies they made up they finished with "And Joe Knew"~!

What's funny is that this is sort of how it used to be for the Pens. Flyers fans loved to troll the Pens and the city took interest. This city really hates anyone getting over on "one of their own". As much as I dislike that clown, this just builds hype and Pitt doesn't hurt from it. Remember, they were supposed to lay 60 on us and the unhinged portion of their base is livid that they didn't.

Yeah, playing up the "Super Bowl" theme is an awesome idea.

Why do it? Who cares? Because its funny! Lighten up! It would make all the national media outlets, making Franklin look like a goof. Can't you see how seriously that guy and that whole cult take themselves. They do see Akron as a Super Bowl. All their lives revolve around Akron and Pitt and whoever else their gods are playing at the moment. Thousands would lineup to be a part of another cover-up today if it meant the difference between a W-L against Southern friggin GA.
HERE, HERE!!!
The second half of this post is the most true and concise summary of the cult like behavior existent at the cesspool east of here

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT