ADVERTISEMENT

Syracuse/Penn State

GreatBear71

Scholarship
May 9, 2005
Remember Sandy Barbour, current PSU AD who is retiring, said they have no room on their OOC schedules for Pitt in the 2020's as they are upgrading opponents. They just scheduled a home and home with Syracuse. Syracuse football has been a disaster in the ACC. Only 2 winning seasons. They just lie and lie and lie

Remember Sandy Barbour, current PSU AD who is retiring, said they have no room on their OOC schedules for Pitt in the 2020's as they are upgrading opponents. They just scheduled a home and home with Syracuse. Syracuse football has been a disaster in the ACC. Only 2 winning seasons. They just lie and lie and lie
Pitt and PSU are the only P5 in-state rivals who dont play besides the Texas schools.

Iowa/ISU
BYU/Utah
Lou/UK
GT/UGa
FSU/UF
Clem/SC

Why is Pitt/PSU so different?

Reactions: Farnox
You write that as if it somehow surprises you.

Penn St future OOC schedule looks terrible, full of temple, delAware, Syracuse, etc.

They are sure trying to make it easy to improve the record. 3 ooc cupcakes + Indiana, Rutgers, Maryland every year. 6-6 is the floor. Only have to pull off some wins against like Purdue, northwestern, and Nebraska to go 9-3. Upset just one of mich/osu/msu and there’s your ten wins and NY6 bowl. Smart on their part for sure. But also weak sauce.

Penn St future OOC schedule looks terrible, full of temple, delAware, Syracuse, etc.

They are sure trying to make it easy to improve the record. 3 ooc cupcakes + Indiana, Rutgers, Maryland every year. 6-6 is the floor. Only have to pull off some wins against like Purdue, northwestern, and Nebraska to go 9-3. Upset just one of mich/osu/msu and there’s your ten wins and NY6 bowl. Smart on their part for sure. But also weak sauce.
When are they playing Temple again? I didn't think they wanted any more after Ten Sacks of Hackenberg. (They missed their opportunity during the short-lived Rod Carey Error, which, by the way, was created by the guy Pennsylvania A & M just hired as their new AD.)

• Haha
Reactions: Black_Man_Panther
Gives us reason to wear that odd orange polo our wives bought for us (“because it is so“In” this year!”) that now hangs in the back corner of our closets, because if we got caught donating it or cutting it into garage rags, we’d face wrath. Now we have a reason to actually fish it out and throw it on a couple times in coming years! Same as my lone Red/Gray shirt that I wear once a year.

And yes I fully realize there are other guys who are fans of other schools, who similarly have neon royal blue shirts in the backs of their closets that they equally can’t stomach. Maybe they hate Miami or UNC or whatever (which is certainly plausible) so they similarly dig out and wear those shirts once a year…

Regardless, PSU plays an overall tougher schedule than we do. And it’s not particularly close.

I’m not sue I’d say “it’s not particularly close.”

Ohio State is obviously the big stand out. That’s a guaranteed loss and we don’t have a team on the schedule so elite that you just pencil it in as an L.

But the rest of the schedule is comparable enough.

Ohio State is obviously the big stand out. That’s a guaranteed loss and we don’t have a team on the schedule so elite that you just pencil it in as an L.

Don’t write “sue” in the same post that’s about Penn State. The NCAA is very jumpy about that.

Take Ohio State away and the Pitt/PSU schedules are equal just about every year. Now, I know that's a big omission and PSU does have the tougher schedule but its only because of OSU

No she said in the near future and she was correct. I love how you just make crap up. Really the only thing that changed since that is the VT series was canceled due to COVID. When the Big Ten went to conference only schedule VT canceled the second half of the series that was to be played in 2025. The article below even mentions the soonest the game could be played would be the dates of the Syracuse games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT