ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse Be Flippin'

Oct 25, 2021
Saw they flipped a receiver from Texas A&M. Now it looks like they just took our second highest-rated recruit: Yasin Willis.

Flip Factory up there.

yti5NLe.gif

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
I mean what do you expect,after the last 2 years of offense I wouldn’t want to play here,even with a new OC it’s an unknown

• Haha
What, like he just proclaimed he was committed?

Oddly enough, I think so. Chris mentioned a few times that he never considered him to be part of the class.

I remember a dude a few years ago who was originally committed to us and then flipped to UNC. He just started spouting offers offers from everybody on his Twitter. Florida State, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas... you name it, lol. I think it turned out that most of them were BS, and he ended up being the lowest-rated player in their class and transferring down a level.

Saw they flipped a receiver from Texas A&M. Now it looks like they just took our second highest-rated recruit: Yasin Willis.

Flip Factory up there.

yti5NLe.gif

Seems we never hold 2 RBs to signing day, or something happens and they never enroll.

Always thought we would lose one of these guys, but I thought it would likely be Goff.

Also think this was in the tea leaves. Staff recently visited Goff and saw nothing about them visiting Willis while they were making their rounds.

Reactions: 4upmc
Seems we never hold 2 RBs to signing day, or something happens and they never enroll.

Always thought we would lose one of these guys, but I thought it would likely be Goff.

Also think this was in the tea leaves. Staff recently visited Goff and saw nothing about them visiting Willis while they were making their rounds.

Yeah, running back commits have been shaky around these parts. Henry Parrish, Malik Newton (I think that was his name... the VA kid with the heart issue), Jordan Bailey, etc.

I can't bring myself to get too worked up over running backs. Sibley, Davis, Salahuddin, Carter... I mean unless you're getting a clear cut freak, the bust rate seems pretty high for a lot of them. Obviously I'd rather have him than not after losing Harvison to the portal. I'd like to see us get a transfer with multiple years of eligibility.

Reactions: pittmeister
He had some Alabama interest, so he can't be that bad. But I don't really care anymore. College football is such a mess that I can't bring myself to care one way or the other about recruiting. If a dude makes a tackle, he thinks he's worth $250K in NIL.

This is exactly the way I feel. Let them go wherever they want to chase the money. College sports is in the sewer now and not worth following that closely. This year's team won't be next year's team because these professional college players don't care about the game.

This is exactly the way I feel. Let them go wherever they want to chase the money. College sports is in the sewer now and not worth following that closely. This year's team won't be next year's team because these professional college players don't care about the game.

Exactly. Like I'm not even entirely sure what to root for anymore. If we land a recruit and he comes in here and goes off too much, he's as good as gone. Lol, like what do you even pull for? I know it's not a problem that is exclusive to Pitt, but I don't like when it happens to the 35 other schools on our level, either. College football is boring when it's just a small fraction of schools buying all the talent.

I think Willis is going to be legit - and I’m not looking forward to facing him. However, I don’t think our new offensive scheme would use him the most effectively, so I certainly don’t blame the kid.

I think Willis is going to be legit - and I’m not looking forward to facing him. However, I don’t think our new offensive scheme would use him the most effectively, so I certainly don’t blame the kid.

If he is legit, we probably wouldn't face him more than once. Syracuse is an A-ball farm team.

They can have him and his 682 yards he had this year behind a OL & team with many D1 players. He’s not a 4 star, a 4 star gets 1000 in their sleep. Goff is much better. Frees up more NIL $.

Please stop the nonsense. This sucks theirs no way around it. Your downgrading it because he flipped

• Haha
Please stop the nonsense. This sucks theirs no way around it. Your downgrading it because he flipped
Oh please. Let's not act like we lost the next Heisman Trophy winner either. Time will tell if this sucks or not. I said a month ago that Juelz Goff might be better than advertised. Does that make me a Yasin "whatchatalkinabot" Willis hater?? We've had lots of running backs that were 4 star players that did close to nothing (Salahuddin, AJ Davis, Sibley). Some of the best have been 3 star players like Goff. Just check if you don't believe me.... Conner, Izzy, Hammond to name a few...

Oh please. Let's not act like we lost the next Heisman Trophy winner either. Time will tell if this sucks or not. I said a month ago that Juelz Goff might be better than advertised. Does that make me a Yasin "whatchatalkinabot" Willis hater?? We've had lots of running backs that were 4 star players that did close to nothing (Salahuddin, AJ Davis, Sibley). Some of the best have been 3 star players like Goff. Just check if you don't believe me.... Conner, Izzy, Hammond to name a few...

I will laugh because of “whatchatalkinabot Willis 😂 👍🏻

Yeah, running back commits have been shaky around these parts. Henry Parrish, Malik Newton (I think that was his name... the VA kid with the heart issue), Jordan Bailey, etc.

I can't bring myself to get too worked up over running backs. Sibley, Davis, Salahuddin, Carter... I mean unless you're getting a clear cut freak, the bust rate seems pretty high for a lot of them. Obviously I'd rather have him than not after losing Harvison to the portal. I'd like to see us get a transfer with multiple years of eligibility.
Now that Bell is on board, I wouldn't be surprised to see Pitt offer this guy from the portal. Desmond Reid was Western Carolina's best RB this past season. He will have at least two more years of eligibility left. He's fast and ran track in high school. Small but hard to tackle... We'll see...

Do some research and see in a few posts long before Cuse hired a new coach I said multiple times Willis was eeeh and Goff is far better and the real deal. Who knows how things will turn out but I didn’t overreact just today I’ve stated this long ago.

And just for good measure IMO Cam Lindsey (who we know is not flipping) is a solid recruit who could develop nicely, but I don’t see 4 star.

I believe Edwards has legit 4 star talent and was high on Brewu well before he became a 4 star. Hell one of the recruits I would be most upset to lose is 3 star OL Caleb Holmes who IMO has potential to be big time. Just because this site has a player as a 3 or 4 Star doesn’t mean our staff views it same way. The last time this happened with a RB it worked out damn well with Izzy.

Unlike some I don’t do downgrading after a flip if you have ever followed my posting history. He had a poor senior year and our staff on their rounds didn’t even bother visiting him.

Bingo I said the same as you about Goff, Izzy etc long before the “de commit” ever took place

Reactions: pittmeister
They can have him and his 682 yards he had this year behind a OL & team with many D1 players. He’s not a 4 star, a 4 star gets 1000 in their sleep. Goff is much better. Frees up more NIL $.
Looks like The Cuse came up with more NIL money, plain and simple.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT