ADVERTISEMENT

Team meeting held in Rhode Island, Decision coming now

Most likely Hurley chose UConn and Pitt moved on to the.next option and hired him, which is why some sources are saying Hurley to Pitt. They don't realize that the Pitt hire is not Hurley.

The other day Matt posted that Pitt has 2 big names they zeroed in on. If Hurley is 1 who would the other be? I don't think any of the mid-majors would be considered Big Names

Reactions: HailToPitt725
The other day Matt posted that Pitt has 2 big names they zeroed in on. If Hurley is 1 who would the other be? I don't think any of the mid-majors would be considered Big Names

They don't get any bigger than this guy:
.Hubert Blaine Wolfeschlegelsteinhausenbergerdorff
I hope he's not a basketball coach?
How would that fit on a PITT shirt?

"it's five o'clock somewhere"
Signed: Mr Buffett
Go PITT & CSU Rams!

If it was Miller their would have been rumors,Miller has not been in Pittsburgh he's been on the road recruiting for zona,so if he is the guy it could be awhile

Matt confirmed today that Pitt and Miller were working on a contract this past Sunday.

Would’ve had to have been on the phone.

He was in Southern California watching potential recruit Devonaire Doubtrive play late Saturday night. There’s pictures of him and an assistant sitting in the stands.

Yeah he has been in the west coast the whole time,pretty balsy for pitt to hire a coach without sitting down with him especially with all the rumors going around with trouble

Matt is more reliable than anyone else on here. He at least admits that he doesn't have all of the information and it may be a while. Or it may be tonight or tomorrow. No one knows. But whatever he does say is more accurate than anything else on here.

Matt is more reliable than anyone else on here. He at least admits that he doesn't have all of the information and it may be a while. Or it may be tonight or tomorrow. No one knows. But whatever he does say is more accurate than anything else on here.

It’s 50-50 sounds like though I would prefer a1 majority would prefer a1 over Hurley.

I was pretty skeptical of Miller when the FBI story broke. Thought he looked pretty dumb. Since then it seems more and more that the story doesn't make a lot of sense. Then he boldly denies it when it would be easy to prove him wrong if they had something.

The real question is what's the risk to Pitt? The real risk is that Pitt loses their coach if he ends up in jail. You can mitigate the financial implications with the contract. The problem would be you need to find another coach if the worst case played out. It's a risk I might consider taking.

Going from Hurley to Oates without taking a run at Miller doesn't make any sense to me.

Anyone who has been recruited to a job understands that you get the best deal when you provide the obstacles to being hired. True or untrue is negotiating 101.

Still might be? I posted if true?
Read my post knucklehead!
If it is true I believe we just overpaid for a guy from URI whose wife doesnt want to live in Pittsburgh ( she said that) which spells trouble for sure!

Anyone who has been recruited to a job understands that you get the best deal when you provide the obstacles to being hired. True or untrue is negotiating 101.

Until the hiring party decides there's one to many obstacles out there and goes in another direction.

Go PITT & CSU Rams!

I was pretty skeptical of Miller when the FBI story broke. Thought he looked pretty dumb. Since then it seems more and more that the story doesn't make a lot of sense. Then he boldly denies it when it would be easy to prove him wrong if they had something.

The real question is what's the risk to Pitt? The real risk is that Pitt loses their coach if he ends up in jail. You can mitigate the financial implications with the contract. The problem would be you need to find another coach if the worst case played out. It's a risk I might consider taking.

Going from Hurley to Oates without taking a run at Miller doesn't make any sense to me.
Add the fact Mark Schlabach's career is seemingly over or he has assumed a new identity over the last month because he hasn't said or tweeted a thing since 2/25. That is an eternity in this business.

1a is Miller. That’s a fact. Our lead writer confirmed it.

I don't care who confirmed it. If Pitt hires Miller, we are too stupid to deserve anything other than the sh*tstorm that could very follow. I'm sure Arizona is hoping that another program is dumb enough to hire him away. They know it worked with Stallingd and they are hoping and praying that Pitt takes Miller.

Reactions: CCHS82
I don't care who confirmed it. If Pitt hires Miller, we are too stupid to deserve anything other than the sh*tstorm that could very follow. I'm sure Arizona is hoping that another program is dumb enough to hire him away. They know it worked with Stallingd and they are hoping and praying that Pitt takes Miller.

What shitstorm? What's going to happen to Pitt and/or Miller?

Yeah he has been in the west coast the whole time,pretty balsy for pitt to hire a coach without sitting down with him especially with all the rumors going around with trouble
I'm not saying that Miller is definitely it, but there's this thing called the internet. It's what you utilize to post on this board. There are these apps that you can utilize like Skype and FaceTime, to be able to quote video chat unquote with people.

Reliable enough to get paid for putting his sources on the pay side, which is, more reliable than most. But people are only as reliable as their sources, so the real question is, who are the sources?
Matt never said Miller and Pitt had a contract..thi is a lie

Reactions: JSSTartan
So after reading this thread I have concluded:

1) Hurley to Pitt or UConn
2) Pitt May or May not have hired a coach
3) Miller was spotted at Sheetz.

If we hire Miller it's because he was our only viable option. If that offends your sensibilities, you have the option to root for somebody else. That's precisely who the majority of Pitt fans want to see as the next coach. About this, I have NO doubt. Time will tell...

Hopefully Hurley says YES. If he says no, hopefully Miller is back in the mix. Hiring some no name won't help. Won't keep any of the current players here, Won't energize the typical fan. Many of you here are the serious college basketball fans, so you can be happy with an up and coming no name. But for most fans that don't think about it when the game is off of the TV, that won't move the needle. Hiring a big name will help recruiting and fill more seats in The Pete, sorry, that's TRUE!

And I don't know much, but I really know a person who does know, believe me or not. So I'm not making a damn thing up when I post here. But I get it, If Trump or Hillary say something that's TRUE, people that don't like them don't WANT to believe it, So fine, I get it, I realize a lot of people here DON'T WANT to believe me- BECAUSE IT'S ME, and maybe if someone else said the same thing they'd believe it, of course that's BS, but that's just how it is.

Hopefully Hurley says YES. If he says no, hopefully Miller is back in the mix. Hiring some no name won't help. Won't keep any of the current players here, Won't energize the typical fan. Many of you here are the serious college basketball fans, so you can be happy with an up and coming no name. But for most fans that don't think about it when the game is off of the TV, that won't move the needle. Hiring a big name will help recruiting and fill more seats in The Pete, sorry, that's TRUE!

And I don't know much, but I really know a person who does know, believe me or not. So I'm not making a damn thing up when I post here. But I get it, If Trump or Hillary say something that's TRUE, people that don't like them don't WANT to believe it, So fine, I get it, I realize a lot of people here DON'T WANT to believe me- BECAUSE IT'S ME, and maybe if someone else said the same thing they'd believe it, of course that's BS, but that's just how it is.
Yeah if Hurley says no I'm really hoping the miller speculation turned sour was just to wait and see on Hurley. I would be pretty upset if they just ended things with miller. Unless they make a push later for musselman they gotta go out and get Hurley, miller, or Matta... and Matta seems the closest to 100% not happening.

If Pitts offer to Hurley is 3 mil it shows they’re serious unlike Canada’s 1 mil offer when he had a1.5 offer .

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT