ADVERTISEMENT

Terrel Brown?

DC_Area_Panther

Head Coach
Jul 7, 2001
Some (many) thought Terrel Brown would be a starter again all this season. Personally I thought he would be the starter early and eventually give way to Hugley.

Did Brown even play today? Is he injured?

Or has Capel decided he is #3 behind Hugley and Coulibaly?

Probably had a bad week of practice. I didn't see him on the court at any point.

Some (many) thought Terrel Brown would be a starter again all this season. Personally I thought he would be the starter early and eventually give way to Hugley.

Did Brown even play today? Is he injured?

Or has Capel decided he is #3 behind Hugley and Coulibaly?

If he wasn't getting minutes on last year's team- he's getting less this year's team.

I thought he’d start and play 25 to 30 minutes a game. Wrong! Coulibaly and hugley have been solid, but brown must really be coming up small for two underclassmen to take his minutes.

Reactions: FireballZ
I thought he’d start and play 25 to 30 minutes a game. Wrong! Coulibaly and hugley have been solid, but brown must really be coming up small for two underclassmen to take his minutes.
I am thinking we had/have a real shot at Amzil. Maybe the only reason we didn't get him was lack of room.

Could we be making room?

• Haha
Reactions: FireballZ
Not sure how you can justify playing Drumgoole in a close game, yet in the same game leave Brown on the bench all day when you had basically no defensive presence down low. Also Collier only 1 minute? Don’t know all the circumstances, but I found all of that odd.

Not sure how you can justify playing Drumgoole in a close game, yet in the same game leave Brown on the bench all day when you had basically no defensive presence down low. Also Collier only 1 minute? Don’t know all the circumstances, but I found all of that odd.
Did i just hear someond question NOT playing Brown?
This board is quite diverse.

Reactions: Jeffburgh
Play who the coach gives us the best chance to win

It’s a juggling act. Best 5 play too many minutes and maybe you win a couple more early season games and/or win by a larger margin at the expense of losing more games later due to younger guys not developing as rapidly and best 5 possibly getting worn down and playing less well later in the season.

Reactions: TreesHero
Did i just hear someond question NOT playing Brown?
This board is quite diverse.
He’s one of the best shot blockers in school history and Pitt had absolutely no defensive presence down there. If he was available (which I have no idea if there was or wasn’t an injury/illness...something of that sort), I don’t see why you wouldn’t at least try to put him in there.

I’m not saying it’s outrageous he didn’t play 15-20 minutes, but I don’t see the downside in 3-4 minutes to see if he could help you defensively. If not, I don’t think the defense would’ve been drastically worse with him in there.

Hey, it’s not like he is going to The League. He’s being smart and getting his education. Why transfer from the University and possibly lose credits in the transfer. He’s got a free ride for a great education. Good for him.

He’s one of the best shot blockers in school history and Pitt had absolutely no defensive presence down there. If he was available (which I have no idea if there was or wasn’t an injury/illness...something of that sort), I don’t see why you wouldn’t at least try to put him in there.

I’m not saying it’s outrageous he didn’t play 15-20 minutes, but I don’t see the downside in 3-4 minutes to see if he could help you defensively. If not, I don’t think the defense would’ve been drastically worse with him in there.
Unfortunately too often his desire to block shots leaves a huge hole on defense
I mean he blocked some shots against sfpa-
Who cares when the possession ends with an easy
Basket

The truth is - he’s bad on defense and he doesn’t rebound

Maybe I missed it but is Max A hurt or redshirting? 6'10", to see if any better energy than TBrown

Cmon guys Brown is a good kid who just isn’t good at Basketball. The Basketball IQ just isn’t there to improve as a basketball player. I hope he proves me wrong throughout the season and grows

Brown is an example of what you get with those low 200s/300s recruit. About 9 out of 10 of them cant cut it. And we have 2 more of those on the roster. We haven't hit on a big guy ranked that low in a decade or more.

Basket

I don’t disagree. But this is an awful defensive team. It’s not like putting him on the court means taking out someone who can’t block shots, but they can guard the opposing team’s bigs well. Toney is the only player on the team that has proven to be a good defender.

Basket

Last year I said he wasn't a good defender and that his block stats were misleading. People jumped all over me, some even went so far as to labeling him an excellent defender.....you know.....because stats.

Last year I said he wasn't a good defender and that his block stats were misleading. People jumped all over me, some even went so far as to labeling him an excellent defender.....you know.....because stats.

I think he's a good defender when he keeps his arms up and hedges effectively, which he did in several games.

It appears Brown’s reduced PT toward last season’s end now doesn’t appear to be accidental. I recall a number of us debating that topic. Clearly he seems now to be number 3 at the post position.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT